ANYONE WHO WILL BE ON CAMPUS - PLEASE READ!

sigh

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;254218]Your the president… just claim he has WMDs or something… everyone will turn on him then[/QUOTE]
Crap! You beat me to it… Does the SGA prez have power to declare war on terrorist cells?

The person in charge of the guys selling subscriptions has been made aware of this. She was calling the guy now.

[QUOTE=missy49er;254224]The person in charge of the guys selling subscriptions has been made aware of this. She was calling the guy now.[/QUOTE]

Evidently they don’t hire the brightest individuals. Even if you were given permission to do this, if you just think about for one second, you’d realize it was a dumb idea. Hope she sets him straight.

If missy ran the Observer, nothing like this could ever possibly occur.

[QUOTE=VA49er;254225]Evidently they don’t hire the brightest individuals. Even if you were given permission to do this, if you just think about for one second, you’d realize it was a dumb idea. Hope she sets him straight.[/QUOTE]

– MGR: “When you go back to the UNC Charlotte campus on Tuesday, please don’t take the UNC-CH hats with you, a few people appear to be bothered by them.”

– REP: “Well, how 'bout if I take some Charlotte basketball hats?”

– MGR: "Yeah, thats a good idea. We really need to get rid of those orange hats. The students should be happier, too. At least its a Charlotte team.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;254227]-- MGR: "Yeah, thats a good idea. We really need to get rid of those orange hats. The students should be happier, too. At least its a Charlotte team.[/QUOTE]
But Mike keeps saying that Crap Hole Hill is a Charlotte team too so that doesn’t make sense…

Anyone let the Chancellor know? We all have seen what big of a fan he is of the Observer and he seems to be in denial at times about the identity crisis. I say that be our focus of attention now that we have completely bomb shelled the O salesman.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;254228]But Mike keeps saying that Crap Hole Hill is a Charlotte team too so that doesn’t make sense…[/QUOTE]

Actually I think you need to loosen your bowtie (so what if its the only way I could work in a Chevy reference). You were the one silly enough to use Mike’s name and the word “sense” in the same sentence.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;254230]Anyone let the Chancellor know? We all have seen what big of a fan he is of the Observer and he seems to be in denial at times about the identity crisis. I say that be our focus of attention now that we have completely bomb shelled the O salesman.[/QUOTE]

chancellor doesn’t care.

he’s happy Tarheel gear was making its rounds on campus. Afterall, isn’t our affiliation with “UNC” what attracts his professors to UNCC???

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;254227]-- MGR: “When you go back to the UNC Charlotte campus on Tuesday, please don’t take the UNC-CH hats with you, a few people appear to be bothered by them.”

– MGR: "Yeah, thats a good idea. We really need to get rid of those orange hats. The students should be happier, too. At least its a Charlotte team.[/QUOTE]

More like…

– MGR: “Yeah, thats a good idea, but I’ve looked all over the Charlotte area and can’t find any 49er gear. Let’s just give out those Tarheel hats we got from Wal Mart.”

Thinking back on it, when I was a student I bought a subscription to the Observer and they gave me a pretty cool Niner shirt. It had the old school norm on the front left chest, and on the back it had something like, “Charlotte Observer- I get it before the sun rises” or something like that. Why not just do that??

[QUOTE=metro;254233]chancellor doesn’t care.

he’s happy Tarheel gear was making its rounds on campus. Afterall, isn’t our affiliation with “UNC” what attracts his professors to UNCC???[/QUOTE]

i agree about the chancellor.

I think the Athletic Dept. and Athletic Foundation need to be BOMBARDED beyond belief on this subject.

Sad part is it will likely take 9105 people showing up for a game in pale blue before any aggressive marketing tactics are deployed.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;254235] It had the old school norm on the front left chest, and on the back it had something like, “Charlotte Observer- I get it before the sun rises” or something like that. Why not just do that??[/QUOTE]

Mine said “I get it every morning.”…but didn’t have Norm. At least IT WAS GREEN with white printing.

[QUOTE=metro;254175]supposedly there is a formula that works- when determining what age you can reasonably have a realistic shot at it:
1/2 your age plus 7[/QUOTE]
Trust me… That is a “SLIDING SCALE”… HP & BDD is a prime example.

Now… on to the main topic.

I can only say I am NOT surprised.

This sh1t has to stop sooner or later. The sooner the better.

I can date 19 year olds, sweet.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;254235]Thinking back on it, when I was a student I bought a subscription to the Observer and they gave me a pretty cool Niner shirt. It had the old school norm on the front left chest, and on the back it had something like, “Charlotte Observer- I get it before the sun rises” or something like that. Why not just do that??[/QUOTE]
Seriously… We received more respect from the Observer back in the 70s (even BEFORE we went to the Final 4) than we do today.

Sad part is it will likely take 9105 people showing up for a game in pale blue before any aggressive marketing tactics are deployed.

You know, that’d be a funny thing to do. We all wear pale blue shirts over green shirts, and for the first half we hold up signs that say, “We thought we went to UNC.” or “We support our big brother school!”

Of course, we’d take off the shirts and reveal our green stuff by the second half.

You know, that'd be a funny thing to do. We all wear pale blue shirts over green shirts, and for the first half we hold up signs that say, "We thought we went to UNC." or "We support our big brother school!"

Of course, we’d take off the shirts and reveal our green stuff by the second half.

you could make phil dubois masks with popsicle sticks!

however, i don’t see why were getting upset. Its taken 30+ years to get our entrance sign fixed, and that hasn’t even happened yet! I know high schools with better entrance signs. This school cares nothing about its image.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;254230]Anyone let the Chancellor know? [/QUOTE]

CHANCELLOR DUBOIS! CHANCELLOR DUBOIS!

Someone is giving away Chapel Hill hats for newspaper subscriptions on OUR campus! It’s horrible! Its…its…

Oh never mind.

[ATTACH]991[/ATTACH]