Xavier Post game

Braswell is awesome and I don’t understand the “Braswell has a bad attitude” line. The kid hates losing. I would always want someone who gets upset when we’re losing over someone who doesn’t.

There’s been some “Henry has a bad attitude developing” comments too. No he doesn’t. He wants to win and he can’t stand it when we don’t.

We have been conditioned to losing and our players are breaking out of that mentality. This is a part of the culture change. You watch the best players at any level and they will exhibit similar traits when they are losing. John Wall acts similar at Washington, those Duke players were sullen last night.

I’m just glad we have Bras another year. Who knows how good he will be next year.

But give Major another year… >:(

[quote=“NLP, post:14, topic:26450”]So he’s gone from disappearing and not showing any fire to showing fire and only caring about himself. f***ing retarded, this board is.

The only thing Braswell wasn’t was enough. Had an amazing game but no one rose with him to the challenge.[/quote]

Agree! Can’t ask for anymore from Braswell. All he needs is 4 more players on his team that are worth a damn to help him!

Briscoe did have some nice 3 point shots in the 2nd half… maybe Sokool is satisfied?

I might be alone, but I’m very excited about the direction of our program.

I might be alone, but I’m very excited about the direction of our program.[/quote]
I’m excited that either major gets it done or he will have left the team in better hands than he found it.

I might be alone, but I’m very excited about the direction of our program.[/quote]

I smell a poll…

That’s pretty much how I feel. This is the first time in years I feel like we actually have a future.

And not only that, but we’re adding to it next year. I see players to get excited about playing here for 4 years.

That’s pretty much how I feel. This is the first time in years I feel like we actually have a future.

And not only that, but we’re adding to it next year. I see players to get excited about playing here for 4 years.[/quote]

I agree with this - not sold on Major, but house cleaning had to be done. Either he is the solution or the next guy is. I am more worried about the state of the fanbase relative to how long it is taking us to get back. I too see players that excite me. Even though E-Vic didn’t explode on the scene you can see the wheels turning I can not wait to see him develop. I am more worried about if the guys are excited about being here for four years.

Well, our recruits are excited about coming here. The only player who seems dissatisfied is Derrio and I think everyone here understands where that stems from.

The other players just don’t seem okay with losing and again, that really invigorates me. I was tired of seeing players that accepted losing.

But let’s fire Major… right.

Well, our recruits are excited about coming here. The only player who seems dissatisfied is Derrio and I think everyone here understands where that stems from.

The other players just don’t seem okay with losing and again, that really invigorates me. I was tired of seeing players that accepted losing.[/quote]

Hope it stays that way. I know teams take on the personality of the coach. I also know we have had some head cases and in some places the players deserved to be booted. I just want to see the team have some fire. Come out like they enjoy playing together and enjoy the game. Major keeps his emotions so wrapped up that maybe that just won’t be the personality of the teams. The interview with Henry early in the season when he talked about the team like a family made me happy but there have been games where it looked like the team hated playing together and did not want to be on the floor, both last year and this year. Just ready to get to a point where losing guys mid season and players being unhappy becomes the exception and not the norm. I know Major having all his own guys will help this to some degree.

We didn’t run out of gas at the end, the last ten minutes were hacked every time the ball got in the paint and nothing was called. If JB was able to shoot in Cintas we win that game.

The other players just don’t seem okay with losing and again, that really invigorates me. I was tired of seeing players that accepted losing.
[/quote]

Really? Which players “accepted losing”?

How many more excuses can we make for Major. HIS 5 of 6 recruits who got some minutes this year shot nearly .500 FT’s. It’s HIS players that cost us several games because of terrible FT shooting (and not all are Freshman). How many times can you give him a free pass, geeze.

I’d say our whole teams accepted losing for a long time. Henry and Braswell react the way I feel when I see us losing. That’s what I want out of our teams, to be as upset as we are as fans when we lose.

If JB would make shots, if 5 of 6 of Majors recruits would of made more then 1 out of every 2 free throws, if Henry wouldn’t rush bad shots early in possessions when we are winning, if if if if.

We suck the last two years and it’ll suck if we have to relive this nightmare next year. The fan interest and expectations of this team and coach are at an all time low that I’ve ever seen. If anyone has accepted losing, it’s the fans.

I’m excited that either major gets it done or he will have left the team in better hands than he found it.[/quote]

I am also excited by not only the players, but the physical style that we are establishing. The guys were flying around a bit yesterday. I think if Major was to leave the team in better hands then he is getting it done. The goal is to rebuild the program. This is not happening as fast as some would like, but it is happening. I’m very interested to see the progress next season along with what Major and crew can do this off-season for recruiting.

If JB would make shots, if 5 of 6 of Majors recruits would of made more then 1 out of every 2 free throws, if Henry wouldn’t rush bad shots early in possessions when we are winning, if if if if.

We suck the last two years and it’ll suck if we have to relive this nightmare next year. The fan interest and expectations of this team and coach are at an all time low that I’ve ever seen. If anyone has accepted losing, it’s the fans.[/quote]

We’ve sucked for a long time, not just the last two years. We weren’t very good in 2005-06. And that’s the best team we’ve had since then.

Some people think that this is the NBA where there are only 30 or so teams. There are 300+ teams in the NCAA to compete against for players. We are recruiting better than most of these schools at this time. The other coaches and players play to win as well. We just went toe to toe with a team in their house that started 3 seniors and 1 junior, and we came out and punched them in the mouth. We didn’t come away with the win, but we didn’t roll over either.