2022-2023 Baseball offseason thread

Serious question:

Besides winning, what could be done to get us averaging over 1000 at the Hayes for the season??

Bigger push for student attendance.

6 Likes

clt needs to upgrade from the outfield seats. Nothing but beer and peanuts there

I’d create a competition among dorms, frats, and sororities. As students check in at the gate, record their affiliation. The dorm, frat, and sorority that bring the most students to home games (including pro parks) during the regular season, get a motor coach to to our regional if it’s away. If we host, they get a catered tailgate. I’d do the same thing for the super-regional if we win the regional.

By the way, we’ve been ranked at some point in each of the past 2 seasons, having won 39 and 36 of 56 games in each of those two seasons, respectively.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

The frats and soroities were pretty univolved during my time at Charlotte13’-17’, it would be intresting to see what it takes to get them involved. I think one of the biggest issues was the school had a bad relationship with them. The current student leaders are killing it getting kids out to games for Football and Basketball. Can’t wait to see what they can do with a new confrence and some sustained success.

Remember all those hot girls dancing on the dugouts in K-town last year? That might help.

I thought I saw you dancing on the dugout. Maybe I’m mistaken. :eyes:

1 Like

I’m happy to see Coach Hibbs get this opportunity. I wish it was under better circumstances. Definitely will be following along.

3 Likes

Ask Poggi

3 Likes

D1 Baseball Preseason Top 25 is out. Niners are not ranked.

Niners opponents ranked:

11 ECU
12 UNC-CH
14 VT
23 SC

1 Like

Preseason polls give the ones publishing them something to write about when half the teams ranked in the preseason fail to live up to expectations…along with the ones who weren’t ranked who bust the door down playing their way in. If we win consistently against the upcoming schedule, top 25 rankings will come.

1 Like

All these polls are just for fans like us to brag, argue, and debate about!!

I imagine it is only getting tougher to rank these teams, especially now with the portal. Teams can change rapidly.

1 Like

That’s absolutely true, but preseason polls remain based principally upon a team’s performance in the prior season and the players returning to it. D1Baseball.com does the best job of anyone scouting fall practices and reporting on them, but they’re still a bit hamstrung when it comes to knowing how the new pieces are going to fit into the returning group.

Doesn’t matter where you start, its where you finish :call_me_hand:

1 Like
2 Likes