Your Observer questions answered ...

I don’t care much for the videos, but they are part of the job in the new world. We should get better at them over time. We’ll never be TV, though.

Sorry metro, you got buried in the silliness.

I really think this thread has run its course. Probably time for the mods to delete or unpin.

I really think this thread has run its course. Probably time for the mods to delete or unpin.
This thread should have never started in the first place unless you were going to answer all the questions. I haven't asked that many, but some of these posters have asked tons of questions that you accidentally overlooked.

BUT THE QUESTION I HAVE THAT YOU KEEP IGNORING IS WHEN IS THE OBSERVER GOING TO BASH THE IDEA OF CHAPEL HILL RAISING THEIR STUDENT FEES BY ALMOST $100 FOR ATHLETICS.

THIS IS ABOUT THE 10TH TIME IT’S BEEN ASKED, BOTH MY ME AND BY OTHERS… AND IN THIS THREAD AND OTHER THREADS.

Give a truthful answer, and you’ll be ok in my book Mike.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;369706]This thread should have never started in the first place unless you were going to answer all the questions. I haven’t asked that many, but some of these posters have asked tons of questions that you accidentally overlooked.

[B]BUT THE QUESTION I HAVE THAT YOU KEEP IGNORING IS WHEN IS THE OBSERVER GOING TO BASH THE IDEA OF CHAPEL HILL RAISING THEIR STUDENT FEES BY ALMOST $100 FOR ATHLETICS.[/B]

THIS IS ABOUT THE 10TH TIME IT’S BEEN ASKED, BOTH MY ME AND BY OTHERS… AND IN THIS THREAD AND OTHER THREADS.

Give a truthful answer, and you’ll be ok in my book Mike.[/QUOTE]

That would be up to the editorial department, which is separate from the newsroom. The editorial page editor is Taylor Batten, tbatten@charlotteobserer.com. Feel free to ask him, or Mary Schulken, who writes most editorials on higher ed.

I’m on record as saying $300 was too much of an increase on students at Charlotte, but that I’m OK with some increase and applaud Dubois for lowering the increase to an acceptable level for adding football.

That would be up to the editorial department, which is separate from the newsroom. The editorial page editor is Taylor Batten, [EMAIL=tbatten@charlotteobserer.com]tbatten@charlotteobserer.com[/EMAIL]. Feel free to ask him, or Mary Schulken, who writes most editorials on higher ed.

I’m on record as saying $300 was too much of an increase on students at Charlotte, but that I’m OK with some increase and applaud Dubois for lowering the increase to an acceptable level for adding football.

Thanks Mike.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;369705]I don’t care much for the videos, but they are part of the job in the new world. We should get better at them over time. We’ll never be TV, though.

Sorry metro, you got buried in the silliness.

I really think this thread has run its course. [B]Probably time for the mods to delete or unpin[/B].[/QUOTE]

What’s the matter Mike? You’re afraid even your “cool” kids are gonna start wondering about your “funny” answers?:tongue:

Why wasn’t the women’s game tomorrow against ranked Notre Dame on ESPNU listed in the “Sunday’s TV” section on 2C? You have a game for AZ St. vs. Nebraska at 1 and UConn vs. USC at 3, but not our game?

Why wasn't the women's game tomorrow against ranked Notre Dame on ESPNU listed in the "Sunday's TV" section on 2C? You have a game for AZ St. vs. Nebraska at 1 and UConn vs. USC at 3, but not our game?
Prepare yourself for the "[I]You guys sound like a broken record" [/I]response. :shades:

We used too have this problem for years with the men’s team. Even when we were on TV, people in Charlotte did not know about it. It used to be much worse than it is now.

Why wasn't the women's game tomorrow against ranked Notre Dame on ESPNU listed in the "Sunday's TV" section on 2C? You have a game for AZ St. vs. Nebraska at 1 and UConn vs. USC at 3, but not our game?
Hey Mike, what's up, buddy? I hope you didn't miss my question. I quoted it for you so maybe you can answer it now. Thanks bud! :smile:

[QUOTE=49or bust;378013]Hey Mike, what’s up, buddy? I hope you didn’t miss my question. I quoted it for you so maybe you can answer it now. Thanks bud! :smile:[/QUOTE]

We don’t list channels not widely available in Charlotte (either satellite-only channels or digital cable channels) because their penetration is less than 10 percent in the county. That means MASN, ESPNU, NFL Network, Tennis Network, etc., are not in the listings, because they would triple the size of the calendar but the vast majority can’t see them. We do, however, list games of local interest being on those channels in the capsules of those games or in other preview material. We did just that with the Charlotte-Notre Dame women’s game, mentioning the TV in the preview story Jim wrote.

We don't list channels not widely available in Charlotte................
Thanks Mike. You are the greatest.

Ignore 49orBust. He is a big troublemaker.

We don't list channels not widely available in Charlotte (either satellite-only channels or digital cable channels) because their penetration is less than 10 percent in the county. That means MASN, ESPNU, NFL Network, Tennis Network, etc., are not in the listings, because they would triple the size of the calendar but the vast majority can't see them. We do, however, list games of local interest being on those channels in the capsules of those games or in other preview material. We did just that with the Charlotte-Notre Dame women's game, mentioning the TV in the [B]preview story[/B] Jim wrote.

PREVIEW story???..I thought y’all didn’t do those.:huh:…Over…come in, Over…:shades:

PREVIEW story????....I thought y'all didn't do those.:huh:....Over.....come in, Over.......:shades:
You sound like a broken record.
You sound like a broken record.

I know…I know…I know…:smile:

Why is our basketball team so bad?

Thanks Mike. You are the greatest.

Ignore 49orBust. He is a big troublemaker.

I was just asking a simple question and it got answered. Now I know. Thanks, Mike. :biggrin:

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;378088]Thanks Mike. [B]You are the best . . .around[/B].
[/QUOTE]
Fixed .

You’ll like this . . . I guarontee!:biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzChi6-RwWU

“Todays Games: Carolinas teams in action” --> [URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/college_hoops/story/485861.html?mi_pluck_action=comment_submitted#Comments_Container]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/college_hoops/story/485861.html?mi_pluck_action=comment_submitted#Comments_Container[/URL]

Somehow the UMASS vs Charlotte game was left off…

moss, maybe it’s in the section with the briefs on Appalachian State at College of Charleston, , Gardner-Webb at Presbyterian, Maryland Eastern Shore at North Carolina Central, East Carolina at Houston and UNC Wilmington at Old Dominion.

Yep, games in the Carolinas. The 49ers are neither local or regional. :unhappy:

"Todays Games: Carolinas teams in action" --> [URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/college_hoops/story/485861.html?mi_pluck_action=comment_submitted#Comments_Container[/URL]

Somehow the UMASS vs Charlotte game was left off…

I hate to defend the Big O EVER!!!..but they had a full-blown “pre-game” story (Im not sure why----since they don’t do those, right Mike) on our game just above this section of games.

I hate to defend the Big O EVER!!!!.....but they had a full-blown "pre-game" story (Im not sure why----since they don't do those, right Mike) on our game just above this section of games.
Was this full-blown story in print too? I'm just asking. I would have bought an Observer if I had known we had a pre-game like Mike's alma mater always gets.