2019 Spring Practice Thread

Pretty sure that isn’t this staff’s mentality. Creating a fun environment is part of a winning culture. Show that negative energy to the door.

Over the past year we’ve pretty much gotten everything we’ve wanted, new AD, new MBB coach, and new FB coach. Time to get on board or take a seat on the bench.

I swear Judy gave some of you guys Stockholm Syndrome.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. We need people to get on board with money and season tickets. We are part of the problem currently and can be the solution.

Yeah, if our guys play as hyped as advertised, that’s going to rile some other teams. When we get a random second quarter pick and our bench explodes like we just won a bowl game, we’re going to make enemies in a hurry. If nothing else, this energy will be fun to watch.

2 Likes

Ahh… What a concept, making enemies. One of the best ways to make sports fun is to have rivals and people that hate you. We either need to make that happen or change something. We need to be that little guy with a chip on our shoulder again.

I get all this. Still say winning will be THE key. I saw odu’s guys dancing all over the field, on the sidelines all during our win over them last season. Glad they had all that positive energy demonstration going for them . Much gladder we got the win. Bet they would rather have gotten the win.

That Wive’s Sisterhood article is a great read. Anyone here that is married can probably tell you what a difference this can make in a coach’s life. I bet when an assistant coach looks at a lateral position move, but to a bigger program, his wife may get the deciding vote, and staying here with an environment that supports the family could be key.

3 Likes

Healy could suck as a coach, but he is winning at life.

1 Like

clt cannot thank ecu enough

3 Likes
1 Like

Great read and loved going to practice last week. Hoping to get back out there Saturday if I can.

Look forward to Saturday practice again since I will miss the green white game this year.

You should come out and tailgate with us since you’re missing the Green White game.

Glad I got to make it out Saturday. The energy surrounding practices is a complete 180 from Lambert’s. Can’t wait to see how this translate to in-game performance.

Here is a little tidbit that needs to be passed on. A group of us were talking down by the fieldhouse when Mike Hill walked up. @ImfromClayton asked what was the biggest thing we as supporters could do to help out? Mike’s response was “show up” and “bring a friend, the program needs more than the same familiar faces.”

It’s time folks, we’ve bitched our way to everything we wanted and the in-person hardcore support is needed. I know life is busy but those 6 Saturday’s every fall need to become a “must be there” for every Niner.

3 Likes

I am going this Saturday and plan on buying Season tickets for this season. 3 hours each way won’t be convenient but I am hoping it will be fun. Only other year I had season tickets we won 1 game.

2 Likes

Does this mean we can blame a bad season on you instead of Healy? :smiley:

You can try if it makes you feel better.

Spring Prospectus is up.

2 Likes