Xavier post game discussion

nothing else for me to say other than we lost by 22 and I had a bet getting 20 points.

I was hoping the bad weather would’ve just cancelled this massacre all together.

Late in the second half, when DiJuan was at the line, one of the announcers was talking about his interests, and he mentioned The 49ers Insider show and how DiJuan had hosted. Needless to say, ratings just went through the roof.

I thought that was cool. Unfortunately, not much else was cool.

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;380716]Late in the second half, when DiJuan was at the line, one of the announcers was talking about his interests, and he mentioned The 49ers Insider show and how DiJuan had hosted. Needless to say, ratings just went through the roof.

I thought that was cool. Unfortunately, not much else was cool.[/QUOTE]

I heard that (mentioned it in shout box) and it was a highlight.

I can’t see the shout box on my old computer at home. Thanks for the mention.

Winthrop is also 6-13. That makes for a primetime matchup Saturday at Halton…

Winthrop is also 6-13. That makes for a primetime matchup Saturday at Halton..

I’m calling an overtime.

Winthrop is also 6-13. That makes for a primetime matchup Saturday at Halton..
Someone call ESPN and let them know.

Quick…what will be the lead story on page 1 of the Big O tomorrow?

a. Niners lose by 50 something (or whatever)
b. Holes win on a last second shot
c. Wake beats Duke

Just for fun!!

Quick...what will be the lead story on page 1 of the Big O tomorrow?

c. Wake beats Duke
d. Curry’s 32 points lead Davidson

Just for fun!!

Forgot one!

Quick...what will be the lead story on page 1 of the Big O tomorrow?

c. Wake beats Duke

The sad thing is even if we were ranked Number 10 and beat a 9th ranked Xavier team, and the tarholes were not ranked and beat another nonranked team… they would still get Page 1 while our story was on Page 8.

[QUOTE=49er96;380749]Quick…what will be the lead story on page 1 of the Big O tomorrow?

c. Wake beats Duke

Just for fun!![/QUOTE]

too easy.

-Heels are ALWAYS first

-Stephen (pronounced STEFF-en) Curry is next.

-Other ACC games will follow.

• Niners game? check Jim’s blog. Otherwise, you will likely never find the story.

Are we really complaining that us getting slaughtered by Xavier won’t make the front page? Huh?

[QUOTE=eason49;380772]Are we really complaining that us getting slaughtered by Xavier won’t make the front page? Huh?[/QUOTE]

I’m not.

I was just answering the question.

My answer to the question would be the same if we were slaughtered by Xavier, Duke or Wake…OR if we beat Xavier, Duke or Wake.

Are we really complaining that us getting slaughtered by Xavier won't make the front page?
No. We're just stating fact. It makes no difference if we win or lose, or if the tarholes win or lose.......... they still get page one and we get the back pages..... regardless of who is ranked. But you knew that. Quit being an asshole (or a dumbass, whichever one it is).

And we’re not the ones who brought up this subject.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;380743]Winthrop is also 6-13. That makes for a primetime matchup Saturday at Halton…[/QUOTE]

I may camp out in from of the SAC to make sure I am first in the door.

We don’t have anybody that could start for X. They are better than us at every position. That isn’t the fault of Judy Rose and the A-10.

We are a 3-ball shooting team that can’t shoot. Somebody explain to me how that will change next year.

We are the worst rebounding team I’ve ever seen. Can somebody tell me who we have coming in next year, that will make us a good rebounding team?

Call me Scrooge because I don’t like what I’m seeing in the future.

strange part is Jim’s story must be frozen.

It is 8:07am and all I can read is an AP wire story on the game.

Plenty of other coverage of overnight sports at charlotte.com.

But I bet this is solely because of the bad weather in Ohio. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=bball49er;380794]We don’t have anybody that could start for X. They are better than us at every position. [/QUOTE]

agree. even if we were healthy, I wouldn’t change my answer.

[QUOTE=bball49er;380794]We are a 3-ball shooting team that can’t shoot. Somebody explain to me how that will change next year.

[/QUOTE]

agree, but I don’t have an answer for next year.

[QUOTE=bball49er;380794]We are the worst rebounding team I’ve ever seen. Can somebody tell me who we have coming in next year, that will make us a good rebounding team?[/QUOTE]

I’ve been told that Sherrill and Spears will address this. However, several years ago, I was told Mack, Coley and numerous other people would do the same thing. As as matter of fact, I think I’ve been told each of the previous Lutz recruiting classes had someone to address this, but I can’t remember the last time someone was good at rebounding.

[QUOTE=bball49er;380794]Call me Scrooge because I don’t like what I’m seeing in the future.[/QUOTE]

I won’t call you Scrooge, but I surely don’t know what to make of the future.

Sherrill is compared to Withers. I never saw Curt in high school, but they’ve said Sherrill is a better player at this point than Curt was. I’ll believe it when I see Sherrill come in and be impactful his frosh year. I wish I had a larger sample size with Sherrill, only saw one game. I just don’t believe Sherrill will play much next year. Unless Bobby will just leave Gaby playing <5 min per game.

Who knows how our recruits will impact us. Unfortunately, all we can do is look towards next year and hope they come as advertised, b/c there sure as hell isn’t anything to look forward to this year.