Youngsown Postgame

[QUOTE=Lutz4Life;371658]#44 was lighting us upā€¦ In the post game Bobby was talking about it but my radio was breaking out. I thought I heard Bobby say that he would have tightend up on #44 but he wanted to see if the guys could handle it on there own? Anyone catch that with a clear feed? (if 1660 has a clear feed)[/QUOTE]

You are correct L4L, thatā€™s what Lutz said. He said that if it was a close game he would have put a stop to it but wanted to see if the guys could do it by themselves and said he was a little disappointed that they couldnā€™t.

You are correct L4L, that's what Lutz said. He said that if it was a close game he would have put a stop to it but wanted to see if the guys could do it by themselves and said he was a little disappointed that they couldn't.
Teams seem to always rain 3s on us at the end of games... maybe Lutz should address that more.

Utterā€™s takeā€¦ [URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/college_hoops/story/429022.html][B][U]Perfect Harris powers 49ers in rout[/U][/B][/URL].

Dear Alumni/Visiting niner fans side:

Where were you today?!? I had to scream niners at the top of my lungs because there was no reply! I hope it was because you were stuffed out on one of this seasons greatest additions: Bojangles.

Anyway - I hope to hear you guys the 30th! Thanks for having great turnout for a winter break game, I know everyones really busy.

Oh yeah - and the team looked great today.

Negative: Phil Jones needs to break the bloody backboard already.

Agreed. I have to say, I absolutely hated the way it sounded with us saying FORTY and NINERS on the same side

After Leemireā€™s final game last season, we recognized that the 08-09 Niners would be a much more balanced team. Its finally turning out that way. We are no longer dependent on a single man to carry the team throughout the season. On any given night, any Niner can lead the team in scoring. This yearā€¦Mack, Ian, Harris, AnJuan, Coleman, and Coley have all managed to lead at least one game in scoring. This is amazing. If we can keep the momentum going, I really think this team will do something great this season.

luckily the league has a number of teams in the top 50 RPI so we can still have a respectable RPI by years end if we can play good basketball consistenly. Those teams are going to be much better than Youngstown state though of course.

I know weā€™re used to this from the Winston-Salem Journal, but I found it especially irritating.

The Akron Beacon Journal (near Youngstown) and the Winston-Salem Journal both ran the identical AP stories for the game. The only difference is that WSJ went through [B]each and every[/B] ā€œCharlotteā€ and changed it to ā€œUNC Charlotteā€ or ā€œUNCCā€ā€¦

[B][URL=http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/6-0&fp=494f1eb0070dbe74&ei=OjxPSajwLozK8ASK0LWRDw&url=http%3A//www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/dec/22/unc-charlotte-romps-100-80-extends-winning-streak-/&cid=1282240518&usg=AFQjCNGXoLRMhJqk-kTQnRuZ1DOcSkTxkA]WSJ: UNC Charlotte romps 100-80, extends winning streak to three[/URL][/B]
[B][URL=http://www.ohio.com/news/ap?articleID=1318442&c=y]Akron: Charlotte beats Youngstown State 100-80[/URL][/B]

Frankly, Iā€™ve had enough of this. The Charlotte AD should be contacting this arrogant joke of a paper and let them know what theyā€™re doing is petty and disrespectful. Enough is enough.

WOW GL, that IS ridiculous, I honestly canā€™t believe it. Someone from the AD should get in touch with the WSJ.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;371707]After Leemireā€™s final game last season, we recognized that the 08-09 Niners would be a much more balanced team. Its finally turning out that way. We are no longer dependent on a single man to carry the team throughout the season. On any given night, any Niner can lead the team in scoring. This yearā€¦Mack, Ian, Harris, AnJuan, Coleman, and Coley have all managed to lead at least one game in scoring. This is amazing. If we can keep the momentum going, I really think this team will do something great this season.[/QUOTE]

You left out Dijuan, who led this game in scoring.

Its 2:24am, so I forgive you. :smile:

Nah, read again he did say Harris :P.

WOW GL, that IS ridiculous, I honestly can't believe it. Someone from the AD should get in touch with the WSJ.

