Assistant coaches for Sanchez

Good to hear…now land withers, williams, gantt and nickleberry. No pressure.

Another note; whoever ends up beating the 3rd assistant, if they are not an active NCAA coach they are bound by none of the NCAAs many recruiting rules.

As hectic as this process has been, Dinkins could already be “on the job” for us doing the grey area stuff we’ve needed someone to do for a long time, and by the books.

Do we know who the 3rd assistant may be or did I miss something?

Who is the third Assistant?

Quite a cryptic message, 2K. Is the third asst Dinkins?

clt says it could be lutz

Epic troll job by 2k. Everyone waiting to hear if Dink or not and all he gives is a 3rd assistant is signed. Well done sir.

I’m guessing they had a back-up plan for Dinkins and pulled the trigger late last night.

If Moss knows who the new Assistant is, it would probably not be a good move to scoop Mike Hill in making the announcement. We have seen how this works, there will be a story on Charlotte49ers.com to announce it. I hope this indicates a desire to turn that site into the well-organized place to go for Niner news. Well, well-organized is just my dream.

Wasn’t in the room so I can’t confirm. :upside_down_face:

I guess the 2K exclaimer should be made clear whenever it’s used. I assume like most I don’t normally catch the headlines outside of NNN, so I don’t know when plublic news is being shared vs an inside scoop that isn’t announced yet.

I’ve shared nothing other than assistants are all on board.

Maybe everyone is right here.

Dink could very well be giving his school 20 days while also operating in the grey until everything becomes official which is why they don’t mind it taking so long to ink a 3rd assistant.

It is my hope this is the case.

1 Like

If it is Dinkins, does that mean we won’t hear anything for 20 days?

2k, “wasn’t in the room so you can’t confirm”… so once again, you state you heard or may possibly know, but you wait for it to be officially announced. So what’s the point of telling us you know something? Why worry about sharing what may or may not be the case if you can’t ever be the first to report. I’m confused why you are being so tight lipped on stuff.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t necessarily mean that, but it could.

If he just up and leaves tomorrow, that’s potentially angering a local school with good basketball connections, and damages his ability to get a job in the future. Legally, nobody can stop him though, especially in a private school setting. I think he’d be just fine regardless, but you never know. My point was framing the 20 day window that generally exists in education as a good thing.

I don’t think Dink would be pursuing this to get another college job. This is speculation, but I think this is really the only college job he’d be very interested in, which is why I think it would behoove him not to piss a bunch of people off in local schools.

Again this is speculation that it is Dinkins. If so, could they not make a public announcement and he still work his 20 day notice

That’s was a joke.

Assistant is a done deal. It’ll come out when it comes out.

Not cryptic at all. It’s all done. I’m just not stating the name.

Right, but expounding by saying something like “it should be announced soon”, or something to the effect, helps everyone understand when it’s a scoop of news to leak soon or actually sharing something publicly known. I always assume I missed a headline somewhere, unless otherwise stated.