2023 CBI Tournament, 3/18-22 FloHoops + ESPN2

Agree with ya there. As always regardless how I feel about the coach or the games we are in a W is better than and L!

4 Likes

I want the Niners to win this tournament but I donā€™t want anything that happens in this tournament used to prop up a coach I feel is leading the program nowhere.

4 Likes

Good to see Niners won. Is the above video the only highlights, or did I miss them?

This must mean that Sanchez is back next year. Does it mean they must have a pretty good idea that the players are mostly planning to stick around? Donā€™t see how you can justify playing without some kind of guarantees from the players that they arenā€™t planning to transfer out en masse. Agree with above, that even then, itā€™s questionable to participate.

I actually wonder if the pre-season games hurt us in the end. The players looked a bit tired by the middle of the season. Then again, this group of players hadnā€™t played much together (Williams out last year, all the transfers in), so it was probably worth a shot to do it. Still think losing Aldrich was a bigger issue, though part of that is because Sanchez hadnā€™t recruited enough post depth. Is it harder to find transfers that can play in the post than it seems?

I think we need a better S&C coach to build strength and cardio

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know how virtuous you are. It has been duly noted.

Might sound/be sexist of me but Iā€™d prefer a male working with menā€™s basketball S&C

2 Likes

Had to go to physical therapy after breaking my right arm 20+ years ago. Asked one of my therapists after a session if she had tortured people in a previous life!

Agreed. I know itā€™s like walking on eggshells in todayā€™s worldā€¦but sometimes it takes a man to push/motivate another man to do push themselves past their limitsā€¦especially as it relates to weight lifting/S&C.

It shouldnā€™t be such a taboo thing to say or admitā€¦men and women are different in certain ways (which is a good thing).

What football is doing is amazingā€¦the transformation photos they were posting on Instagram after 8 weeks is almost unbelievable. And what weā€™ve all seen in those videos as it relates to the motivation and how he gets them hypedā€¦just donā€™t see how a female can play that role as effectively.

I donā€™t know. I think Starla could do it.

Misogynistic comments not a good look.

1 Like

Saying a woman canā€™t be a S&C coach sexist. Saying that for college men that they may respond better to a male S&C coach is not sexist or misogynistic.

5 Likes

This is what a serious S&C program looks like. No goofing off or joking around.

Not virtuous at all. Just trying to balance out the negativity.

1 Like

Donā€™t be so modest now. You care more than anyone else. I salute you

It may be sexist and I may agree with you, LOL.

1 Like

There was more intensity in my dads basement in 1985 with my Kmart weight bench and set working out alone. I hope itā€™s more intense than that in the main. And I certainly wouldnā€™t put that video out as something positive.

Yes I know you were being facetious. My complaint was at the original posting by the school not your post.

1 Like

THIS.

Men and women are different and have different strengths and different weakness and respond differently to different conditions.

I for one LOVE the differences between the sexesā€¦Thatā€™s not sexist or misogynistic to acknowledge, embrace or respect that.

And in those videosā€¦the MEN are responding noticeably differently (more intense, more focused, more serious) to the male coach than they are the female coach.

1 Like

Yeah. That dude was a tough as nails fullback and he might kick someoneā€™s ass if they go easy in the football weight room.

2 Likes