AAC Facilities News 🏟️

I mean I might be delusional but I think we have just as good of a shot at getting into the big 12 as usf. maybe even better considering the big 12 doesn’t even have a school in nc in the conference yet. and at the very least while its small we actually have an on campus stadium. which is more than what usf can say at the moment.

1 Like

The only school I give a clear leg up on us is Memphis. The rest? I know SMU might be in drivers seat but Meh. We just have to go perform now.

3 Likes

The NC market is desirable to the Big12 and even the SEC.

Our job now is to go prove we can deliver it. And that isn’t gonna happen unless we start winning a lot. A whole lot. And for a good long while.
Transformational type winning.

3 Likes

If we start winning like UCF we are off to the races, just gotta win.

2 Likes

Would love to take off like UCF! That would be fun.

Someones going to do it, might as well be us!

Winning solves everything.

1 Like

In the case of the SEC we’d quadruple our fanbase overnight from our own alumni base with the announcement. Not sure the Big 12 would be close to that. Either way there’d be a boost and a long term gain but keeping most of that “boast gain” again would be down to on field performance.

USFs campus stadium move has become a priority because they know, unlike the AAC, playing in the local NFL stadium is not acceptable to the P5 conferences. Pitt is an exception, not a rule.

2 Likes

FWIW, Hogan - aka Terry Eugene Bollea - only attended USF and dropped out when he thought playing bass guitar was his calling. Not even listed among alumni on Wiki.

On the other hand, this guy - born in NC - did get his diploma in Tampa:

515VeJy5jL__SX940_

1 Like

Seems to me he should be concerned with FAU, not FIU

2 Likes

I toured the “yard” at the naval academy this weekend. It’s an honor to be associated with this program and play regular football games vs the Midshipmen. I can’t wait to go back up there for a Niners game someday.

7 Likes

During today’s meeting, Stroman noted the current target is a seating capacity of approximately 35,000.

And they say they shouldn’t be comparing themselves to us. Ha ha ha

1 Like

It’s in the podcast thread but this excerpt I thought was relevant here:

There’s a short clip in the Tweet. Click above to listen.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MKellyUSF/status/1549479825118748672

USF is putting the finishing touches on its new IPF.

1 Like

We can do better…looks cheap

I’m surprised they don’t already have an IPF. Tampa’s weather is like Charlotte in August for much of the year.

I don’t think it looks that bad, and it is almost done. Ours is still just a handful of drawings: