2022-2023 Baseball offseason thread

It sounds like today is the last day for the old scoreboard…

4 Likes

Been there…Done that. Watched a phenomenal Barry Shifflett play there for a few years

2 Likes

Top of the new video board.

2 Likes

I was in school while Barry Shifflett was playing every position on the field to try to find a way to the majors. He could hit better than anyone I ever saw in person.

1 Like

Shifflett’s hands would bleed till they calloused up from taking so much batting practice. He was a hitting machine.

1 Like
1 Like

Removal has begun. It should be gone by the end of the day.

3 Likes

Niners are 37th.

Teams on the 2023 schedule:

15 UNC
16 VT
17 ECU
31 SC
36 UTSA
37 CLT
40 Clemson
42 ODU
43 LaTech
49 DBU

2 Likes

clt says UNC CHeat is overrated

1 Like

https://twitter.com/rwoodardCLT/status/1613648292792999936?s=20&t=QdmatcZaFL8b8wFOe3xMtw

2 Likes

big brother lol GIF by Global TV

37 is nice…but WRONG !

1 Like

Here are the attendance numbers from last year for games at the Hayes:

We really need to build on this and get up to averaging over 1000 on campus. We did have 2023 in a rainy uptown game and 1686 for our game in Kannapolis but those don’t count towards our average at home.

I looked at some numbers and determined that we were 4th in C-USA last year for average attendance.

SOUTHERN MISS 4771
LATECH 2347
RICE 1871
CHARLOTTE 731

USM was 11th in the NCAA.

ECU averaged 3260 and was ranked 23rd in the NCAA.

I know at one point in 2013 we were Top 50 in NCAA in attendance.

I agree, but like our other sports, causal fans in Charlotte like ranked teams.

If Coach get this squad ranked, I think it’s doable.

1 Like

I think our fanbase is big enough to have 1000 season ticket holders.

The lower level has 550 seats and they were sold out for years. Those need to be sold out every game. We should never have opposing teams fans sitting in our lower level.

450 GA season tickets upstairs shouldn’t be a hard sell, especially for $75 for a season ticket.

We host Chapel Hill on campus this year, and I really hope to not see the place overrun with baby blue. ECU could be here for a weekend once we join the AAC. I really don’t want ot see them overun our stadium again like they did in 2020.

5 Likes

clt says we need to sell burgers and hot dogs at the games

And burritos.

2 Likes

Mr B says they have all of that and even Bojangles Supremes.

They serve beer and wine as well, but unfortunately no Zima’s for clt. Maybe you will settle for a Truly?