You guys aren't the only former C-USA school struggling.

I was noticing last night as I watched UL shoot about 20% from the field at home! Only Marquette will probably be going to the big dance this year. Cincy, UL, Depaul, St. Louis, TCU, USF (of course they always have sucked are all struggling a bit this year. Just weird how that is this year.

By the way, SMU fans make Davidson fans seem modest.

That just shows we all need each other…

It’s a shame too. CUSA was just beginning to come into its own when the meltdown occurred.

We’ll go back squid. But no Mempiss fans allowed except for you.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;216563]It’s a shame too. CUSA was just beginning to come into its own when the meltdown occurred.[/QUOTE]
How true! Hard to believe that in the 2nd season since the “break-up” of the original C-USA, only Marquette has “benefited” from its new conference as relates to making the NCAA tournament. Who would have predicted that?!

As run pointed out, the Old CUSA would probably be a 2 bid conference this year.

If every former C-USA team decided in December/January to re-form, this is how the league would look prior to the start of conference play: (with Out-of-Conference records and RPI)

Louisville…9-4 #133
Cincinnati…9-5 #119
Charlotte…6-6 #131
UAB…8-6 #85
DePaul…8-5 #81
Houston…6-7 #93
Memphis…10-3 #17
Texas Christian…8-4 #209
Marquette…12-2 #42
St. Louis…9-4 #46
South Florida…9-5 #207
East Carolina…2-8 #309
Tulane…5-5 #238
Southern Mississippi…6-3 #157

Probably good enough to finish as the 8th best conference behind the MWC.

Yeah. Glad the Pigs in Louisville got what they wanted for BCS football. Oh yeah, just heard their coach left for the NFL. They won’t be sniffing at any bowl bids no time soon.

Yup, be careful what you ask for.

[QUOTE=survivor45;216570]If every former C-USA team decided in December/January to re-form, this is how the league would look prior to the start of conference play: (with Out-of-Conference records and RPI)

Louisville…9-4 #133
Cincinnati…9-5 #119
Charlotte…6-6 #131
UAB…8-6 #85
DePaul…8-5 #81
Houston…6-7 #93
Memphis…10-3 #17
Texas Christian…8-4 #209
Marquette…12-2 #42
St. Louis…9-4 #46
South Florida…9-5 #207
East Carolina…2-8 #309
Tulane…5-5 #238
Southern Mississippi…6-3 #157

Probably good enough to finish as the 8th best conference behind the MWC.[/QUOTE]

clt would endorse that conf.

We all know the main reason both UofL and Cincy left CUSA was for football purposes. To think that UofL will take a step back because Bobby P. left for the NFL is somewhat off base. UofL secured 6 4-star football recurits yesterday, including Phil Simms’ son QB.

Playing football in the Big East where they have a shot at a BCS game that pays 10+ million, should make not making the NCAA tourney every year an easier pill to swallow for both schools.

We all know the main reason both UofL and Cincy left CUSA was for football purposes. To think that UofL will take a step back because Bobby P. left for the NFL is somewhat off base. UofL secured 6 4-star football recurits yesterday, including Phil Simms' son QB.

Playing football in the Big East where they have a shot at a BCS game that pays 10+ million, should make not making the NCAA tourney every year an easier pill to swallow for both schools.

Chris Simms crawled back to college?

Cincy is a mess post-Huggins.

Louisville, I don’t know if Pitino still has it in him anymore, he has recruited a lot of talent, but nothing seems to be working.

Marquette has done a good job and been the most stable, but it doesn’t hurt when you have a stud like Dominic James on your roster either.

USF will be a very good football program…

St. Louis fits into the A-10 much better than CUSA even though they did have a good amount of success in CUSA.

Charlotte, well it doesn’t matter once Lutz didn’t get the Tennessee job things have just never been the same, a change is needed.

Memphis has dominated CUSA but does not have the same talent it had last season, which may help them come NCAA time.

The thing that has hurt all of the teams is the change itself, Marquette and St. Louis were able to handle their changes best, which is rather ironic being that neither has football, well maybe its not ironic.

[QUOTE=unccjayhawk;216587]Playing football in the Big East where they have a shot at a BCS game that pays 10+ million, should make not making the NCAA tourney every year an easier pill to swallow for both schools.[/QUOTE]

Jayhawk, if that were the attitude at UofL, then Denny Crum would still be coaching the Cards. And I’m sure the main reason they’re building a new $250+ million arena in Louisville is so UofL can play postseason NIT games in style! :rolleyes:

I beleive the YUM! Center is a Practice Facility only for both Volleyball and Basketball similar to what you guys have on campus. No way they are going to tear down Freedom Hall.

UofL has decent talent young (Sosa, Clark, G. Smith), but the Big East has way too many good teams, not great teams, to think that anything above a .500 record is in the Cards future. Their final four team had way too much upper classmen leadership and a heck of a lot of three point shooters. T. Williams is holding back the progress of their freshman. My thoughts.

[QUOTE=unccjayhawk;216594]I beleive the YUM! Center is a Practice Facility only for both Volleyball and Basketball similar to what you guys have on campus. No way they are going to tear down Freedom Hall.[/QUOTE]

Mind if I ask what are you talking about here? Just curious.

BTW, I don’t think Freedom Hall is going to be torn down when the new Louisville downtown riverfront arena opens in 2010.

Link: Louisville Arena

I beleive the YUM! Center is a Practice Facility only for both Volleyball and Basketball similar to what you guys have on campus.

Similar to what us guys have on campus? Where did you go to school, uncc?

You just beat me run! I knew I’d heard about a new building.

Louisville is getting a new arena because UL can’t play any home games at Freedom Hall in November. They have some huge livestock event that books Freedom Hall for most of November.

Having personally seen the Niners play in Freedom Hall, that storied building is actually nothing to write home about. It’s out in the middle of nowhere with nothing within walking distance as I recall. The new facility, like the Bobcats Arena in Charlotte, will be in downtown Louisville near hotels, restaurants, museums, etc.

[QUOTE=fsquid;216603]They have some huge livestock event that books Freedom Hall for most of November.[/QUOTE]
Livestock… the one thing that trumps b-ball in the state of Kentucky!