2022-2023 Baseball offseason thread

This lineup really helps with my Big Maple withdrawals. I am looking forward to Knight returning as our best hitter and Butcher flattening baseballs. Anyone new of note at catcher?

Hopson- C
Cunningham - CF
Fisher - RF
Dragum - SS
Knight- 2B/3B
Butcher - LF/ 1B/ DH
Blake Jackson - LF/ DH

Overall, I think we are very solid and deep behind the plate. I’m very comfortable with all 3 since they’ve been in the system for a full season+.

Huck Wathan and Drew Tyndall were both Freshman last year and now have an entire season under their belt. Tyndall is a switch hitter, so very beneficial with any match-up. Huck is a righty bat with some pop.

Hopson had a healthy fall this season, so he’s going to hit the ground running. Hoping he can build on his year from last year. He had a slow start since he missed the fall with a broken hand last year.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Broken hand has to be a difficult and long recovery for a catcher. Nice to have 3 experienced catchers available.

1 Like
3 Likes

Hopefully Hopson or whoever is behind the plate can cut down on the number of steals the opposition put on us last year. Didn’t realize Hopson was dealing with a healing hand last year.

1 Like
1 Like

scrimmage today at the Hayes at 1:30 pm

2 Likes

What ???

1 Like

SCRIMMAGES - This weekend. - Open to public -

Friday, January 27 - 1:30pm - prior to First Pitch Dinner
Saturday, January 28 - 1:00pm
Sunday, January 29 - 1:00pm

#9ATC | #GoldStandard

1 Like

clt loves the niners to win today

1 Like
2 Likes

Great time at the First Pitch Dinner last night. Here are a few pics.

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Lots of sad news from yesterday in Niner Nation. Coach Simmons’ father passed away yesterday. Prayers to the Simmons family.

Cancer Sucks.

6 Likes
1 Like

https://twitter.com/diamond9errpt/status/1619712001013592066?s=46&t=D0Gj2cb-UG_GEPbyUvkGNw

8 Likes

Thank you for the update. Starting to look like a first class facility.

Happy Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon