2022-23 Niner Basketball šŸ€

Iā€™ll try to be positive and agree with the possibility that Sanchez is waiting out some players, but has already told a few options that we arenā€™t interested anymore.

Another seemingly risky strategy, but then again, we donā€™t know what their recruiting ā€œboardā€ looks like. As long as they have A, B & C options at each position, we are probably okay.

Still, would be nice to see some dominoes start to fall. Itā€™s one thing to not be top of the food chain, but another to have to wait for so many other schools to pull the trigger. We need to be landing a couple of the upper end transfers to salvage this season.

1 Like

Where does Charlotte stack up in those list of schools? I wonder how that phone call goes from our coaches.

hey at least we made the list

https://twitter.com/BasketballAS/status/1514321405533433860

Greek Mythology Animation GIF by xponentialdesign

I did too. Cant beleive Hill just ignores the problem. We are going backwards again. AD doesnt care aboit success.

1 Like

So basically three guards with limited to no experience.

A decent wing in Braswell.

A Williams that is coming off a serious enough injury to keep him out for a year.

A jallow who has a history of injuries.

A Threadgill that has shown some flashes but is still very inconsistent.

And a fairly good big on offense, but with mediocre rebounding

Unless we bring in some killer transfers, this is a single digit win team.

Thanks Mike!

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe where we are. I wasnā€™t watching us during the Wissel era, but I gotta feel we are going to just about be there with this current staff next year.

Weā€™ll, if we schedule Eckerd College and lose to them, then yā€™all will get a taste of the Wissell years.

4 Likes

I was at the Eckerd game my freshman year. My high school could have given us a good game that year.

1 Like

Itā€™s just infuriating honestly mac. Iā€™m more mad at Hill than I am at Ron. Ron is a bad coach. Itā€™s not his job to fire himself. None of us would leave a $700,000/yr job voluntarily.

Mikeā€™s job is to make decisions in the best interest of the program. He isnā€™t doing that. Anyone that looks at the program objectively can see we havenā€™t been and are not headed anywhere good.

I donā€™t get the Hill fellating on this board. Dude makes $150,000/yr more than Judy did, and heā€™s just as invisible as she ever was. Maybe more these days. She rebranded us too, and it was arguably more transformational anyway as that is when we started going by Charlotte. Mike scooped up some low hanging fruit when he came in and has since let the orchard further rot and die.

1 Like

Hill appears to be putting his eggs in other baskets and running the program with different priorities than we would. I also believe he is still beholden to the big money boosters same as Judy was, though he probably didnā€™t cultivate the setup the way she did. They may want different things than us, including all the academics and nonrevenue sports focus we are seeing.

Finally, giving him the benefit of the doubt, he is supposedly out there raising beaucoup $ for the capital campaign, which may be his priority.

Still the damage being done to our basketball program is not something you bounce back from. I donā€™t want to enter the AAC limping with support levels on par with FIU/FAU because we have alienated even the diehards.

4 Likes

Sports are supposed to be fun last I checked. Donā€™t know about yā€™all but this ainā€™t my idea of funā€¦.

5 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree Hootie.

This.

If I didnā€™t actively hate the status of our program, I wouldnā€™t think about us at all.

Most people have just reached indifference. Thatā€™s far worse than having bad fans actively hating on the program.

1 Like

I think the real concern is that we once had a lot of fans. Theyā€™ve moved on. 20 years later we have less than half of what we used to have showing up. Sustained winning got us there. Weā€™re not winning. I think we need to go all-in on winning to get the butts back in the seats and then worry about sustaining it. The investment needs to be in winning.

insert Charlie Sheen gif here.
winning charlie sheen GIF

1 Like

Yeah spending all of your time & resources focused on fundraising for the MP is kind of a waste of time if you arenā€™t winning in revenue sports. Why build & improve facilities if no one is going to come to games to see them.

Why fundraise for the master plan when you can just never release it anyway?

the players def arent having fun. They rarely smile

Very True