2023 49er Football Season 🏈

Just have been getting my fix on twitter.

Hopefully we’ll get back to our heydays! Definitely a buzz with Biff!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Looks like Jalir Holley is still on the team (:25 of video). Was reported that he was kicked off.

3 Likes

I’m pumped! Let’s go Niners!

Biff seems like the kind of guy that loves kids through their hard times. I don’t see a Calvin Camp situation happening with the coaching staff.

1 Like

Since we play Maryland again on 9/9/23 I thought this was relevant.

1 Like

They might have a chance to beat us now

2 Likes
2 Likes

My recommendation to the athletic department is to move the South Carolina State game to Thursday night August 31st. Better attendance than the Saturday before Labor Day.

6 Likes

Let’s make that happen. Labor day weekend is tough.

Thursday games can be very hard for people with jobs and families though. So while it is great for students can be a big challenge for season ticket holders to come out and tailgate and get to the game, not to mention school and work the next day for families. Not saying no to thursday just that it isn’t a no brainer.

3 Likes

Great idea but looks like it’s not possible

1 Like
4 Likes

We really do need to pack the Spring game, even if it’s going to be very limited (37 players?) to support the new staff.

We need a grassroots effort from both the alumni and the students to pack the house. It’s not a big house, so it should be very simple to do if we spread the word, and hopefully with a little help from mother nature.

So, alumni: start planting the seeds with your family and friends.

And the students: we need dorm rallies and signs and get some momentum on campus.

Time to change the culture for Charlotte football.

8 Likes

37 is just the new reports - still have those returning.

2 Likes

clt says the spring game is a great opportunity to test out new grills and coolers

1 Like

I tend to agree with Drunk Norm, but Biff will realize quick it ain’t ever that hot in Michigan in August on game day. Our field is radiant heater with no breeze, even if it’s blowing outs of the stadium. Bring an ac fan and set it behind you Coach Poggi!! You are going to need it vs SC State

That game (Labor Day weekend) usually gets moved to Thursday or Friday. It’s one of the few times I am ok with a week night home game even if it limits my tailgating. We have only played on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend twice (2013 and 2018).

4 Likes

The Spring Game is fun too, it’s been 4-5 months since we tailgated together so it’s nice to see everyone again. We normally have a decent crowd comparatively for Spring Games so with the extra buzz I think we’ll have a good turn out.

Should be a fun day on campus.

4 Likes

Some of my drunkest tailgates have been spring game. Been awhile and no game to really worry about :slight_smile: last year it was my wife that got obliterated not me LOL