Your current playlist

[QUOTE=GtfoMyPorch;244487]And Pitchfork is a fantastic way to find out about new music.[/QUOTE]

i already said that. quit trying to steal my thunder

[QUOTE=Sideshow;244492]i already said that. quit trying to steal my thunder[/QUOTE]

I knew you said it, I was just emphasizing it, hence the lack of linking.

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;244465]
CCR-Spirit in the Sky
[/QUOTE]

That was Norman Greenbaum I think.

[QUOTE=danecookistheman;244456]angels and airwaves, OAR, and jack johnson=ultimate summer music

and jimmy buffett and bob marley are just prety much understood to be played during the summer[/QUOTE]

I got a bunch of Jack Johnson from my coworker in Cali. The guy is a pro/ex surfer too.

[QUOTE=GtfoMyPorch;244475]The only time Charlotte has good radio is on 106.5 sunday nights 7-8:30(New Music and Indie Label show), every other station sucks, except NPR. That is why I am glad I got Sirius, Left of Center ftw.[/QUOTE]

They can have my Left of Center when they pry it from my cold dead fingers…

LoC FTW!!

PS - Jake Fogelnest, like our beloved Jags, has a face for radio.

I forgot to mention Panda Bear’s new album Person Pitch, easily the best album this year and I doubt anything will top it.

Recently Added playlist on iTunes includes music from MxPx, Descendents, Less Than Jake, RHCP, DMB, Jack Johnson, and Plain White T’s. :]

Recently Added playlist on iTunes includes music from MxPx, Descendents, Less Than Jake, RHCP, DMB, Jack Johnson, and Plain White T's. :]

nice playlist. i used to own all of MxPx’s albums and then someone stole all my cd’s.

nice playlist. i used to own all of MxPx's albums and then someone stole all my cd's.

Ouch! That is terrible!

One of my good friends got me into MxPx/Descendents/ALL just over a year ago, and since then I’ve been rather obsessed.

Mandy Moore’s new CD, Wild Hope, which is amazing.

Ouch! That is terrible!

One of my good friends got me into MxPx/Descendents/ALL just over a year ago, and since then I’ve been rather obsessed.

yeah it really sucked pretty badly. i have gotten my collection back up since then i lost about 230 cd’s and now i have about 245 ish around there

[URL=http://www.mergerecords.com/gagagajuke/]Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga[/URL]

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;245090][URL=http://www.mergerecords.com/gagagajuke/]Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga[/URL][/QUOTE]

I need to listen to that again, nothing clicked with me at the time but I was cleaning while listening to it so I wasn’t paying much attention.

I have been listening to Battles’ cd Mirrored. The track Atlas could possibly be the best song I have heard this year, tough decision between that and Panda Bear’s Bros.

http://www.myspace.com/battlestheband

Think Sonic Youth’s poppier stuff…holy shit does this rule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H5YiSb_SiZc#!

Gonna start here…

2012′s winter releases brought us a disarming array of quality jams, and Spring is giving it a run for it’s money. We’ve assembled some of our most anticipated, jam-packed releases of Spring 2012, and put together a little mix. It’s all waiting for you after the skip.

Bear in Heaven
I Love You, It’s Cool

out 4/3
Brooklyn vets Bear in Heaven know a thing or two about perfectly put together, electro-charged indie rock, and it’s never been more obvious than on I Love You, It’s Cool. It’s an album full of highlights that will undoubtedly fill many mixtapes this spring. Preview: “Sinful Nature”
Willis Earl Beal
Acousmatic Scorcery

out 4/3
One-time X-Factor hopeful, Willis Earl Beal is making timeless music, or as a friend put it, music out of time. It’s almost hard to believe songs like “Evening’s Kiss” and “Take Me Away” were recorded in 2012; not because of Beal’s signature lo-fi grit, but because it’s just that good. Preview: “Take Me Away”
Jack White
Blunderbuss

out 4/24
It’s Jack White playing songs that sound like they very well might’ve been the lost White Stripes album that never was. Preview: “Sixteen Saltines”
Santigold
Master of My Make Believe

out 5/1
It’s been four long years since Santi White dazzled us with her versatility and singularity. Early singles indicate that she has not lost her edge or her hunger. Preview: “Disparate Youth”
Gossip
A Joyful Noise

out 5/22
On Gossip’s last album, 2009′s Music For Men, we saw frontwoman Beth Ditto go from post-punk powerhouse to shimmering dance-rock diva. It’s now three years later and Ditto isn’t letting up. We’re only hoping Ditto continues to lend her massive pipes to disco-leaning tracks like Joyful Noise first single “Perfect World.”
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Here

out 5/29
In 2010, “Home” became an overnight sensation and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros became music festival staples. Although not quite as famous or successful as their British contemporaries Mumfords & Sons, Edward Sharpe have had much success in making hearty folk music car commercial friendly accessible. Jokes aside, their music is often great to sing along to during the warmer months. We have little doubt that the band will deliver.
The Hives
Lex Hives

out June 5
It’s been five long years, but Sweden rockers, the Hives are back and have definitely lost nothing. When we first heard their comeback single, “Go Right Ahead,” we couldn’t take it off repeat. This bodes will for their upcoming fifth stunner Lex Hives.
Hot Chip
In Our Heads

out June 12
Hot Chip claim In Our Heads is their most ambitious and most effortless work yet. If you’re familiar with their sterling oeuvre, you can’t help but be excited for what the band have in store. It also bodes well that Hot Chip off-shoots The 2 Bears and New Build are churning out excellent cuts left-and-right. Preview: “Flutes”
Metric
Synthetica

out June 12
Everyone’s favorite Canadian four-piece are releasing Synthetica, the highly anticipated follow-up to 2010′s critically acclaimed Fantasies. We have yet to hear anything off the album, but if Moneyball taught us anything, it’s that all that matters is if a player gets on base, and Metric are very rarely not on base.

Well, this isn’t like my super awesome playlist or whatever, this is my “I looked at my itunes current playlist and listed the songs here” playlist. Current playlist:

1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Before the Dawn - Evanescence
83 - John Mayer
Hero - Regina Spektor
Back To You - John Mayer
Soco Amaretto Lime - Brand New
Starstruck - Lady Gaga
3x5 - John Mayer
I Like it Rough - Lady Gaga
St Patrick’s Day - John Mayer
Neon - John Mayer
Mountain Wins Again - Blues Traveler
Everything is Everything - Lauryn Hill
No Such Thing - John Mayer
Young Blood - Naked and the Famous
#212313 - Corrosion of Conformity
Not Myself - John Mayer
Annie Waits - Ben Folds Five

Obviously a sleepy/chill/calm playlist.

The last 10 songs played on itunes shuffle…

Jethro Tull - Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
Blind Pilot - One Red Thread
The Beatles- I’m Only Sleeping
Street Sweeper Social Club- Good Morning Mrs Smith
Edward Sharpe - 40 Day Dream
Mason Jennings - Nothing
Led Zeppelin - The Lemon Song
Sublime- Mary
Silversun Pickups- Wasted On
Coheed and Cambria - Wake Up