3. Eddie Basden
  4. Rodney White
  5. Demarco Johnson

Bench

1. Demon Brown / Diego Guevara
  2. Plavich / Diego / JZ
  3. Galen Young / JZ
  4. Cam Stephens / Curtis Withers / Kenkay Jones
  5. Withers / Stephens / Wade Helliwell (just for the laughs it would provide)

This is tough if you ask me. I have so many favorites that it was difficult

PG - Carlos Williams SG - De'Angelo [B][I][U]Williams[/U][/I][/B] SF - Curtis Nash PF - David Booker C - Martin Iti

This is the team dreams are made ofā€¦

Sweet, do you think the Panthers would release him so he could play for us?
:biggrin:

Sweet, do you think the Panthers would release him so he could play for us? :biggrin:

Oops!! Sorry, that team would be too good. Maybe they could make a clone from Deā€™Angelo and Carlos. The superior handles of Carlos combined with the shooting prowess of Deā€™Angelo. A combination unstoppable by mortal smurfs alone.

niceā€¦:biggrin:

What about Chris Dwiggins???
Didnā€™t see him on anyoneā€™s listā€¦shame.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;275874]No love for T. Gardner?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Tremaine put the team squarely on his back in his last year.

Hereā€™s my all time Niner starting five with a ā€œgreen teamā€ to come off the bench. [I] Except for Kinch, I stuck[/I]
[I]with players at their actual positions instead of just 10 best overall. Kinch played mostly SG but [/I]
[I]could have played SF easily.[/I]

PG- Byron Dinkins (played point and shooting guardā€¦led 49ers to NCAA after 11 yr absence)
SG- Henry Williams (all-time leading scorer and best clutch performer)
C - Cedric Maxwell (all-around best player in Niner history)
SF - Chad Kinch (baseline dunk vs. #1 Michigan in 77 NCAA my favorite play ever)
PF - DeMarco Johnson (gets edge over Jarvis b/c Demarco led team to 3 NCAA trips to 2
for Jarvis)

PG- Diego Guevara (maybe 9ers most charismatic player ever)
SG- Jobey Thomas (I love Jobey, but Henry was just better)
C - Kelvin Price (shows how few good centers weā€™ve had)
SF- Eddie Basden (defensive stopperā€¦showed most improvement of any player over 4 yrs)
PF- Jarvis Lang (most prolific dunker)

It seems like Iā€™m going against a lot of people in this list, but I would much rather have Lee on my team than Demon. Not really even that close.

Although, sometimes we think that they are the same person and Demon has never really left the University. 8 years straight, baby.

hahaaha, Demon Jr.

When I think about whose team would win if they went head to head, I think Demon would have the advantage. They are similar players but I think Demon is just a little bit better in every category.

PG - Carlos Williams SG - De'Angelo Williams SF - Curtis Nash PF - David Booker C - Martin Iti

This is the team dreams are made ofā€¦

You totally missed Butter Johnson in that lineup

PG - Sean Colson
SG - Henry Williams
SF - Rodney White
PF - DeMarco Johnson
C - Cedric Maxwell

[QUOTE=charlieniner;276412]SF - Chad Kinch (baseline dunk vs. #1 Michigan in 77 NCAA my favorite play ever)
[/QUOTE]
Mine too. And after all these years there is not even a close second, including Diegoā€™s three ponter at the buzzer against the tarholes and Plavā€™s half court shot against IU. Maybe itā€™s because that play by Kinch solidified the win that sent us to the Final 4, but after over 30 years I can still visualize seeing Chad Kinch drive the baseline, hesitate because it looked like he had nowhere to go, and then go straight up and over All American Phil Hubbard for the dunk.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;276437]Mine too. And after all these years there is not even a close second, including Diegoā€™s three ponter at the buzzer against the tarholes and Plavā€™s half court shot against IU. Maybe itā€™s because that play by Kinch solidified the win that sent us to the Final 4, but after over 30 years I can still visualize seeing Chad Kinch drive the baseline, hesitate because it looked like he had nowhere to go, and then go straight up and over All American Phil Hubbard for the dunk.[/QUOTE]
Over40, total agreement on that one.

JEFF West...
I think he played for the Lakers.
Mine too. And after all these years there is not even a close second, including Diego's three ponter at the buzzer against the tarholes and Plav's half court shot against IU. Maybe it's because that play by Kinch solidified the win that sent us to the Final 4, but after over 30 years I can still visualize seeing Chad Kinch drive the baseline, hesitate because it looked like he had nowhere to go, and then go straight up and over All American Phil Hubbard for the dunk.

Sadly, of the three listed thatā€™s the only one Iā€™ve never seen. Iā€™ve heard so much about it, but descriptions can obviously do it no justice.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;275664]Good grief yes. Seriously, heā€™s our all-time scoring leader, and probably the best player thatā€™s ever suited up for us. I know Diego was well loved, but Henry was sooooo much better than him, and pretty much everyone else on that list.[/QUOTE]

It is easy to tell which posters did not see Henry Williams Play.

[QUOTE=J Felt;276541]Sadly, of the three listed thatā€™s the only one Iā€™ve never seen. Iā€™ve heard so much about it, but descriptions can obviously do it no justice.[/QUOTE]

the library has a tape of the game.