2023 CBI Tournament, 3/18-22 FloHoops + ESPN2

Stetson vs Milwaukee 76-76 at the end of regulation. BJ Freeman with 36 for the Panthers.

Charlotte and Milwaukee (22-11) had one common opponent this season - Detroit Mercy. Panthers won both games vs their Horizon conference mate - 84-81 in Motor City and 94-89 in Brew City.

Uh oh… . :joy:

So Milwaukee is better than a team we lost by 20 to on the road… great…

1 Like

We beat Detroit Mercy later in the season

We may lose tomorrow, but you really can’t use the transitive property for sports teams, especially basketball.

1 Like

clt says beat the brewers!

See that Vin Baker’s son - Vin Jr. - plays for UWM. Fortunately the latter isn’t the player his dad was, either in college or the NBA. Vin Sr. now an assistant with the Bucks.

Another UWM player with family NBA connections is 7-1 Moses Bol. Cousin of the late Manute Bol and current pro Bol Bol of the Nuggets. Like his teammate Baker, inherited the height but not the on court performance gene.

I’m sure Lundy will be up for a game against the d1 team in the city where he coached for so long.

Lundy had a nice first season with the Panthers. He won 22 games. They won 8 last season.

I agree. Does not all of Charlotte know that Sanchez got his signature win out coaching the Catamounts?

Figured Lundy and Sanchez knew each other and the former’s comments confirmed that. Thought maybe Bruce Pearl or Bo Ryan the other UWM coach to win 22 in his first season but see it was Rob Jeter, who succeeded Pearl.

1 Like

Are we playing Old Milwaukee ? Ya know, the NCAA tournament doesn’t get any better than this

Regardless what we may all think about playing in the CBI. I will be rooting for the Niners to win. Go Niners!!

12 Likes