Xavier Post game

If JB would make shots, if 5 of 6 of Majors recruits would of made more then 1 out of every 2 free throws, if Henry wouldn’t rush bad shots early in possessions when we are winning, if if if if.

We suck the last two years and it’ll suck if we have to relive this nightmare next year. The fan interest and expectations of this team and coach are at an all time low that I’ve ever seen. If anyone has accepted losing, it’s the fans.[/quote]

We’ve sucked for a long time, not just the last two years. We weren’t very good in 2005-06. And that’s the best team we’ve had since then.[/quote]

The season before major took over was 19-12. We didn’t suck, but we didn’t get what we wanted either NCAA’s. That being said, this new level of SUCK is brutal. Again, our fan base for support is at an all time low even SINCE 2005-06.

I understand we had bad years before, but this is like watching John Fox going 1-15 with Jimmy Clauson at QB. It’s BRUTAL and everyone KNOWS this team will lay down at end of halfs and give it all up. Just read the comments from the baseball game, everyone KNEW they were going to lose it at the end.

we sucked when we were 19-12 and we won 11 games the year before that.

I honestly don’t know what to feel about this team. We won more games which is good, but we did not get a marquee win which is bad.

Additionally I am not to comfortable with what we have comming in next year. There are no real stand out recruits to be excited about. Which leaves us hoping and praying that the freshman are all going to make a jump in ability. It just feels like we are going to watch this movie again next year.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:43, topic:26450”]I honestly don’t know what to feel about this team. We won more games which is good, but we did not get a marquee win which is bad.

Additionally I am not to comfortable with what we have comming in next year. There are no real stand out recruits to be excited about. Which leaves us hoping and praying that the freshman are all going to make a jump in ability. It just feels like we are going to watch this movie again next year.[/quote]

That’s what I’m worried about. Sitting through this crap again isn’t going to be fun.

I definitely see some signs of life but being consistent is important. We are a different team one night to the next. We can never seem to put together two good halves.

I think if PH can develop more this offseason, he can be a catalyst from a defensive aspect and a floor general with decision making on offense.

The most concern I have is the rest of the conference is getting better from recruiting and coaching. The bottom dwellers are now middle of the pack while teams like Dayton, Xavier, and temple will always lead the conference.

4 of our rotation players and two of our starters are new underclassmen. Young teams are inconsistent.

I think if PH can develop more this offseason, he can be a catalyst from a defensive aspect and a floor general with decision making on offense.

I have no concerns about PH’s development. He’s a warrior.

The most concern I have is the rest of the conference is getting better from recruiting and coaching. The bottom dwellers are now middle of the pack while teams like Dayton, Xavier, and temple will always lead the conference.

Dayton isn’t exactly leading the conference. The other teams took a long time to work their way up the ladder, it didn’t happen over night. We’re going to have to work our way up as well. This is the first year we’ve had of Major’s recruits. I’d say we got a really good class.

Mayfield and Henry alone would be a bright future, but we’ve seen flashes from Nickerson and Williams. That’s what has me excited. Good young players.

I think you just have more faith in Major than others. Gotta get the players and then once you get them have to coach them up. The more you trust Major can do that the better you feel about the future because I don’t see how any sane person can complain about the recruits we are getting. We are way better than we had been in that area. At this point it is all about developing the talent we have.

What are you talking about? Nickerson is terrible! For a guy who was a four star ESPN top 100 I could not be more disappointed with how he did. He can’t drive, he barley hits the back board on wide open shots and is dependable only for 2-3 bad passes/turnovers a game. He better make an exponential leap this off-season or that will be a wasted schollie.

I like what 2002 said, this is pretty much year one for Major. Last year was a busted season, no incoming recruits and having to war with the players on the team. If this was the first year of Major ball, I think more people would be on board with my way of thinking.

We literally blew up the program last year and now we’re on the road to rebuilding. I like seeing us work for open shots and play 40 minutes of defense. I’ve always been of the mindset that if you play the game right, the wins will come. We’re learning how to play basketball again.

lol @ waste of a scholarship. Okay dude.

I like the direction Major is trying to go, but I’m not convinced he will get there. I hope he does, and soon, but he seems to continue hitting the bumps in the road instead of dodging them.

Dayton isn’t leading the conference but they are consistently in the top quarter of the A10 (usually recruit well), now throw in st. Joes, st Bonnie, umass, st Louis and the dukes you have a strong middle of the conference.

You play within a system and you progress as the year goes on as you play together. If you are inconsistent at the beginning and same at the end, that’s a problem.

lol @ waste of a scholarship. Okay dude.[/quote]

Lets see, while averaging 17 mins a game Nickerson managed:
FG% 32%
3P% 11%
1 Turnover a game
3 PPG
2RPG.

If you think these are schollie worthy stats for playing 17mins a game, then you need to pass whatever it is you are smoking cause I need a hit!

FG% 32%
3P% 11%
1 Turnover a game
3 PPG
2RPG.

If you think these are schollie worthy stats for playing 17mins a game, then you need to pass whatever it is you are smoking cause I need a hit![/quote]
Damn dude, he’s a freshmen…

FG% 32%
3P% 11%
1 Turnover a game
3 PPG
2RPG.

If you think these are schollie worthy stats for playing 17mins a game, then you need to pass whatever it is you are smoking cause I need a hit![/quote]

We gave Thorne a scholly too, I guess that was wasted as well. Get a grip, EVic is a freshman STUDENT-athlete. Wasted scholarship is a harsh thing to say. I’m personally very thankful he is on our team.

In 3 years, if that’s the production we’re getting out of EVic then I will probably agree we could have found a better player for that scholarship.

I doubt it will be.

EVic gets to the basket, he just isn’t strong enough to finish yet. When he can, look out.

I think some people expectations are way too high. When Lutz left the team was left with no players. Bas may have been the only player on the team that would have gotten minutes at another A10 school. We played three freshman big minutes this year which is not ever a good thing. Duke redshirted two freshman this year, and UNC did not play freshman many minutes. We are still at least two years away from having the 20 win season that we hope to get back to having often.

FG% 32%
3P% 11%
1 Turnover a game
3 PPG
2RPG.

Damn dude, he’s a freshmen…[/quote]

Isn’t that Anothony Davis kid from Kentucky a freshman? He seems to have figured it out at this level.

Also I said if he did not make the jump. Another year of those stats and I think most people will switch over to my way of thinking.

Would rather have high expectations than the " oh we’ll at least we have a div 1 team and we did not lose every game so I am happy" level of expectations.

You do understand Davis was a 5* recruit and most likely be in a Bobcat uni next year seeing how they have the #1 pick. Let’s be a little more realistic.

FG% 32%
3P% 11%
1 Turnover a game
3 PPG
2RPG.

Damn dude, he’s a freshmen…[/quote]

Isn’t that Anothony Davis kid from Kentucky a freshman? He seems to have figured it out at this level.

Also I said if he did not make the jump. Another year of those stats and I think most people will switch over to my way of thinking.

Would rather have high expectations than the " oh we’ll at least we have a div 1 team and we did not lose every game so I am happy" level of expectations.[/quote]

You sir are a retard. Comparing Kentucky’s players to ours based on both being freshman…

You should transfer to Carolina and leave here, pick up a shirt at your local walmart while you’re at it too.