2011 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel

looks like Bruce Pearl will be joining this list.

And he would be a great fit at NC State.

And he would be a great fit at NC State.[/quote]

State has already had a coach that got them on extensive probation. Of course, they went after Calimari, so a coach with a history of NCAA violations must no longer be a dealbreaker for them.

Anderson staying at Mizzou.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6245054

State has already had a coach that got them on extensive probation. Of course, they went after Calimari, so a coach with a history of NCAA violations must no longer be a dealbreaker for them.[/quote]

The only difference between Pearl and the rest of the Division 1 basketball coaches was that he got caught. He had to push the envelope to win. They went to 3 Sweet 16s in his 6 years, more than in their previous history. If the worst thing the guy did was have a BBQ at his house then he is cleaner than 99% of the coaches out there. He promoted the program like no other coach and got new facilities. He is a good coach and will show up somewhere and win again.

I do think it is ironic that he followed Buzz Peterson (former ASU coach) and is being replaced in the interim by Houston Fancher (former ASU coach).

Pearl is just a sleaze, ask Illinois fans what they think of him.

I don’t think think he was “just having BBQs”. The investigation isn’t finished, and obviously what UT has been told is enough for them to say enough is enough.

I could see Greg Marshall going to Arkansas.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes UT to receive their sanctions. I doubt anyone would go coach there until the penalties have been set by the NCAA.

[quote=“2k, post:67, topic:25118”]I could see Greg Marshall going to Arkansas.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes UT to receive their sanctions. I doubt anyone would go coach there until the penalties have been set by the NCAA.[/quote]

Shaka Smart is a former assistant for Florida. May be a good fit.

State has already had a coach that got them on extensive probation. Of course, they went after Calimari, so a coach with a history of NCAA violations must no longer be a dealbreaker for them.[/quote]

The only difference between Pearl and the rest of the Division 1 basketball coaches was that he got caught. He had to push the envelope to win. They went to 3 Sweet 16s in his 6 years, more than in their previous history. If the worst thing the guy did was have a BBQ at his house then he is cleaner than 99% of the coaches out there. He promoted the program like no other coach and got new facilities. He is a good coach and will show up somewhere and win again.

I do think it is ironic that he followed Buzz Peterson (former ASU coach) and is being replaced in the interim by Houston Fancher (former ASU coach).[/quote]

You sound like a 17-year-old who just got caught doing something they shouldn’t have been doing. “But dad, everybody else is doing it”. Even if they were, which they all aren’t, it doesn’t make it right. Don’t cry that old song just because you got caught.

I do think it is ironic that he followed Buzz Peterson (former ASU coach) and is being replaced in the interim by Houston Fancher (former ASU coach).[/quote]

You sound like a 17-year-old who just got caught doing something they shouldn’t have been doing. “But dad, everybody else is doing it”. Even if they were, which they all aren’t, it doesn’t make it right. Don’t cry that old song just because you got caught.[/quote]

Every program has their ways of “doing business”.

Duke has their players’ families relocate to Durham.

UNC-CH boosters get their players’ parents jobs.

Charlotte takes players on golf cart rides around campus.

This stuff happens everywhere.

Have you seen that golf cart though? It’s pretty dope.

The green glow gets 'em every time.

You sound like a 17-year-old who just got caught doing something they shouldn’t have been doing. “But dad, everybody else is doing it”. Even if they were, which they all aren’t, it doesn’t make it right. Don’t cry that old song just because you got caught.[/quote]

Somebody’s ass could get whupped over this!

It was a minor infraction that he made worse by lying about it. UT is so confident in this case that they just paid a coach, WHO DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT, $978,000. And if my dad was doing stuff that was far worse than me then yes I would scream foul. The fact that the NCAA says anyone is guilty of unethical conduct is a joke.

It was a minor infraction that he made worse by lying about it. UT is so confident in this case that they just paid a coach, WHO DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT, $978,000. And if my dad was doing stuff that was far worse than me then yes I would scream foul. The fact that the NCAA says anyone is guilty of unethical conduct is a joke.[/quote]

The cops are sometimes crooked themselves, but it doesn’t mean that they should not try to continue enforcing the law. Pearl was found to have had recruits not on official visits over to his house while at UT, and while at Milwaukee. He had a history of breaking the rules, and lying about it to the NCAA and his bosses. It’s not a one-occasion deal as you are making it out to be. He committed the infractions on several occasions, and that’s just the ones he’s been caught at. All of this is very funny when you consider Pearl was the Assistant Coach at Iowa who wrote a detailed memo to the NCAA accusing Illinois of recruiting violations and got them investigated by the NCAA for the recruitment of Deon Thomas.

http://underscorebleach.net/jotsheet/supplementary/bruce_pearl_ncaa_memo.html

It was a minor infraction that he made worse by lying about it. UT is so confident in this case that they just paid a coach, WHO DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT, $978,000. And if my dad was doing stuff that was far worse than me then yes I would scream foul. The fact that the NCAA says anyone is guilty of unethical conduct is a joke.[/quote]

The cops are sometimes crooked themselves, but it doesn’t mean that they should not try to continue enforcing the law. Pearl was found to have had recruits not on official visits over to his house while at UT, and while at Milwaukee. He had a history of breaking the rules, and lying about it to the NCAA and his bosses. It’s not a one-occasion deal as you are making it out to be. He committed the infractions on several occasions, and that’s just the ones he’s been caught at. All of this is very funny when you consider Pearl was the Assistant Coach at Iowa who wrote a detailed memo to the NCAA accusing Illinois of recruiting violations and got them investigated by the NCAA for the recruitment of Deon Thomas.

http://underscorebleach.net/jotsheet/supplementary/bruce_pearl_ncaa_memo.html[/quote]

I dont remember saying the NCAA should not try to enforce the rules. I wasn’t aware he had been found guilty of violations at Milmaukee as well.

You keep on and I’ll be up there as soon as my brother gets off.

RT @SteveHartnett92: Ed Cooley has reached an agreement to become the new Head Basketball Coach at Providence.

UT paid Pearl a $978K buyout when he didn’t have a contract in place? WTF? I thought he got nothing. UT is just stupid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6249515

So now ESPN says Anderson to Arkansas.

I hate ESPN, they will report anything regardless of the source.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:78, topic:25118”]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6249515

I hate ESPN, they will report anything regardless of the source.[/quote]
I would love for Melvin Watkins to at least get considered for the Mizzou job.

[quote=“UNCCTF, post:79, topic:25118”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:78, topic:25118”]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6249515

I hate ESPN, they will report anything regardless of the source.[/quote]
I would love for Melvin Watkins to at least get considered for the Mizzou job.[/quote]

Me too, however I think it would be difficult for the fans to support his hire due to his terrible record at Texas A&M.