Xavier C Kenny Frease suspended indefinitely

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101411aab.html

“Not handling his team responsibilities.”

Oh wow.

Maybe Chris Mack should suspend himself for not managing Frease properly.

/mickey mouse

Odds he’ll be back before the first game?

Sucks. Hope he gets back on before first game.

And good call, NLP.

I thought his responsibility as a Xavier basketball player was to plant his King Kong body in the lane and whale away on the opposition. He did a pretty good job of that. Perhaps his surly court disposition is just an extension of his surly overall attitude? I kind of hope we see him here. He’s just the kind of guy that, as a fan, you just love to hate.

lol- he might miss the baby seal clubbing of a in-state whipping boy but trust me , he’ll be back…

They’re being projected as high as a Final 4 team. No way he stays suspended and jeapordize that.

X needs Kenny to get through what is arguably the most difficult OOC schedule in the nation.

If they can make it through OOC with only a couple losses, they should be a top 10 team. If they somehow make it through undefeated, they deserve (although probably won’t be) to be #1.

No argument on the OOC. From Mack’s comments, sounds like Frease may have been shirking his academic responsibilities, as well as those to the team.

Anyway, if Frease is unavailable, then I see a starting lineup of Holloway, Lyons, Robinson, Taylor, and Wells. Then you’ve got Davis, Redford, McKenzie, Walker, and Martin coming off the bench (though I’ve read Redford is still not 100%). Will be interesting to see what happens.

Stranger has happened and to us. Fortunately Mack has continuity with the program and was there when Frease started. Had this been Mack’s first year, might turn out different.

That seems lofty. Top 25 yes, and Sweet 16 maybe, but unless they have some stud freshman or a transfer that takes them up a level I don’t see them being Final Four good.

That seems lofty. Top 25 yes, and Sweet 16 maybe, but unless they have some stud freshman or a transfer that takes them up a level I don’t see them being Final Four good.[/quote] They’re adding depth and outside shooting to a stud in Holloway and an already strong team. The only potential weak spot is PF, which they are replacing with a transfer rather than a freshman. I think top 10 is somewhat likely (assuming Frease comes back soon and no major injuries). We’ll see, their OOC schedule will reveal a lot, it’s tough, but will also prepare them well for the tournament.

I.e. I could see them being good enough to make the Final Four, provided things fall right for them in the tournament (as it needs to for any team to make it that far). I really thought X should have done better in the tournament last year.

That seems lofty. Top 25 yes, and Sweet 16 maybe, but unless they have some stud freshman or a transfer that takes them up a level I don’t see them being Final Four good.[/quote] They’re adding depth and outside shooting to a stud in Holloway and an already strong team. The only potential weak spot is PF, which they are replacing with a transfer rather than a freshman. I think top 10 is somewhat likely (assuming Frease comes back soon and no major injuries). We’ll see, their OOC schedule will reveal a lot, it’s tough, but will also prepare them well for the tournament.

I.e. I could see them being good enough to make the Final Four, provided things fall right for them in the tournament (as it needs to for any team to make it that far). I really thought X should have done better in the tournament last year.[/quote]

PF was the position that I was eluding to when I said they needed a stud freshman or a transfer. McLean was a big loss for them as their leading rebounder last season, and he was also who I believe was their best defender last season. Holloway has his All-American moments, but he shot a combined 4-23 against us last season. We beat Xavier last season also, I think surprising both school’s fans. As I said previously, this PF they have better be a stud if they are going to be a Final 4 team. Gonna be tough to get there unless he’s contributes even more than McLean did last season.

I feel like Kenny Frease has been at Xavier for 13 years. Are we sure Xavier didn’t just figure out that he’s out of eligibility?

I actually feel the opposite. I feel like Kenny has only been there for two years. Maybe that’s because he wasn’t very good his first two seasons.

I think Travis Taylor is going to step in and contibute right away. Whether or not he’ll have the same numbers he had at Monmouth when he transferred remains to be seen. Of course, with all the weapons X has, he shouldn’t have to, at least as far as PPG. I’m sure Mack would like to see him replicate his RPG numbers, though. And I’m sure Andre Walker didn’t transfer from Vandy and expect to ride the pine for his lone season as an X-Man, though he may be more suited for the SF position.

Anyway, from the latest on Shannon Russell’s blog, sounds like Frease could be back pretty soon. Just depends on whether or not he wants to, per Mack’s comments.

Apparently Jeff Goodman agrees with me! :wink:

CBSSports.com: Xavier mystery, Travis Taylor, won’t stay secret

RT @GoodmanCBS: Xavier’s suspended senior Kenny Frease won’t participate in Musketeer Madness tomorrow, but could be reinstated soon - http://bit.ly/qAfEMf

Latest from Shannon Russell’s blog. From Coach Mack’s replies to her questions, sounds like Frease will be able to rejoin the team pretty soon if he keeps his nose clean.

Cincinnati.com: No Madness for Frease