Your Observer questions answered ...

[QUOTE=Hooner49;365032]
argggggg!!! :cuss:[/QUOTE]

clt says for the one millionth time, that domain should be for the unc system not unc-ch. it just adds to the confusion.

[QUOTE=cltniners;365271]clt says for the one millionth time, that domain should be for the unc system not unc-ch. it just adds to the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Why do you care about the usages for the UNC name you want to drop from your own? That makes no sense to me.

clt says for the one millionth time, that domain should be for the unc system not unc-ch. [SIZE=7]it just adds to the confusion[/SIZE].
Why do you care about the usages for the UNC name you want to drop from your own? That makes no sense to me.

Aren’t you an editor? Doesn’t that involve reading? Did you not see what he typed? Now that makes no sense to me.

[QUOTE=Fordy-Ninersh;365278]Aren’t you an editor? Doesn’t that involve reading? Did you not see what he typed? Now [B][I]that [/I][/B]makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never been confused about the name thing.

mike. are you very much of a sports fan? or a newspaper person that fell into this position? some times it seems you would be happier as editor for the entertainment or fashion sections.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;365280]I’ve never been confused about the name thing.[/QUOTE]

clt says dont patronize me mike. if unc ch would go by the actual name of their university, we wouldn’t need a name change. as long as they are "unc’ we need a name change.

clt recommends you take a look at your diploma one day.

[QUOTE=cltniners;365292]clt says dont patronize me mike. if unc ch would go by the actual name of their university, we wouldn’t need a name change. as long as they are "unc’ we need a name change.

clt recommends you take a look at your diploma one day.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should call your athletic teams by the name of your university. That what you want? Or should we call them by the name most know them by, as we do North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, etc.?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;365304]Maybe we should call your athletic teams by the name of your university. That what you want? Or should we call them by the name most know them by, as we do North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, etc.?[/QUOTE]

clt says the truth will set you free Mike:

Today, UNC is a multi-campus university composed of all 16 of North Carolina’s public institutions that grant baccalaureate degrees, as well as the NC School of Science and Mathematics, the nation’s first public residential high school for gifted students.

Maybe we should call your athletic teams by the name of your university.
There's no need to Mike. The readers already know who's who.

They know unc-chapel hill is on the front page and Charlotte is on page 8 (wait… I think the black and white photo of the Clemson game was on page 16, or was it 14).

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;365304]Maybe [B]we should call [/B]your athletic teams by the name of your university. That what you want? Or should we call them by the name most know them by, as we do North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, etc.?[/QUOTE]

There you go with name calling and all. Need I say more "coming’ from where you’re from. . . .

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I guess you can’t help your bad self now could you? You know what they say. . . you can take someone out of the . . . “hole”. . . .:shades:

Mike,
I don’t know if other papers are doing it, or if its just the latest craze, but your writers doing these video blogs are silly. They all look uncomfortable and stiff in front of the camera…I watch them for comedic value than info.

case in point:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/420/index.html?media_id=2508875

[QUOTE=metro;369366]Mike,
I don’t know if other papers are doing it, or if its just the latest craze, but your writers doing these video blogs are silly. They all look uncomfortable and stiff in front of the camera…I watch them for comedic value than info.

case in point:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/420/index.html?media_id=2508875[/QUOTE]

Uncomfortable & stiff? OMG…David Scott…look alive, please. for the 1st 30-40 seconds, I thought it was Keith Richards next to Charles Chandler.

on a side note - I’m sick & tired of hearing about the damn nickname for the RBs. Its not this important. I’m happy with “DeAngelo and James” OR “Williams and Stewart”. There are actually stories of value in Charlotte area sports that are far more interesting than worrying about a damn nickname.

If you need help finding the stories Mike, I won’t charge you for the suggestions.

If you need help finding the stories Mike, I won't charge you for the suggestions.
You should charge him..... He sends me a monthly payment for all my suggestions to the O.

The Oberserver has 14 + pages? Since when?:lmao:

The Oberserver has 14 + pages? Since when?:lmao:
Well................. we used to spend a whole lotta time on page 14.......... even when we were ranked or getting votes.
clt says for the one millionth time, that domain should be for the unc system not unc-ch. it just adds to the confusion.
I like how when TNA and I got to the women's NCAA tourney soccer game at UNC and the lady taking our ticket said, "Welcome to the University of North Carolina" we were like 'Really?? The whole system?? Where's Elizabeth City State?' It cracked me up.
Maybe we should call your athletic teams by the name of your university. That what you want? Or should we call them by the name most know them by, as we do North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, etc.?

Mike, the point you seem to continually miss is that “Charlotte” is not a name that any other university can really “claim”. This is not the case with the “U of NC”. I can think of atleast 16 other campuses that could stake atleast a partial claim to!..Point being, if Chapel Hill would decide to call themselves the “Chapel Hill TarHeels” no one would have an argument as the last time I checked there were no other UNC-Systems campuses in Chapel Hill.

Oh geeze. Way to be obtuse. At this point in time our name is still UNCC. If UNC's website is unc.edu, it sounds like the whole system (UNC) is UNCCH and the school's with the "UNC" prefix are satellite campuses. When we get our name changed we will not be affected by this near as much, but until then we are. And for those schools still stuck with the UNC prefix, they will appear to be satellite campuses to the less informed so it is still not good.

Guys, Mike is just pulling your chain. He knows he’s wrong but I doubt we see any changes.

It was either a recent Bobcat or Panther game that they announced the scores of some games, and one of those teams was announced as “unc - chapel hill”.

Also from the Charlotte Biz Journal…

But the Charlotte Business Journal has learned the UNC System is not seeking funding for the school as expected in its current budget proposal…

The start of a Charlotte campus is part of a $450 million plan that also includes expansion of the UNC Chapel Hill and East Carolina University medical schools.