2020-21 C-USA Basketball

C-USA Players of the Week - Jan 18th

Congrats to Jada after leading the women in a sweep at UAB! :clap:

EsCMhT_XYAcrzJ8

WBB POTW: Jada McMillian, Charlotte

MBB POTW: Charles Bassey, WKU (5th award)

MBB FOTW: Jaron Pierre Jr., Southern Miss (3rd award)

https://mobile.twitter.com/collegeinsider/status/1351228445729165313

From the WKU AD:

Bassey #10 on this Andy Katz list:

C-USA Players of the Week - Jan 25th

Co-POTW: Charles Bassey, WKU (6th award)

Co-POTW: Tavin Lovan, UAB

FOTW: Kenneth Lofton Jr., LA Tech (4th award)

Conference standings after week four - WKU (6-2) and ODU (4-2) head the East division, while UAB (5-1) and North Texas (3-1) sit atop the West Division, followed by LA Tech (5-3).

https://conferenceusa.com/standings.aspx?standings=101

1 Like

THIRD time for Jahmir :pick::pick::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::pick::pick:

6 Likes

C-USA Players of the Week - Feb 1st

EtKhtrQXIAImJes

POTW: JAHMIR YOUNG, CHARLOTTE (3rd award)

FOTW: Kenneth Lofton Jr., LA Tech (5th award)

In the current conference standings, WKU (6-2) leads C-USA East, followed by Charlotte (5-3) and ODU (4-2). UAB (7-1) tops C-USA West, with LA Tech (7-3) and North Texas (5-1) next in line.

2 Likes

I’m a little surprised he hasn’t had a double double until now. Looking back at his past 1.5 seasons, 8 rebounds was his previous best and 7 assists is his best. With him leading the team in rebounds a lot of games I guess I assumed he hit double digits.

Bassey probably going to be C-USA 2021 POY, but can’t see Young any less than first team this season.

With the former most certainly off to the pros after this year, would think Young will be one of the favorites for conference 2022 POY.

UAB played one of the easiest non-conference schedules in the country and their CUSA schedule was mostly front loaded with easy teams. They are heavily overrated.

1 Like

They held us to a record low and a pitiful display of basketball. I dont think we have room to call anyone overrated.

We also beat them the next night, so either we had an off night or they went 1-1 with a shit team.

1 Like

Setting a record for offensive futility is more than an off night. Either way - I don’t feel like we have the right to call out any other programs given how we have played. If we can curb stomp MTSU back to back we can start chatter a bit.

1 Like

FWIW, UAB beat writer Joseph Goodman did point out the weakness in the Blazers’ schedule, especially since they lost their only shot at a Q1 when the game with GT was cancelled.

Just thought it was interesting to catch up with AK and how he’s dealing with COVID-19 protocols etc in his return to his alma mater.

What did surprise me is that UAB is the top defensive team in C-USA. Thought that was supposed to be us! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

C-USA Players of the Week - Feb 8th

POTW: Quincy Olivari, Rice

FOTW: Kenneth Lofton Jr., LA Tech (6th award)

In the current conference standings, WKU (6-2) leads C-USA East, followed by ODU (5-3), and Charlotte (5-5). UAB (9-1) tops C-USA West, with LA Tech (8-4) and North Texas (6-2) next in line.

https://conferenceusa.com/standings.aspx?standings=101

Here’s the list of all rescheduled games:

C-USA Players of the Week - Feb 15th

Congrats to the women’s team as senior Octavia Jett-Wilson is named co-POTW and frosh Molina Williams garners FOTW! :clap:

MBB POTW: Jhivvan Jackson, UTSA

MBB FOTW: Kenneth Lofton Jr., LA Tech (7th award)

In the MBB conference standings, WKU (8-2) still leads C-USA East, followed by ODU (7-3), and Marshall (6-4). North Texas (8-2) supplants UAB (9-3) in C-USA West, with LA Tech (10-4) first to get to double digit wins in league play.

1 Like