2022 49er Football Season 🏈

I’ve been thinking what kind of coach Healy might evolve into. Right now he is all about bringing energy & passion while celebrating and running up and down the sidelines. At some point father time will start to catch up with him. What will his coaching style look like considering he has said himself he is not and X’s and O’s guy?

I think this may be part of the difficulty in finding coaches. He is probably looking for someone to bring that same type of energy. I don’t know of any other sideline that celebrates like ours during games.

I think hes def in the CEO coach mold. That means coaches like Dabo and Mack Brown are his blue print, but who knows if he can pull that off.

And my kids thought Santa Claus was real too.

Sorry, but I’ve grown quite cynical about this.

If Mike Hill wants to show up ole smartass NA, I am right here, fork in hand, ready to eat crow.

Otherwise, it’s vaporware.

major league baseball GIF

2 Likes

There is so much that goes into that and I have heard rumors on the delay - things like a 250 mil facilities plan at a UNC system school bring a lot of hands into the pot and opinions and desires.

Id say consider the following with the MP

• Announced plan study
  • 6-9 months before plan is completed
  • Plan is done in fall
  • Covid hits in spring
  • Plan put on ice
  • Fund raising put on ice by Chancellor (as a reminder she was preparing budgets of 50% state funding because no one had any idea where coivd was going and she was preparing to seek massive private donations to keep operational) This was basically an entire year.
  • Plan picked back up and tweaked once given approval from school admin
  • Fund raising starts in earnest
  • Expansion talk
  • Plan tweaked again
  • Get in the league
  • Plan tweaked again

250 mil plan basically ready but its not just up to AD now - we have Admin and BoT and UNC system that likely wants some say in this. It isn’t a single building or a 5 million dollar improvement project. I am not aware of another UNC system school that has embarked on this level of a athletics facility plan and at $250 mil ball park will be the biggest capital fund raising campaign in school history. To complicate matters the next capital campaign following up Exponential is already underway so I am sure there needs to be alignment between those two.

That isn’t to make excuses, it’s just reality. I want it released, I think the fanbase needs it and I know fans in our new conference want to see what we are doing and lets face it many of us want it just so we can show it off to other fanbases. I just wanted to highlight some of the dynamics happenings with it.

3 Likes

I didn’t see a Stafford statue

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/1491123999107325953

20220208_141248

4 Likes

Are we losing any practice time due to being pushed back or just shifted dates?

Shifted dates, the only way it bites you is if someone gets hurt, don’t have as much time to get healed before the start of the season.

Whats up guys? I am new to Niner Nation and Charlotte as a whole, as my wife just got a job at UNC-Charlotte and we have relocated from State College! Excited to be apart of this young programs fan base. I was wondering if anyone could help me out as we are trying to get season tickets and we were just wondering what the process is and is the entire schedule out for next season?

Thanks and I look forward to being on this board more!

8 Likes

Welcome!

2 methods to get season tickets:

1. Purchase Forty Niner Seat Licenses (FSLs)
  2. Wait till they go on sale without FSLs usually around June/July.

Here’s the OOC schedule:

Conference schedule is usually easy to figure out opponent-wise but with ODU, Marsha, and USM trying to leave earlier, this year will be more “exciting”.

Imagine we’ll for sure play these teams:

FAU
FIU
WKU
MTSU

The other 4 are a guess but I’d assume we’d finish our West Div. series with La Tech and Rice as well.

As an employee your wife can get a discount on tickets.

Welcome!

Welcome to Niner Nation.

Are we inducting a Nittany Lion then?

Sounds like something that needs to happen at a Normbulance Tailgate.

1 Like

Are we playing a tough OOC schedule because we are being paid by the P5 schools and we need that money?

The MD game is a home and home. The USC one is a money game and yeah we need that cash!

2 Likes

I much rather play the tougher schedule, but it also could make us not be bowl eligible.

2-2 thru first 4 should have us on track for bowl

Our scheduling strategy (which I like) is to have one money game and one FCS game. If we play two P5s in a year they’re part of a H&H.