2023 Softball šŸ„Ž

Anyone have extra tickets? Looking for 3.

Go girls in Game 2 !

Lets Go Reaction GIF

Ladies win!!! (6-4) Charlotte plays Duke at 12 noon Sunday. Need two wins against them to win Regional.

3 Likes

Happy You And I GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Duke has a pretty nice setup. Stadium is only 6 (?) years old. I really like having the 2 large grass hills to watch the game from. Standing concourse above the seating is a great place to watch the game too.

https://twitter.com/diamond9errpt/status/1659739144568930304?s=46&t=yxzaEd-PudIwby_dAuBVuA

1 Like

clt says concord is a weird location for duke softball, but much easier for our team.

1 Like

How did Chancey end up with a shiner? I must have missed it.

Ground ball in practice. She didnā€™t go the Calvin Clemmons route. :joy:

1 Like

Hitting with RISP is killing us. I know the intensity ramps up but you have to break thru.

0-11 against Duke with RISP in the regionals is hard to overcome. Still early but have to break thru.

2 Likes

1-0 Niners, even though we dont yet have a hit. Headed to T4ā€¦still same stats, headed to T6.

2-1 Niners after a Mitchell HRā€¦headed to T7. 3 outs away from a game 1 win.

1 Like

Absolute bullshit call!

Completel BS. If not for that call, it would still be 2-2ā€¦after we turned the DPā€¦should have gotten us out of the inning.

NINER gals made us proud. Duck Duke and Duck the graciousness that P5 teams seem to get. Duke is probably the better team, but not like that

2 Likes

If Cassidyā€™s ball gets thru and Bailey hits with bases
loaded and the game on rhe line, it would have been one for the ages !

Regardless, without that call, neither of those last 2 Duke runs would have scored. We would have come up to bat in B7 with the game tied 2-2. ā€¦BTW, just saw the exact same play in the Florida State versus SC gameā€¦no obstruction called and FS catcher was blocking the plate entirely before the ball got there, and much moreso than Lexi was.

Very proud of our teamā€™s season. If we were the 4th seed in the this regional, we would have had more chance to win, as it turns out. Duke played its worst game of the weekend on Friday, but were able to win due to lack of opposition.
Playing against Duke reminds me of playing against Tar Hole basketball when they ran the infamous 4 corners offense. That leadoff hitter basically makes soft contact and is on first base without a play. Within the rules, of course, but it feels like it cheapens the game. I believe Duke will get a wake up call against Stanford. Pacific 10 softball is about 2 levels better than the ACC. Go Cardinal.

Niners won 2 more games in the NCAA tournament that did the #2 overall seed. :rofl:

1 Like

Well, that hasnā€™t aged well. MTSU run ruled in their first regional game are are currently 1 win and 1 loss aganst host Alabama and are playing a third time against the Tide for the region.

Seriously!? You just felt the need to poke the bear.

Okā€¦

Nothing in that quote ā€œhasnā€™t aged wellā€ because again everything in that quote is still 100% accurate. As #1 seed and conference champs and we get just 4 hits and have 3 errors against a slightly above .500 team in conference. All facts. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. Againā€¦I bet every player and coach completely agrees with that assessment of that game as it relates to how well we played in that game.

We played MUCH better in the Regionals. We play like that in the CUSA tourney and we win it. Butā€¦we went 1-2 and literally had a disappointing CUSA tournament by what our standards were that we set this season.

Dude. Itā€™s ok. It happens. Itā€™s life. The butthurt about me saying it out loud can stop.

1 Like