2021-22 MBB - WCU @ Charlotte, 12/22 5:00 PM CUSA.tv

We really shot the ball well. Every time Western made a little run we answered, usually with a timely 3.

We beat a bad team. If we win the next two in a row Iā€™ll be open to having a discussion about our future. Right now at 7-5 against a schedule softer than a koosh ball, Iā€™ll refrain.

1 Like

Why was Madison Bailey there? Are you sure? But, why?

Weā€™ve played three teams in the top 50 of the NET - #34 Wake, #44 Davidson, and #48 Monmouth - and five in the top 100 - #83 Toledo and #89 Arkansas - so not all Nerf ball.

4 Likes

I have three words to respond to that. Western Carolina University.

Yes and we almost put 100 on them. Whatā€™s your point? Are you suggesting we shouldā€™ve scored 150ā€¦200? Nothing satisfies people that only see negatives in a good win smh lol

3 Likes

Prob with her gf, former Charlotte player, Mariah Linney

This board needs to be angry. It is the way

My Grandma always said, ā€œif you look for the bad all the time, you will find it and if you look for the good all the time you will find it. Now which one is the better pursuit?ā€
A lot of folks on here only look for the bad

My View given I actually went to the game:

Handily beat an inferior team

Shot the ball really well due to solid ball movement

19 assists

Musa and Folkes got integrated more and played well

Half time adjustments spot on

Our ā€œsmall ballā€ in second half hard to guard

Braswell and Butler keep getting better and more confident every game

Young had a quiet but effective 20

Time to sit back, root this team on, see a lot of the good that is happening and letā€™s see where this team ends up.

Go Niners!!!

11 Likes

Dates a girl that used to play for our womens basketball team

Ok. I saw she is from NC , etc. Thanks.

150 in the new NET rankings. Can we make it to the Top 100 by the end of the year?

1 Like

IMHO, The things that I have observed and feel:

1. In the last two games coach has : (a) Let the team run rather than running down the play clock, (b) Utilized his players such that they are showing the ability and strength, and (c) Made adjustments after halftime.
  2. Coach still does not know: (a) When to take a timeout and (b) Crash the boards and follow up offensive shots.
    Overall there has been an improvement and hopefully can carry over into conference play.
  3. Coach APPEARS to be changing his approach to games based on last couple games (hopefully). Donā€™t know what happened in the locker room at half time of the Wake game and seems to have carried over into the WCU game but I like it.
  4. I am still anti Sanchez but he has given me some hope of what this team is capable of doing. Has he turned things, hopefully so, as I really would love to see him have success here
1 Like

Guess we will see when Sanchezā€™s crew has to play some decent teams in conference. Iā€™m still quite worried and think he is clueless as to how they are having the success they are. It certainly isnā€™t because of our stellar, #301 ranked defense, even though thatā€™s still mostly all Sanchez talks about.

Said Sanchez: ā€œI was hired to bring what Virginia had. ā€¦Iā€™d be doing a disservice if I didnā€™t provide that. If they wanted something else, they would have gone to a different school.ā€

Thatā€™s from when Sanchez was hired. Heā€™s absolutely failed on that front. I continue to worry that we are going to do just well enough with a roster full of one-year players to keep him and that we fall flat on our face next year. Winning these games is because of players making things happen, absolutely NOT because we are successfully executing our coaches game philosophy. We have won the last few games in spite of our coaching philosophy, not because of it. I donā€™t know how anyone can look at that and not be scared.

Iā€™m fine giving up 80 pts if we score 90 pts. Those top 4 players were all ON yesterday. We need 3 of the 4 to be ON to beat better teams.

And Continue to get Braswell open looks.

1 Like

Canā€™t say we will keep all of these players but we have a good core coming back. Jahmir, Aly, Rob, Musa, Brice, Jackson, Isaiah and Jared.

I will be surprised if they all stay, but there is potential for a quality team next year with who we have returning.

Jallow has more than 1 year of eligibility left?

Didnā€™t realize that. Thought he was a 1 year loaner.

Jallow has 2yrs of eligibility.

2 Likes

Not sure Iā€™d currently include these players as being a good core: Threadgill, Folkes, Garcia

Young
Brice Williams
Musa Jallow
Braswell
Khalifa

Thatā€™s not a bad starting 5. Hopefully Sanchez can get a couple transfers with a lot of experience to replace Trapp and Butler. Sanchez needs to figure out a suitable backup for Khalifa besides Vasic.

1 Like