2023 49er Football Season 🏈

2 Likes

I just watched the Cost of Winning again earlier today. Gonna be strange / interesting to see some of those same kids out on the field today. Especially Clowney. I also forgot how huge Jon Wallace is. 400 lber.

That’s big Jon.

3 Likes
2 Likes

How is attendance at the spring practice game?

It sucks, but the play and atmosphere do not. As for hurt feelings being expressed, I don’t give a shit if you leave or stay so long as we are winning meaningful games. You losers who want to come here for comfort when we lose, I got nothing for you

Hey there, Stone Handy just body slammed Norm on the sideline. The message? Even Norm needs to toughen up.

I thought it was good, 3-4k if Im estimating and very festive tailgating atmosphere.

1 Like

Biff walked into tailgate smoking a cigar with an F U persona

Love it!

5 Likes

So we have that in common.

4 Likes

Overall, I think it’s the most talented team we have ever fielded. The players were all polite and seemed to be enjoying themselves with the fans. The common thread from them was that this team is very close to each other.

I agree. I am very impressed and excited for the season start. It’s great they have a structured plan in place for the team to continue to bond while they improve each other. The concept of team-led practices is great. That’s where team leadership should really emerge.

I am really pulling for Stone Handy to emerge as a fixture as a defensive leader captain. He has much to offer his teammates with the experiences he has gained along his long journey to get to the here and now. Stone just needs to keep doing the day to day hard work outside of football.

3 Likes

Now that the Spring game is over …

What W-L record do ya got for 2023?

I think we are going 6-6 and squeezing out bowl eligibility by beating USF to end the season. Other likely W’s: SC State, Ga State, Rice, and we manage to squeeze out 2 more from the other 8 games.

2 Likes

clt is only concerned about @ florida. but they lost richardson, so 12-0

SMU, Tulsa, and Navy are the best opportunities to pick up those other Ws (although SMU has added a ton of talent through the portal). That Ga St game as usual is the big early season measuring stick of what to expect this year.

I think we get to 6 even though this is by far our toughest schedule ever. If we do get to a bowl buckle your seatbelts because the Poggi Express will be a fun ride.

3 Likes

How was Georgia State looking compared to last season? Did they lose a lot of players to graduation/portal and how have they done with bringing in recruits? improved or worse than last year? I think it is a must win if we want to reach a bowl

Probably a good read about GSU’s prospects for next season. It also goes into detail about how the transfer portal has affected their roster. They lost star WR James Thrash and DB Antavious Lane. Tons of production on both sides of the ball.

Here is their class. Decent reliance on transfer portal themselves:

They got a 4 star DE from Clemson. Star of their class.

8-4 with a power five scalp, I’m thinking Florida will be the first major victim of Poggi ball. Wins will be against SCST, GAST, FLA, Navy, ECU, Tulsa, Rice, USF. No way of knowing until the season starts but we’re playing big boy football this coming season.

5 Likes

David stayed upright while scoring his two point conversion, so obviously not future chancellor material. :grinning:

3 Likes