2023 49er Football Season 🏈

My party season runs from February to December and after a dry January starts all over. The beautiful thing about the tailgate really is just seeing people I only see during football season or Niner events. It’s good to rekindle those relationships. I didn’t realize how much I missed it until Covid took it away.

1 Like
3 Likes

CFN 2023 Rankings: Offseason First Look

https://collegefootballnews.com/2023/01/2023-college-football-rankings-1-to-133-offseason-first-look

We are still getting zero attention. Can’t wait to surprise the football nation!

3 Likes

They have absolutely no idea what we have.

I’m not paying attention to a single one of them until Phil Steele publishes. What he has to say will be interesting. Have a feeling it will be both good and bad. We lost a LOT on offense folks.

It’s a great year to place a wager on our expected outcomes.

5 Likes

With so many unknowns regarding shakeups within conferences and the heavy use of the portal for the 2023 season, these polls mean absolutely nothing and they are simply using last year as a benchmark.

The only good thing about these lack of fact polls, is that coaches like the Biffster can use them as motivation and a big sleeveless middle finger when they are proven wrong!

When does the Phil Steele come out?

Usually around late June IIRC. He previews every single D1 team so it takes him a while.

This really shines a light on who does research and who doesn’t. Anyone that previews our season without at least mentioning how unknown our prospects are by virtue of the massive roster turnover is telegraphing their lack of preparation.

4 Likes

SC State will play a game 8/26 before our opener on 9/2.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I am sure others have been thinking this. When these video updates started coming out, I was like, damn Hill upgraded our PR and Media Dept. Not sure if that is the case or early excerpts from the HBO shootings. If internally generated, props to Hill and staff.

1 Like

We did change out the media and marketing guy - fwiw

1 Like

New team/person is crushing it.

1 Like

Let’s hope it keeps up for more than one or two seasons. Remember folks being happy with PR during Healy’s first season as well, only for the department to go relatively dark afterwards.

clt asks an important question. is Biff going to take his shirt off and wear norm’s head?

2 Likes

Mac stole Healy’s norm head at the same time he pillaged club lit

2 Likes

Based on this graphic, one would have to believe that there will not be any other commits for '23.

I only counted 34…who all is missing? That’s about 18 short of listed commits.