2022-2023 Baseball offseason thread

Whaata Coach!

“We are thrilled to announce one of the most challenging schedules in our program’s history,” Woodard said. "Amidst our final season in a rigorous C-USA schedule before heading to the American Athletic Conference in 2024, we have worked hard to build a non-conference schedule that positions us to go where we want to go as a program.

FIRST MEETING WITH ARMY
Following the first midweek game of the season at Clemson on Feb. 21, the 49ers return to Hayes Stadium to host the only first-time opponent on the schedule - Army - over the weekend of Feb. 24-26. The Black Knights will be the first service academy the 49ers have played in program history.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Week 3 on the road at nationally ranked VT. This is going to be a big weekend. Here is a preview of the Hokies.

3 Likes

Today is the last day to renew season tickets.

Buy Season Tickets (starting at $75):

https://charlotte49ers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BSBSEASON&linkID=uncc-athletics&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Buy 10 Game Ticket Vouchers ($40):

https://charlotte49ers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BSBFLEX&linkID=uncc-athletics&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

2 Likes
1 Like

3 49er opponents ranked by BA.

2 Likes

We had the pleasure of meeting the great Barry Shifflett at the softball event on Friday night!!

3 Likes

This is a freaking high kick!

Anyone know when new season tix holders will be able to pick their seats?

The deadline to renew tickets was last Friday, so I’d guess they know what seats are available now. Give the ticket office a call.

1 Like
2 Likes

Welcome aboard! We’d love to have you out to tailgate on Saturdays. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Perfect Game has named Jake Cunningham as the Preseason C-USA Player of the Year. Jake and Collin Kramer on their All-Conference Team.

3 Likes

Wow, LaTech with 5 on the preseason all-conference team.

I wouldn’t trade our group. Will be interesting to see but from what we have returning, I think we have 6 of 8 positions fairly set. I guess one OF and one IF spot sorta up for grabs. But figure Jackson may have the inside lead for OF spot and maybe Suarez the IF spot. Who ends up exactly where is in question too I think for IF spots (outside 1st).

2 Likes

You are right. We pretty much have 7 guys returning to the line-up from last year since Blake Jackson was starting before he got injured last year. Just need to figure out a couple of positions.

Hopson- C
Cunningham - CF
Fisher - RF
Dragum - SS
Knight- 2B/3B
Butcher - LF/ 1B/ DH
Blake Jackson - LF/ DH

That leaves 2 spots, and depending on who plays where we could have openings on the corners or at 2B. Incoming guys that have been working out on the corners are Stahlman, Weisner, and Nolan. Suarez also filled in last season at 3B & 2B. There’s plenty of firepower in the lineup so I’m guessing the staff will go with the lineup that helps us most defensively.

3 Likes
1 Like

Any updates on the progress of the new scoreboard

5 Likes

Gotta hope the injury bug stays away, but the season seems promising.

2 Likes