AAC Basketball šŸ€

WAITAMINUTE!

Why isnā€™t Dusty May celebrating all of his best players moving on to ā€œbetterā€ programs???

Isnā€™t that the way things are supposed to be according to Defeatist Ron?

1 Like

Actually, I will believe it when I see it on everyone returning to Boca.

BTW, May quoted in a The Athletic piece from last week:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAthleticCBB/status/1641916024495964160

1 Like

Following McCasland to Lubbock?

Some things to sift through here! :roll_eyes: :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

1 Like

FAU #4:

Charlotte must of been in the next 4 that missed the cut.

Nope, but Boise State did.

ā€œmust haveā€

1 Like

Wow!

Just sucks - as a mid major it is going to be so hard to go on the run we had back in 90s early 00s.

1 Like

Extra Covid eligibility hid the damage that the portal is going to do to mid majors. We temporarily had an over supply of players. That is going away and when it does, we will all officially be farm teams for the blue bloods.

Just another way the sport is dying.

1 Like

Yup seems pretty clear to me. The only thing the lower levels had on the power leagues was under rated kids buying in and using continuity and experience as the equalizer. Thatā€™s gone now.

I would say that if you like parity, I hope you enjoyed this yearā€™s NCAA tournament. Because it isnā€™t happening again. Not like this. Between the stinker of a championship game and the trailing off of Covid extra eligibility we are going to be right back to Blueblood status quo very soon. 2-3 years tops. I suspect next yearā€™s tournament will already be very different.

Kudos to programs like FAU who exploited the window and maximized their programs from it. Window is closing now.

1 Like

At least in FAU and our case we have made it to the rung under power leagues, but donā€™t think thatā€™s gonna matter much.

FAU #5 per Parrish in his initial 2023-24 preseason rankings: