2023 Softball 🥎

They way in which they pull for each other is great to see.

1 Like

In top of 4th against Va Tech Ladies have had two hits both solo homers by Winters and Krupit, up 2-0.

1 Like

What a pickup Sam Gress has been. She has established herself as the workhorse of the pitching staff.

Go ladies !!!
Second ranked victim for the Niners in 24 hours!

2 Likes

Gress tosses 1 hitter, a 2 run homer in 7th. Ladies had 3 solo homers winning 3-2

2 Likes

So what I’m getting from all this is we can compete with the ACC and SEC in some sports. Time to start doing the same in football and basketball. I am excited about where we can be if we have the fortitude and vision to do so. Go Niners!

1 Like
2 Likes

BTW, I looked at the box score and Tech did pitch their ace against us. She was 14-1. so now 14-2 :slightly_smiling_face: Gress was just a little better in the matchup.
Not a fluke win.

2 Likes

How about their announcers drooling all over their pitcher while Sam is carrying a no-hitter into the 7th? I mean, they’re VT announcers so I get it, but it was comical.

1 Like

I think the next record in reach is the Doubles record. She needs 5 more.

2 Likes

Charlotte Softball highlights on SportsCenter!!

6 Likes

The thing about that defensive play is that this team does something like this quite often.
Ask that FAU player who attempted to advance from second to third on a diving catch in foul ground in left field last weekend. Rally killing DP!

3 Likes

That play was awesome, and it set the tone for the weekend. FAU had 1st & 2nd no outs. End up getting nothing due to this play by Anna Deveraux.

https://twitter.com/CharlotteSB/status/1636856360179490816?s=20

3 Likes

Ron take note: “Our goal this weekend is to sweep”.
The word “pillars” or “growth” were not included.

Love talking about Ron on softball threads

Ladies on fire, up on UTEP 10-0 after 2 complete innings

2 Likes

Ladies run rule UTEP 14-3 in 5 innings. Nice start to the series.

2 Likes

I was talking about Chastain’s attitude. More a compliment to her than a dig against Ron.