2022-2023 Baseball offseason thread

Is that story really saying Woodard was a candidate to leave us and take the pitching coaches job at LSU?

1 Like

And likely double his salary

1 Like

More money for less responsibility is the American dream.

This is what happens when you employ people that are in demand. LSU contacted him. He listened. He was made an extremely competitive offer. The offer was turned down.

9 Likes

Austin Knight is now up in the Cape with Orleans.

We’ve updated our Summer Ball page:

2 Likes

I get that, but he came here after being a pitching coach at CH. I assume he was making good money there too.

Not for everyone…especially not the less responsibility part.

LSU’s new pitching coach makes more than CH’s head coach. But neither of them make as much as Godwin at ECU.

Interesting-----I would have guessed the Mighty Heels paid at least close to what LSU did.

The SEC is outspending everyone. No surprise there.

Interesting that LSU initially offered job to Woodard over Johnson given the latter’s previous SEC experience and success at the MLB level. Guess our guy aced the interview part before deciding to stay in the QC.

Sounds like we dodged a bullet.

I’m thankful that Coach Woodard is here and has very high aspirations for our baseball program.

We need to do our best to support this program by buying tickets, showing up, joining the GS Club etc. More revenue will help us keep up with our conference peers and teams in the state that we are recruiting against.

6 Likes

Baseball[edit]

Baseball has also experienced a resurgence at Charlotte, with the 2007 team posting a school-record 49 wins under coach Loren Hibbs and winning two games over N.C. State in the NCAA Tournament. Baseball alums with Major League experience include Chris Haney (Kansas City Royals), John Maine (New York Mets), Jason Stanford (Cleveland Indians). Fieldin Culbreth is an MLB umpire who worked the 2008 World Series. Other notable baseball alums include minor leaguers Adam Mills and Spencer Steedley. Mills was a finalist in 2007 for the Roger Clemens Award. He is currently in the Boston Red Sox system, while Steedley is in the Minnesota Twins system.

clt says we need to update our Wikipedia.

Today is the last day that players can enter the portal and be eligible for next season. Keep our fingers crossed we don’t get any surprises.

The next hurdle will be the draft on July 17-19. We will lose some guys to the draft but not sure how many.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CPLBaseball/status/1542723956263747584?s=20&t=R_YqnBYlHaRf60oHfw4czA

https://twitter.com/ForestCityOwls/status/1542666452087586818?s=20&t=R_YqnBYlHaRf60oHfw4czA

5 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

Cam Fisher to the Cape League.

3 Likes