2023 Baseball Week 10 - At UNC (ACCNx); ECU at Truist (ESPN+); UAB (ESPN+)

Different varieties of assholes.

I hate everyone equally.

Middle of he lineup came up at the right times tonight and went out
with a wimper.
Their base running was superb. We have issues behnd the plate anf they knew it.

Yeah. It’ was a bad night overall for our catcher. Made a nice tag at home. Located some strikes with glove. McKeithan’s don’t come around often enough. I think we have missed that dude more than anyone from 2021.

Our fans suck. Run their mouth on here constantly, but when there’s a game like this, we’re invisible. ECU punked us in the stands more than they did on the field.

2 Likes

I was there and I know where you are coming from, but you are way to harsh.
We have sucked in sports for a while now. Our fans, including me, are tired of watching us lose.
Gotta start winning some meaningful games on the field and/or court to get fans back.

Baseball has won and has won meaningful games. ECU was ranked what? 7? It was not a blow out loss.

The biggest loss might’ve been the disproportionate amount of purple in a Charlotte ballpark. If anyone here could have made the game last night, but didn’t bother, after our guys thumped those #4 cocks in the same park….Well, I would not say the 49ers fans in the stands sucked last night

Give me a break!

The team has beaten 2 Top 25 teams in the last few weeks, one of which was uptown. Sitting in 3rd place in CUSA, and has won 7 of the last 10 or something like that.

Plus you have 2 Top 60 RPI teams that happen to be IN STATE RIVALS on a beautiful night in Uptown Charlotte. There are more than enough reasons for our fans to show up.

Are we 49er fans or not? Last night should have been about supporting the Niners even if it was the only baseball game you attended all season. If I was waiting around for our football team to ‘earn my support’ I wouldn’t have had to sit through 10 years of sh*tty football.

I’m tired of the excuses. Do we support our teams or not?

5 Likes

Was at the game last night with a group of fellow alumni, and other than the 3rd inning where we scratched out a run to tie it up, and gave Niner fans a chance to cheer, I can’t say we were really competitive in that game. We made some key pitches and had a couple of gems in the outfield to keep the score from getting considerably worse, but we never really put any pressure on them offensively.

I think we’ve loss 13 straight to ECU, so we’ve got a lot of work to do to catch the top of our new conference.

I still don’t understand the thinking of college baseball in bothering to schedule tough teams mid week, but never ever pitching your starters. If we win more of those big games, then our RPI goes up, our profile goes up, fan interest goes up, attendance goes up, and it makes it more likely we get a post season bid. Campbell has beaten ECU twice this year, did they do anything different pitching wise, or is their bullpen that much better than ours?

As it is, a majority of people could care less about college baseball and certainly don’t get exited about playing UAB or Rice or any other conference opponents, no matter how good they might be.

I like the anytime anywhere attitude that Woodard has but I think we need a combo of hoops and baseball when scheduling.

We don’t need to schedule HS teams like basketball did but we may have over scheduled a bit in baseball.

However, if playing the schedule we are helps us start stringing wins then I see the method to the madness. Next will tell I suppose

I like our baseball schedule. If you want to be among the best, this is the right schedule. If you want job security be cause you are a coaching failure, then you got Sanchez. I don’t want coaches that seek comfort like Ron or even in the middle. We have the dudes to beat EZU, but they haven’t consistently put game wins together much of the year. If Knight starts hitting like he has the past years, we might have a late season surge. Not that has been the only struggle, but that dude is a pro caliber hitter and fielder

I prefer it for sure but I’d like to be winning some of these games. As I said, if it gets us ready to roll in the conference then kuddos

Yeah, we are stuck with those EZU assholes, and we both will be better off for it if we continue to improve in baseball, and start improving in football and basketball

Love Belfast!

Lot more EZU alums in Charlotte than in Greenville, I would assume. I haven’t a clue what it will take for Charlotte alums to care about the school’s athletics. Not even sure that winning will do the trick. :cry:

Sorry Bojangles, but not being in the top 25 and sitting in 3rd place of CUSA
just isn’t going to get people excited about baseball.
I love the game and follow your info on the team, but we gotta do something
big to get attention.

That’s MR Bojangles to you.

I’m a diehard college baseball fan. And enjoy going to all the Charlotte baseball games. Unfortunately, basketball/football move the needle for fan support. In select circumstances, you find ECU who cares more about baseball than they do basketball. It also helps to have 40+ years of regional and super regional success. It’s going to take a lot more than one 2021 regional to pack that place with niner fans.

Again, I’m someone who has season tickets to baseball, basketball, and football. This is for a different thread, but basketball/football has beaten down the fan base.

Here’s to good weather this weekend and hopefully a sweep against UAB.

2 Likes

I guess our sorry asses get what we deserve. Time to go fire up another Ron Sanchez thread.