2026 49er Football Week 3 - Game #3 @ App State - 9/19 6PM ESPN+

We can. We just don’t.

That is a pretty dismissive take. Why would you say that? What evidence is there that we should expect to beat them? What factors are in place to make anyone think that it’s horrible if we cannot beat App St.?

3 Likes

I’d say bc of conference, nil and…well, that’s probably it

Get rid of the brick stripe please. It’s dumb and we don’t need the jersey or helmet reflecting a cheesy slogan by a coach who won’t be here much longer. Should we have put pillars on our basketball jerseys when Sanchez was coach? It has nothing to do with the school and the fact Kevin white hasn’t changed it tells me people are asleep at the wheel with our athletic dept.

it’s the little things that we screw up time and again.

White has bigger things to worry about thsn a stripe on a uniform. Nitpicking

6 Likes

Posted this in another thread but in an effort to reply to your question above here is my reply…

If we cannot beat Appalachian (or have hope in doing so - a 21 point underdog), a Sunbelt conference team, at this point in our journey, changes need to be made immediately. App has a new staff also. Their NIL has to be below us. We are an American conference team. No excuses. What makes us think anything will be different next year? When there is no where to go but up, how can we continue to slide to last place in FBS football. Yes, last place with no confidence from our fan base for future wins this season. You can’t blame the AD, the coach, the logo, the history. Our problem is much greater.

1 Like

I guess all we can do now is blame Judy. Seems to be our thing

1 Like

1.) Nobody said judy was the only one to blame. Hill was a massive failure too but her starting football too late and basically being forced to was absolutely on her. She had no clue how to operate a big time football program. Defending her is insanity

1 Like

If its close, I think we win. My prediction is we dont cover, and by the 3rd quarter things are getting away from us.

I’ve been a fan too long to get too excited by this thought…but there is a 5% chance our team is actually good. Our first week was a fluke against a run option team. Week 2 was against a top 10 team in the nation on the road. App looks to have a good team themselves this year, but catching them between ECU (coming off a win) and NC State is as good of a time as we could to catch them.

3 Likes

I don’t know if we will win or not but I will be in Boone supporting our university and team. Hope to see some of you there. I am disappointed in the season so far too. I am not ready to quit two games in. I hope Albin and the team feel the same way. There is alot of football left. Go Niners!

10 Likes

I don’t like the tan helmets. Give me shiny green or gold.

3 Likes

I will be there too! Let’s go! Best App!

5 Likes

https://x.com/Bojangles/status/2100603731217612952?s=20

It’s the little things..

1 Like

Someone said we couldn’t get a Bo box because they use the Panthers box in our market. Can they not have 2 in the same market? At least in the city where the business was founded.

1 Like

Despite all my prior comments and frustration, I truly believe we will win on Saturday. I am baffled and perplexed how we could possibly be a three touchdown Underdog. From everything I have observed, I cannot imagine us losing this game. I am certainly second guessing myself based on all the other predictions but I cannot see it any other way.

6 Likes

I like your green glasses to see the world. I hope you are correct!!!

2 Likes

Are Tim Albin, Todd Fitch, and Nate Faanes boring? Do we think players get hyped from them? Are they creative enough on both sides of the ball?

Thoughts?

I expect to be pleasantly surprised, even though I’m not a fan of Albin, and use this game/win to springboard us forward for this season and beyond. If we get blown out, then Albin ain’t it and we need to finish the season and move on. You’ve got better players this year, comp to App, and we should, at the very least, hang with this team and have a shot to win.

5 Likes

If we are competitive and come up short, the sky isn’t falling. Although we all want to get that first W so badly because it’s App, we still have the entire conference slate ahead of us. Don’t give up. You never know when the turnaround game will happen, but it WILL happen. With that said, I want to see that the team doesn’t quit on Albin. So far, I haven’t seen any quit in this team, so I don’t plan to either.

5 Likes