2023 Baseball Week 3 - UNC Asheville (ESPN+); at Virginia Tech (ACCNx)

season 9 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

clt says a crappy way to lose in very crappy weather

Tough one today.

Spolyar pitched well after the first batter he faced.

Michelson struck out 5 guys in the 9th and 10th, then gave up 2 hits.

I expect another high scoring affair tomorrow.

1 Like

clt is correct.

1 Like

Easy to misplay a ball out there today under those conditions. I suspect that Butch will settle in as DH when we get our lineup healthy. We have yet to do that, but we’re getting closer. We still have an offense that can hang with anyone in it’s present form. Not going to complain about that.

Pitching is still a work in progress. Some guys are going to have to emerge and establish themselves.

2 Likes

We are playing at a Power 5 school that gets $17 million per year for their TV contract, and they can’t televise our game tomorrow. What kind of Mickey Mouse :poop:is that?

3 Likes

I keep writing basically these are good losses. I sometimes can’t believe I am, but it’s the iron sharpens iron analogy. Our guys are so close. I would rather see them working towards a stronger second half of the season in tight losses against ranked or strong programs , than for to give out praise for beating a soft schedule. I believe they will be better for it, but it’s time for them to show us very soon

Down 6-3 bottom of the 8th. This teams "potential " needs to get here pretty soon, or we are going to dig too much of a hole to get where we hoped they would get this year…lost 6-3. We are now 5-6.

2 Likes

We are in week 3 of a very long season and we certainly haven’t been playing cupcakes. VT is the #11 team in the country and we’ve had our chances against them.

Lots of positives to take away from the past 2 games.

2 Likes

Tough schedule yes, pretty tight games…but you have to win some of those tough ones…these are the games and series that make a difference come selection day.

1 Like

Some of these tough games would have been nice to win, but dominating the conference games will suffice :grin:

If we continue to lose it does not matter that we played a tough schedule. It should have been a more balance schedule since we may go into conference with a losing record. Hard to dig out of that one if we do not win conference.

I disagree. Our guys have been close to winning most of the losses. They are getting to match their skills against some skilled players. I predict a much better march because of it. Facing average pitching doesn’t help as much as facing good pitching in the long season ahead.

Sounds like the basketball team.

1 Like

It’s the opposite Ted. This is a good baseball team whose coach scheduled them a most challenging schedule for good reasons, which did not include saving his own job. You are a Joke Ted

clt says we need to win, soon

dance off kate upton GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Exactly right wood.

Our hitting hasnt been tbe issue…its our pitching…its getting embarrassing early today. Down 4-0 in the first and still only one out. Langhorne giving up hit after hit.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d they get swept, it is becoming a concern.

Pitching getting blasted AGAIN. Down 7-0 in the 3rd. Yes, the season is still fairly early, but we have a problem.

1 Like

Say whatever you want to about baseball but leave that same tired Ron Sanchez BS out of this thread.

3 Likes