2022 49er Football Season šŸˆ

2 Likes

At Niner nights last night and man we are going to get crushed by NIL. Coach specifically mentioned DuBose and Spencer as kids with P5 in their ears and how if anyone has a NIL connection for them let him know.

One quoteā€ ā€œthe days of an Alex Highsmithā€¦. ā€œ. Then he trailed off and never finished the line.

There was big praise of Chris Reynolds. Interesting enough Archie Manning spoke really high of him and his time at the passing clinic. There was some talk during the casual part that heā€™s hitting some draft boards as a late pick just because heā€™s so smart about the position.

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: College athletes and compensation - NIL, Alston v NCAA, etc

A post was merged into an existing topic: College athletes and compensation - NIL, Alston v NCAA, etc

https://mobile.twitter.com/49er_Club/status/1554823868723838978

Reposting this here since it got ā€œlostā€ in the catch-all 2022 college football thread. Piece also includes quotes from AAC commish Mike Aresco:

Will is young and idealistic. Good for him. Good for the program too.

2 Likes

If ron actually said that he should have been fired on the spot.

2 Likes

What did Ron say? I dont see itā€¦never mind, i see it nowā€¦he canā€™t leave soon enough.

1 Like

Iā€™m still not seeing it, rhat did he say?

Believe they are referring to this:

1 Like

Its one thing if you are a bad coach. Fire him, move on but to take pride in players moving on to ā€œbiggerā€ programs is embarrassing.

5 Likes

Iā€™m so damn proudā€¦

Warning: it is paywalled.

2 Likes

Wonā€™t post it all, but here is a tidbit.

ā€œItā€™s been amazing. Personally, I feel free,ā€ safety Solomon Rogers said about the new defensive staff. ā€œWeā€™re playing football. Itā€™s not rocket science. Itā€™s a game that we played at a young age that we just loved to do, and now weā€™ve got people around us that are allowing us to feel like kids again.ā€

Healy stated that the group is ā€œgetting its swagger back,ā€ and thereā€™s been evidence of that at the start of fall camp with plenty of new and returning playmakers finding their rhythm. Brown has implemented a completely new scheme, consisting of multiple fronts and presnap movements, much to the playersā€™ liking.

6 Likes

Man, if we have a defense this could be a fun season!

4 Likes

I always wonder why we bring in the winter sports coaches to this event. Wouldnā€™t it make more sense to bring out the other fall coaches, like our menā€™s soccer coach, who leads the most successful program on campus?

6 Likes