Assistant coaches for Sanchez

From November 2016:

I like it.

Who else? Spill the beans people!

Think he can get Josh Price to reconsider Charlotte? :joy:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/langstonwertzjr/status/980588177286160384

Interesting. Has some FIBA experience as well as ties to Cali.

Looks like a good hire. Good young recruiter that knows how to coach the UVA system. Looks like we’re going to be playing some defense next year!

Well, we’ll at least try. Keep in mind we still have the same group of players. Hopefully their defensive shortcomings were mostly due to scheme, but I suspect we’ll still struggle defensively next year.

So much of defense is just desire and heart. We will see if Sanchez can stoke that.

+1 NWA, he’s gotta be able to get them to want to play

1 Like

I didn’t realize that former 49er Assistant Orlando Vandross was on the UVA staff. I am not suggesting Vandross is coming here, just pointing out that it really is a small world.

Hill hired and worked with former 49er Coach Amanda Butler, and Sanchez worked with former 49er Asst Coach Vandross. Both jumped at the chance to come to Charlotte. Maybe we are a better job than we think.

Charlotte is a great job, especially w/ the new AD.

1 Like

What’s the latest on assistants since Sfera?

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liberty_university/liberty-assistant-basketball-coach-joining-longtime-friend-at-unc-charlotte/article_fe32b2c4-361e-520a-abb3-3aa4c3c0d67b.html

Official announcement:

When do you think he will fill out his staff?

Kotie kimble on board too according to evan daniels.

1 Like

Sounds like Kimble will bring more offensive, expertise, to Charlotte.

Link to Kimble’s bio page:

William & Mary Men’s Basketball - Coaching Staff: Kotie Kimble

So I’ve watched Kotie many a year at W&M (my other alma mater). It’s not difficult to see how much Shaver relied on and trusted in him. It should be noted that the Tribe was the best shooting team in the nation (no, seriously, THE best); however, I’ve seen traffic cones play better defense.

Seems like we might play offense and defense then :man_shrugging: