Xavier Post game

Lead almost all game, then collapse. Can’t fault Braswell, dude showed up. Feel bad he gets no help:

28 pts, 11-15 FG, 5-5 FT’s, 1-2 3PTS, 8 REB

Can’t ask for much more.

They don’t have good traffic flow around Cintas. Mickey Mouse.

We played really well and things didn’t go our way at the end. I’m real mad.

Glad it was at least an entertaining game to watch.

Niners did a good job making X’s sr day. FSOH made it sound like X spotted us some to make it interesting.

That’s all. I’m done for another year of fabulous Niner BB.

I give Major some credit…the guys clearly had added motivation after the embarrassing effort against Duquesne. Regardless of where we stand in the conference, I like that he was able to get his guys to respond. Good to see.

This team needs JB to be making shots. He wasn’t on his 3-ball today. We need a 2G that can bust a J. If Lester can play dead in a Western, we will be better next year.

Didn’t get to see the game since nothing was available online. But from listening on the radio:

Braswell had a huge game, including a number of and-1’s against big and/or athletic competition. I hope this carries over into our next game, where he’ll be up against Aiken, an elite shotblocker.

On the positive side, the team played well early, shot freethrows better than X, and outrebounded them. Sounded like the defense was ok until the 2nd half. The post-halftime swoon is just frustrating to see every game, coaches need to change up what they’re doing at halftime.

Not going to win many games this year when Barnett goes 0-6 from 3. Unfortunately, the tournament game is also a road game, where he’s been shooting low 20% from 3 (as opposed to 55%+ at home). St. Joes should just throw a zone at us and wait until we figure something out.

Sounded like Ivankovic made a number of positive plays while he was out there. Don’t really understand why he hasn’t been playing ~5 min. a game before, but perhaps he’s improved greatly over the season (no way for us to know, except maybe well-phrased question for the coaches show).

We could really use a player like Holloway on the court, just takes over when the team needs them. Maybe Henry can develop into something similar, though he needs to pick his spots. Decent stat line with 8 rebounds and 4 assists/2 turnovers, but sounded like he made some poor decisions. Thinking optimistically, X fans didn’t think much of Holloway by the end of his freshman year, particularly his bad play late in the season. And then he turned into an all-conference performer.

The only thing I remember is Braswell doing the and one sign with his finger, then the superman across his chest, then the discount double check champ belt, then putting the guns back in the holster all in one sequence. He did that multiple times…and it was awesome/retarded every time.

They announced the basketball score a couple times today during the baseball game, along with displaying the score on the scoreboard. A few fans were also listening to the basketball game.

Even though we had the lead over X, the 6 or 7 fans I heard mentioning/discussing the score all stated they were positive we would lose the lead and lose the game.

Between the 2 baseball games, there was a little conversation about our basketball loss, and everyone stated they had expected XU to make a comeback and defeat us.

It seems no one has any faith in our basketball program now, including myself.

Any player that does that when they play on a sub-500 team says alot. I would hope he understands that individually showboating when you’re losing makes you look like an idiot…and someone who only cares about his own stats (not the team’s).

Not the type of leadership we need…especially with him being a Sr next year.

my take:
bras is playing out of position; is lacking a talented/developed player or two at other key positions; is a very good basketball player but not an elite athlete; and is the antithesis of a leader.
my hopes:
1. some help for him is on the way,
2. he grows up and becomes a Man before next August/September/October/November. i.e., he decides to put the team on his back rather than whine about real and imagined slights. he already has the talent.

the next 12 months of niner basketball will hinge on this. bras can be something very special. or he can cave.

We were up 11 with 45 seconds left and you could see the ending of the movie foreshadowed when Xavier scored not once, but twice, in those 45 seconds to cut it to 7 at halftime. We were up 14 not long before, and the lead was cut in half in less than 2 minutes.

Braswell gets his 20+ again, but JB only gets 6. If they ever have a good game together, watch out.

We outrebounded Xavier, had the same number of assists, and shot better from behind the arc, yet still managed to lose by 9. Whoa is us.

[quote=“X-49er, post:12, topic:26450”]We were up 11 with 45 seconds left and you could see the ending of the movie foreshadowed when Xavier scored not once, but twice, in those 45 seconds to cut it to 7 at halftime. We were up 14 not long before, and the lead was cut in half in less than 2 minutes.

Braswell gets his 20+ again, but JB only gets 6. If they ever have a good game together, watch out.

We outrebounded Xavier, had the same number of assists, and shot better from behind the arc, yet still managed to lose by 9. Whoa is us.[/quote]

“Whoa” IS us. :-[ “Woe” is too! :))

Any player that does that when they play on a sub-500 team says alot. I would hope he understands that individually showboating when you’re losing makes you look like an idiot…and someone who only cares about his own stats (not the team’s).

Not the type of leadership we need…especially with him being a Sr next year.[/quote]

So he’s gone from disappearing and not showing any fire to showing fire and only caring about himself. f***ing retarded, this board is.

The only thing Braswell wasn’t was enough. Had an amazing game but no one rose with him to the challenge.

He was only doing the show when we were winning. He was dominating and showing some fire. I was fine with it. I actually liked it. He was owning X and showing it. Too bad no one else showed up. It was basically 1 on 5.

This is not an official post game thread until sokool chimes in.

Since he hasn’t yet - allow me…

Deuce! blah blah blah major sucks… blah blah Deuce is awesome… major can’t coach… keep accepting losing… blah blah blah… Deuce should transfer… sizeking… freshmen…go niners

^^^^ HAHAHAHA

Tough to win when the remaining players on the team shoots 29%. I would like to see a 10 player instead of 8 player rotation next season.

Braswell is not our problem every team has a focus on him and he delivers. He is an excllent player. I am not as dissapointed as some on this board. We are a young team, and we only play 8 players. We simply ran out of gas against X and then we panic. Look forward to next year.