I sent a very long e-mail to Judy. Iā€™ll ask that you all do the same. Iā€™m sure she has to read crap like this all the time, and indeed, the WSJ in particular does this for every one of their articles. But this time it was really irritating.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;371715]Its 2:24am, so I forgive you. :smile:[/QUOTE]

lol, yea, I just woke up from a nap, still seeing things a little blurry :P.

I know we're used to this from the Winston-Salem Journal, but I found it especially irritating.

The Akron Beacon Journal (near Youngstown) and the Winston-Salem Journal both ran the identical AP stories for the game. The only difference is that WSJ went through each and every ā€œCharlotteā€ and changed it to ā€œUNC Charlotteā€ or ā€œUNCCā€ā€¦

WSJ: UNC Charlotte romps 100-80, extends winning streak to three
Akron: Charlotte beats Youngstown State 100-80

Frankly, Iā€™ve had enough of this. The Charlotte AD should be contacting this arrogant joke of a paper and let them know what theyā€™re doing is petty and disrespectful. Enough is enough.

At least they mentioned us. In the past they completely omitted our story after our: 1996 NCAA win over Georgetown, at least TWO (maybe more) of our huge wins over Cincy when they were top 10, one of our wins over Louisville, and other major wins for us (the examples I listed are the ones I remember). Back then, quite a few of us (not NNN posters) were calling them asking why, but we never received a decent response. It was not uncommon for them to REMOVE our story from the ā€œTop-25ā€ Roundup when we beat a ranked team.

Another Niner and myself knew 4 of their sports reporters in our early CUSA years, and two of them assured us our coverage in Charlotte would be no better. It seemed it all started as soon as we joined CUSA (thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying).

My one question has always been: Why did no one from the school actively persue better coverage from all the ā€œRegionalā€ newspapers?

After Leemire's final game last season, we recognized that the 08-09 Niners would be a much more balanced team. Its finally turning out that way. We are no longer dependent on a single man to carry the team throughout the season. On any given night, any Niner can lead the team in scoring. This year....Mack, Ian, Harris, AnJuan, Coleman, and Coley have all managed to lead at least one game in scoring. This is amazing. If we can keep the momentum going, I really think this team will do something great this season.
We just beat Youngstown State... not Villanova. :lol:

[QUOTE=eason49;371721]We just beat Youngstown Stateā€¦ not Villanova. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is true.

BUT

wait for it.

the average fan does

not

realize how good the Penguins really are.

to my knowledge, Coach didnā€™t say this yesterday, but it just seemed to fit here.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;371712]I know weā€™re used to this from the Winston-Salem Journal, but I found it especially irritating.
[/QUOTE]

That paper has already basically admitted it thinks its readership is stupid. If that paper just prints ā€œCharlotteā€ then it doesnā€™t think its readers could differentiate the Niners from the Bobcats from the Panthers, etc.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;371702]Dear Alumni/Visiting niner fans side:

Where were you today?!? I had to scream niners at the top of my lungs because there was no reply! I hope it was because you were stuffed out on one of this seasons greatest additions: Bojangles.

Anyway - I hope to hear you guys the 30th! Thanks for having great turnout for a winter break game, I know everyones really busy.

Oh yeah - and the team looked great today.

Negative: Phil Jones needs to break the bloody backboard already.[/QUOTE]

If I get a chance between now & the 30th, I will try to clone a few people for LIU. Do you have a particular number in mind that you want me to reach?

for the record, I did take twice as many people to the YSU game, when compared to the earlier games this year.

I will say for those that didn't see it - our worst defensive breakdowns were when Lutz started shuffling in guys who dont play often. Some of those lineups seemed to cause us confusion on defense. We really let #44 torch us in about a 3 minute stretch where we basically didnt pick him up on defense. If it weren't for him, we'd have buried these guys by 20.
Yeah whatever. Don't try and defend that offensive defensive effort. Our starters and regular rotations got plenty of minutes. That's one of the worst defensive efforts I've ever seen. Lutz made it a point to pull a couple of players out of the game and yell at them for missing assignments. I heard he wasn't impressed with them dropping a c-note on the Penguins.

We did however cover the spread.

:49ers: