www.fire-judyrose.com

this belongs on the main page because its not smack, but won’t last, so I’ll say it here.

don’t worry about Bobby, Judy is what holds this entire program back.

We have been mid major at every sport for 15 years now.

She has done a good job of taking us from the little Sunbelt to the midmajor A10, but now its time to let someone else come in to get us to another level, ie: some form of football, a real D1 budget, an AD who grows fundraising, and maybe even hire…oh my gosh…49ers in the department who have passion for the place and not so worried about thier resumes. :o

I gotta believe you on this one Metro. I’d love to see someone in this role who actually has a vision for some form of football, rather than a person who can do nothing but point to the reasons we can’t have it. ECU got Terry Holland who came in running his mouth, but hell at least he wants to see improvement and move to another level.

I hate to say it, but do you think it’s a coincidence that she doesn’t seem as concerned about football because, she’s a she?? I think Title-IX is a joke so you can bash me all you want, but seriously, who’s buying tix to our volleyball matches??

Judy does seem content to hand out little medals to all the athletes once a season and to have this nice, cute, little program for people in the charlotte community to kinda support.

how much money does this woman make?

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 04:33 PM [b] how much money does this woman make? [/b]
not sure what Judy makes, but the assistant AD's make 50-60ish, and I would wager Judy is in the low 100's.

pay is not the issue. someone capable would be worth 250k+ a year.

She isn’t going anywhere, but it sure is nice to speculate. I don’t really think anyone in the administration gives a shit about the same things us fans care about. The influence for such a change would have to come from influential alumni and boosters…I’m not sure we have those to any degree. But I’m speaking about something I’m far from an expert on.

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 04:50 PM [b] She isn't going anywhere, but it sure is nice to speculate. I don't really think anyone in the administration gives a shit about the same things us fans care about. The influence for such a change would have to come from influential alumni and boosters...I'm not sure we have those to any degree. But I'm speaking about something I'm far from an expert on. [/b]
I have quit buying season tickets to hoops. Its not much, but I have probably given a total of $2000 for the last 8 years, but its over. As long as Judy is there, my wallet is closed. I hate it too, because I love the school, and I am making more money now than I ever imagined, and can give alot more now than I did before.

It will take alot of small players like me, or a few big hitters. Whichever, I pray for the day.

See you’re back to make some more friends, Metro. Perfect.

I am not sure what the deal is with Judy. I haven’t been around Charlotte long enough to give an honest opinion either way on her. However, I still don’t like the move to the A-10 because of what it does to football chances.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 07:14 PM [b] I am not sure what the deal is with Judy. I haven't been around Charlotte long enough to give an honest opinion either way on her. However, I still don't like the move to the A-10 because of what it does to football chances. [/b]
move to A10 = pressure off the "non 49er resume hawks" in our athleetic department who are afraid to step up.
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 06:08 PM [b] See you're back to make some more friends, Metro. Perfect. [/b]
I could care less about friends, I have plenty of them.

I want what’s best for 49ers and our school, not the careers of individuals.

Metro…well stated posts. Some people don’t want to hear the truth. I’m with you on this one.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 05:02 PM [b]I have quit buying season tickets to hoops. Its not much, but I have probably given a total of $2000 for the last 8 years, but its over. As long as Judy is there, my wallet is closed. I hate it too, because I love the school, and I am making more money now than I ever imagined, and can give alot more now than I did before.

It will take alot of small players like me, or a few big hitters. Whichever, I pray for the day.[/b]

Seems to me that this approach is totally conterproductive. Money equals influence in this situation. Good or bad, the more you give the more your concerns will have to be listened to. This is just my opinion, but posting on this message board will do little to nothing to get your objectives accomplished.

Also, everyone is aware that Title IX deals with much more than college athletics, right?

[i]Originally posted by Craven Morehead+Nov 24 2004, 11:16 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Craven Morehead @ Nov 24 2004, 11:16 AM)

I have to agree with Craven Morehead here. I would love to have a football team just like everyone else on this board, but it just doesn’t make any sense to boycott the basketball program until we get a football program. One of the main reasons we don’t have a football team is the enormous amount of money it would take to get started. The more money the athletic dept. takes in, the closer a football program comes to being a reality. By refusing to make donations or buy tickets, you are moving us in the wrong direction. When we only have 5,000 show up for some of our basketball games, people don’t think we have enough fans to support a football team. Even if Judy Rose is the major obstacle to a football program as you claim she is, refusing to buy season tickets for basketball is not going to solve or change anything.

If you really want a “say” there are much better ways of going about it… write letters, start a petition, get some of our welathy or influential alumni involved, talk Mike P. into printing some articles about it, see if you can get a donation campaign started, etc. If we could get the athletic dept. to start a donation campaign specifically for a football program that would be a big step. I’m sure a lot of businesses and alumni (myself included) would be willing to make considerable donations if they knew the money would only be used for starting a football program. Even if the campaign went on for several years or more, at least we would be moving in the right direction.

I think football would be a great addition to our school and would increase enrollment, school spirit, and attendance at other sporting events. I would be willing to help get a movement started in any way I can, but boycotting the sports we do have is pointless. Besides, I enjoy the basketball games. :slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 12:43 PM [b] I have to agree with Craven Morehead here. I would [i]love[/i] to have a football team just like everyone else on this board, but it just doesn't make any sense to boycott the basketball program until we get a football program. One of the main reasons we don't have a football team is the enormous amount of money it would take to get started. The more money the athletic dept. takes in, the closer a football program comes to being a reality. By refusing to make donations or buy tickets, you are moving us in the wrong direction. When we only have 5,000 show up for some of our basketball games, people don't think we have enough fans to support a football team. Even if Judy Rose is the major obstacle to a football program as you claim she is, refusing to buy season tickets for basketball is not going to solve or change anything.

If you really want a “say” there are much better ways of going about it… write letters, start a petition, get some of our welathy or influential alumni involved, talk Mike P. into printing some articles about it, see if you can get a donation campaign started, etc. If we could get the athletic dept. to start a donation campaign specifically for a football program that would be a big step. I’m sure a lot of businesses and alumni (myself included) would be willing to make considerable donations if they knew the money would only be used for starting a football program. Even if the campaign went on for several years or more, at least we would be moving in the right direction.

I think football would be a great addition to our school and would increase enrollment, school spirit, and attendance at other sporting events. I would be willing to help get a movement started in any way I can, but boycotting the sports we do have is pointless. Besides, I enjoy the basketball games. :slight_smile: [/b]

she can’t even raise enough money to build a baseball stadium, I don’t think Judy is going to get football off the ground. :rolleyes:

your comment about the amount of money to start football is a little naive. App St, WCU, JCSU, WSSU, AT, etc all have football. Us not having it, is laughable when you talk funds. :rolleyes:

If we had the administration to handle the task, we could be playing 1AA football at our beautiful track in no time.

one day, you Judy supporters are going to wake up and realize we are no better off than we were 15 years ago.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Nov 25 2004, 09:21 PM [b] she can't even raise enough money to build a baseball stadium, I don't think Judy is going to get football off the ground. :rolleyes: [/b]
I have been to 3 or 4 baseball games in the past few years and there haven't been more than 50 people at any of them. Why would we need a new stadium? Like it or not, college baseball just doesn't have anywhere near the fan appeal that basketball or football does. I think most alumni would see building a new baseball stadium as a waste of money.
[b]your comment about the amount of money to start football is a little naive. App St, WCU, JCSU, WSSU, AT, etc all have football. Us not having it, is laughable when you talk funds. :rolleyes:

If we had the administration to handle the task, we could be playing 1AA football at our beautiful track in no time.
[/b]

Naive? Please explain. Everything I have read says that money is one of the major obstacles to starting a football program.

Athletics: football team at UNCC would be costly

It was determined the annual cost to maintain a competitive Division I football team would be around $6.6-7.7 million.

[b]one day, you Judy supporters are going to wake up and realize we are no better off than we were 15 years ago.[/b]

And what did I say that makes you think I am a “Judy supporter?” I was simply making the point that you boycotting basketball games is pointless.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan+Nov 26 2004, 12:24 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LutzFan @ Nov 26 2004, 12:24 AM)
[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Nov 26 2004, 06:01 AM [b] first, nobody attends ANY baseball game without the proper environment. Its been proven in the minors, majors, and college if you don't have the proper environment, nobody comes. [/b]
So if we build a new expensive facility right now you think we would automatically go from 50 people attending the games to 4,000? :lol: I think you as an ex-baseball player are in the minority on this issue. College baseball is just not popular enough... the games are hardly ever televised... the average sports fan probably couldn't even tell you who won the college baseball world series last year.
[b]second, I NEVER SAID money is not an obstacle for football! It certainly is. It is in everything in life. You linking those stories is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that we don't have the person in place to GENERATE those revenues! :o That is all I am saying![/b]

Ummm… you sad:

[b]your comment about the amount of money to start football is a little naive. App St, WCU, JCSU, WSSU, AT, etc all have football. Us not having it, is laughable when you talk funds.[/b]

Are you trying to triangulate me? :blink:

lets put it this way Mr Triangle,
those other schools didn’t make excuses about the hurdles of financing 1AA football. They got it done. Unlike us.

I don’t see your point on a baseball stadium. Look at every D1 school in the south and look at ours, I think I win this argument. You don’t give yourself a chance to get the best players with our glorified high school field. Thats a fact. A new stadium would never draw 4000, but it may avg 500 and on nice days 2000, and host big games and tournys. Bottom line, they have tried to find the funds…couldn’t do it.

I’m not making excuses for the school or defending Judy Rose here… I’m just pointing out that money is a pretty big obstacle to starting a football program and that boycotting the basketball program until Judy Rose leaves is counter-productive.

Other than the fact that she was on the NCAA selection committee, I know very little about Judy Rose. I’m not attached to her at all… if we could get someone else in there that would be more active with getting a football program started, then I’m all for it. I’m not opposed to building a new baseball stadium either, but I would like to see some movement on a football program first.

Just pickin with you on the triangulate comment. :wink: