Andrew Luck to stay for one more year at Stanford.

That’s b/c Andrew Luck is smarter than you.[/quote]

Oh Snap.

Let’s hope the NCAA decides to investigate Luck and Stanford! Someone needs to plant some rumors! Someone start sending him $$$!

Most mocks have Mallet and Gabbert ranked ahead of Newton. No chance the Panthers take Cam Newton with the #1 overall pick, especially with the character issues.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/07/1961575/no-hard-feelings-panthers.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/07/1961593/panthers-not-only-team-out-of.html

Even if the NFL plays next year, there’s still a good chance Carolina will finish dead last again.

Richardson’s not going to spend a lot of money for a short season or on replacements.

I think Luck made a good choice staying in college, they are returning alot of guys to that team and regardless of their coach’s situation they should be good again, maybe not champs, but good. I was a little optimistic of getting luck, but given our previous tenures of draft day I was expecting us to trade Overall numero uno for quantity instead of quality. We have not added a free agent in 2 yrs, so i highly doubt Richie wants to drop a ton of money on a rookie. I say screw 1st overall if we can get a lower 1st round, any extra 2nd and any 3rd round) pick (as of now we have none last I saw). I think we need some good players (emphasis on more than one) instead of one great, just my opinion. And personally I think the whole lockout thing is a joke, if it does happen, and even if replacements are used, however unlikely I doubt I will ever watch NFL again.

Correction I think we do get a 3rd for Peppers leaving, may be wrong however.

I bet Jerry Richardson feels like a numb nut for cheaping out on this season now. :o
But then again, maybe he doesn’t give a damn. :-*

Any chance to get a degree in any sort of engineering from Stanford and I would have stayed. Especially 1 year from graduation with a lot of returning players.

Smart guys always have backup plans.

Peyton didn’t win the national championship nor the heisman during his senior year. He essientially did what Luck did this year.[/quote]

Although it sucks for the Panthers, that’s immediately what I thought of. Peyton did come back to win both the NC and the Hesiman and won neither (and then UT won the NC the next year with Tee Martin at QB).

Peyton didn’t win the national championship nor the heisman during his senior year. He essientially did what Luck did this year.[/quote]

Although it sucks for the Panthers, that’s immediately what I thought of. Peyton did come back to win both the NC and the Hesiman and won neither (and then UT won the NC the next year with Tee Martin at QB).[/quote]

go peyton.

Do we go with the best available player or with our top need aside from quarter back? I know our defense is pretty good, but I think Daquan Bowers might be the next best thing now that Luck is not available. I think we need help at offensive line, but I don’t really know any offensive linemen.

I was thinking Bowers myself but alot of hype on him is that he plays when he wants to play, I hope that is not the case but we must shy away from another peppers, great player but if they decide to be done, we are done.

Harbough is now leaving maybe a mind change?

You think they gave up on Everett Brown? I would think Fairley from Auburn would fill the biggest need. Then maybe they can still get Cameron Heyward from OSU later.

[quote=“Normmm, post:55, topic:24716”]You think they gave up on Everett Brown? I would think Fairley from Auburn would fill the biggest need. Then maybe they can still get Cameron Heyward from OSU later.[/quote]if we go to a 3-4 scheme, I think Brown would do better as a blitzing LB.

That’s just it though, with the new rookie cap coming he will be paying whatever the rookie max is set at. Sam Bradford got the last of the mega rookie contracts. I’ll be surprised if this year’s #1 pick gets more than 25% of what Bradford got. So whoever it is was, that’s the money they’re going to get; Luck, Bowers, Green, or somebody else.

If the Panthers don’t get a FA quarterback and need one via the draft, that’s a good strategy. Trade the #1 pick for a Top 10 pick and also get at least 2 more picks, say a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder. Somebody will bite, and you get a lot of young talent.

Not 100% sure but last I heard from various radio talk shows is that the number one this year is still in the guaranteed of a ton of money (50+ million) and the rookie cap had nothing to do with it this year, however I would love to see it WAY lower, I do not think a guy walking out of college should make that amount of money, we have to fill out some key positions for now and the future, I just dont see the point in using the number one overall when we could have around 3 more decent / good picks and start checking off some much needed refills. Richardson already stated he wasnt interested in trading number one, but I am thinking that may change. But then again Him and Marty were never really draft Guru’s

Under Hurney, first round picks have been solid. It’s the rounds after that we should worry about. As we’ve seen not having a first rounder in three years.

That’s just it though, with the new rookie cap coming he will be paying whatever the rookie max is set at. Sam Bradford got the last of the mega rookie contracts. I’ll be surprised if this year’s #1 pick gets more than 25% of what Bradford got. So whoever it is was, that’s the money they’re going to get; Luck, Bowers, Green, or somebody else.

If the Panthers don’t get a FA quarterback and need one via the draft, that’s a good strategy. Trade the #1 pick for a Top 10 pick and also get at least 2 more picks, say a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder. Somebody will bite, and you get a lot of young talent.[/quote]

#1 pick has no trade value without the marquee player. Looking at this draft class, this was about the worst year to have the #1 pick in recent memory.