2021-22 MBB - Charlotte @ Valpo, 12/11 1:00 PM ESPN+

You are at the point of needing medication. Please seek help LOL

1 Like

Missed the game due to daughters having an exhibition.

It was mentioned twice already, but amazes me the Niners have not outscored an opponent in the 2nd half through 9 games. This statistic is the biggest concern for me. Cannot imagine we can win a lot more games with losing the 2nd half all the time.

2nd Half Record last 4 seasons:
20-21: 12-13
19-20: 13-14-2
18-19: 14-14-1
17-18: 9-19-1

1 Like

Ninerintheheartofacc needs to take a break from sports. He is seriously in need of help.

I donā€™t disagree that I should delete the Charlotte 49er and ESPN app, as well as shut down the NinerNation Forum as football and basketball is driving me crazy. Maybe I will do just that. My wife may also agree that I need help. We shall see what my psychiatrist says next week

When you start hoping for losses for a hardworking team to get an a coach you disagree with, you know you have crossed the line of reasonableness

Not sure I agree with you there, but we all have opinions and I can respect yours. Are you telling me that if your NFL team hadnā€™t won a game all season and had a chance to get rid of their coach and get a first round draft pick if they lost every game that you would be hoping for them to win the last game of the season. If not, then your logic is a bit skewed, but I again respect your opinion

Are you saying you have no respect for our players and their feelings. Iā€™m sure they hurt when they lose. They are trying as hard as they can under difficult circumstances and deserve to win. No matter what I feel about the coach I am proud of our team and their effort and you should be too

4 Likes

Of course I want nothing but success for the players but they are also not being treated with respect from their coaching staff based on the results to date and that they get blamed by the coaches for the lack of success. Show me the coaching staff that give the players the respect they deserve and I will in turn show respect for the coaching staff. This is one of the most talented players we have had in a long time and the best we can hope for is to squeak one out against very bad teams

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1469765279827779586

Isnā€™t this basically how the NBA is ā€œcalledā€ (or not called as the case were)? The few games I have watched in recent years, you pretty much have to buy a ticket and show your passport to get a travelling call.

1 Like

This.

We won today because we shot the ball ridiculously well and built up just enough of a halftime lead. That was a nice effort, but thatā€™s simply way too hard to reproduce on a game to game basis. Unless we start playing some defense in the 2nd half (at least) I cannot see us winning many games the rest of the way. I just donā€™t believe any team can maintain a hot streak like that on offense.

Been there, done that. Good news is that they are good seats. And he will sit down and talk all you want. About anything

Great to know. Will definitely reach out to him when I can get over to Charlotte for a game.

To your point, our average 1st half margin is +2.3 (118) and 2nd half margin is -7.1 (320).

Can you please ask him why any of the football defensive staff still have jobsā€¦ Iā€™m more shocked about that than anything that has happened with basketball this year.

Oh and to @hky49er I donā€™t think any of us on this board ā€œhave no respect for our playersā€ this is college sports, the players (who are pretty much kids) get a lot more leeway than the coach who is making close to a million dollars a year and doesnā€™t care if we stink and loves throwing said players under the bus anytime he canā€¦

I used to give players way more leeway but with the portal and cost of attendance money and NILs the player are just a small step away from being pros so I treat them a bit more like pros these days.

I canā€™t root for losses but I can see the silver lining in them.

Yeah I agree. I think the reason most of us want a new coach is out of respect for the players. There is too much talent on this roster to be this mediocre. They deserve a coach who can help them reach their potential.

I know we won this game, but are there others out there, like me, who feel like we lost it? Itā€™s weird.

3 Likes

Itā€™s because the planets had to align for the win. Our shooting performance would be difficult to replicate.

And because we were outscored in the 2nd half, yet again.

That last part especially never feels like a W.

1 Like

At this point, barely pulling out wins against bad opponents only helps keep Sanchez here. The guy is in his fourth season and looks as clueless as ever. You want to keep watching this trash and stay where we are, then sure, cheer for us to get just enough wins for Hill to justify keeping Sanchez. Sanchez isnā€™t it. He will never be it. Iā€™ve never been more disgusted with hoops than I have been now, and it has nothing to do with the players. They deserve better.

3 Likes