2023 49er Football Season 🏈

Dont sleep on USF or Tulsa, both have very good qb’s, typical AAC challenge.

The challenge in the AAC is when these offenses put up like a 3 TD quarter and then you have to be prepared to match it on the offensive side…

New coaches but;

Tulsa QB is back and beat out another good QB they had last year.

Is the USF starter back from injury?, he had won like big bowl games as starter at Baylor.

USF was just so bad last year. Did they finally beat an FBS opponent by year’s end?

Good point about SMU and the portal. I may be underestimating that challenge.

These dudes have been working to get stronger than 6 wins

1 Like

6 wins? My early prediction was 8. Agree, seeing the conditioning that is taking place I think we are going to surprise a lot of people.

2 Likes

If they keep it up, I like their trajectories. I appreciate their work, pain and suffering as a team much more than all the clapping and dancing (before). The next level after spring practice is doing much more in the summer heat and humidity. At least the first 5 games have potentially miserable heat and humidity

clt says this may warrant another chat page

Gotta be Larry or Alex?

2 Likes

Larry Ogunjobi IMHO.

Highsmith is a better pro, but Larry basically shut down the run game for the opponent almost by himself.

4 Likes

It’s a hard choice between Larry and Alex. Alex ultimately did get us to a bowl, and I mean there wouldn’t have been a bowl without Alex. They are both too superior to rank even a 1a and a 1b, as people or players. I hope they continue as Steelers and Davis joins them

1 Like

Yeah depends on the criteria. MVP for the Niners would be Chris… we would have won way less games without him. But as far as best Pro (which what really seems to be the list) - it will be Alex thus far.
Alex is a much better pro than Armanti Edwards - but ok ECU has us on this one.

clt says look at the pick for bama

1 Like

I wouldn’t rank Chris higher than Larry or Alex . Consistency wise, you have to give the edge to Larry. Chris is probably an honorable #3 I my mind

1 Like

I had to google who Barrett Jones was. Only played 2 nfl season and 10 games total. With all the 5 stars they get, there is no way he is their best college player (or nfl).

https://twitter.com/NTimes_Sports/status/1629197083688271878?t=26JvXyT7vFf-mNwZBUfchA&s=19

Charlotte games will no longer be exclusively on ESPN+. At least 40 conference-controlled regular-season games will be on ESPN platforms, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ABC.

While a selection of games will be available on ESPN+, the goal is to make the AAC as accessible as possible. The AAC will also have a primetime game slot in seven weeks of the 2023 season.

The American Athletic Conference Football Championship game will be broadcasted on either ABC or ESPN on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023.

Quick math… 40 games divided by 12 weeks = 3.33. One of which will be the Friday night game (which we play 1 of). That means 4 AAC teams minimum will be on regular broadcast channels each Saturday. Possibly 6 some weekends.

All told, about an average of half the conference will be on regular broadcast TV each week.

Exposure is good.

4 Likes

clt is going to enjoy watching Charlotte on abc

1 Like

If we can get some good wins, especially on TV, I see Biff becoming a media darling.

4 Likes
3 Likes

clt says 'rap" is just awful now. auto tune mumbling over the same beat.

respect the wu!

Hip-Hop Rap GIF

3 Likes

:goat:
the real slim shady eminem GIF

Facts x 1000. Wu tang forever