AAC Facilities News 🏟️

hungry homer simpson GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

1 Like

Put the Halal Cart just off campus in there. Student attendance would double overnight :rofl:

1 Like

Am I the only non student food trunk junkie?

I could even run down a list of some of my faves in town, though some of them don’t appear to have survived Covid.

in general, I find food trucks overpriced and of mediocre quality. There are a few exceptions, but on the whole they’re underwhelming.

Halal cart is one of those exceptions. Would eat Halal Cart every day.

1 Like

Not sure how official sponsors Bojangles and Dominos would feel about it. Not sure how those deals are arranged.

1 Like

I know food trucks have been brought in for men’s soccer on occasion.

I haven’t had that. Most of the ones I have liked are closed. Pretty sure Tacos Rick-O is still going but last time I ate there it was parked Hoppers?

Tin Kitchen I think is still going too.

No good sandwich / burger ones left that I know of.

My brother in law owned a food truck in Raleigh.

I think some are good but as a whole I think many are overpriced and poor food considering the price. 10 years ago there were some really good ones - feels like food trucks have jumped the shark.

The best tacos ive ever had are at a food truck called taqueria medina. I havent seen the truck in a while but they have a brick and mortar too

1 Like

I used to frequent Papi Queso when I was downtown. They now have brick and mortar as well. Loved their Pig Mac grilled cheese sandwiches

2 Likes

I finally had Halal Cart after the FAU game. Damn that was good.

2 Likes

Wait - is that the same Halal Cart that is downtown? There is one in UCity now?

Has been for a few years. Not sure where they are now but I know they used to post up where grays was. Might still be there. I never really go by that intersection.

1 Like

It is in the old Grays parking lot. Was packed after the game Saturday.

If I remember correctly their sanitation grade sheet posted in the window had their official name as halal cart 001, so I assume there are more.

Whatever the case it was good.

1 Like

clt says memphis is being funded by the taxpayers, must be nice

1 Like

FWIW, stadium owned by the city of Memphis, as is the FedExForum. UofM is a tenant of both. That said, still nice for the Tigers!