Baseball Week 13- at Rice (CUSA TV)

No argument there. Still doesn’t change the fact that having to possibly do this, will hurt our rep—atleast in the short term…of course winning the regional would wash most of that away.

Our rep is as high as it has ever been. Everything is moving in the right direction.

1 Like

It won’t hurt our rep hosting a regional, that this was a possibility wasn’t on anyone’s radar. It just won’t help it as much hosting at Gastonia as it would on campus.

You are right, we should have been ready and need to be ready to host ASAP. I think we have a chance for some sustained success in baseball. Let’s enjoy this moment if it happens, Rice just went up 8-5 B3, we’ve still got some work to do get this opportunity.

1 Like

It may be, but Average Joe who tunes in only for the post season which is MOST people…will just think "poor little Charlotte must have a tiny little ballpark ".

Average Joe is going to assume that anyway since we’re not a P5. The good news is Joe isn’t very bright and won’t remember what he saw by the next day.

Anyway, he’s too busy managing his massive stockpile of toilet paper and gasoline.

3 Likes

Average Joe is just mad because he has a tiny, little…

2 Likes

Lost game 1 of the DH 11-8. Gotta get game 2 with questionable weather tomorrow. Lindsey on the mound.

McCabe was on deck to pinch hit when the game ended, so that’s some good news moving forward.

1 Like

The loss didn’t hurt RPI too much…only dropped to 19th for the moment

Just a little too interesting in the second game today, but the job is done!

1 Like

Uville I absolutely love the passion. We can’t do much about this year but you are right we need to right this wrong as quickly as possible. Time for supporters of the program (including this guy) to step up to the plate to make these improvements happen. Go Niners!

6 Likes

Regular season champ of a four bid league, how about that?

5 Likes

I still can’t believe that 8th inning!! The play by play doesn’t do it justice. We dug ourselves a hole and then got out of it. Bases loaded, 1 out, we bring in 5 infielders and cut the runner down at home. Then get another grounder to get out of it unscathed!!

4 Likes

ricky bobby idk GIF

2 Likes

Hah yup, I tried not to go negative but thought we were toast. That was another gritty tough W. I love watching this team.

3 Likes

Me too…I thought we were done…best “save,” of the year.

1 Like

Pulled a Reverse Niner

1 Like
2 Likes

As great of a season as it has been, there is still one very concerning issue…pitching. After losing a rain shortened game today, we will be 6-2 ,in our last 8 games…but we were super close to being 4-4 or worse, due to so-so pitching and this was 8 games vs. 2 of the bottom tier teams in the league. Specifically, we have GOT to learn how to get off the field after getting 2 outs. Prime example is today at Rice in the first inning. We get the first 2 batters out,. So, with no one on base and 2 outs, Rice scores 6 runs. The only runs of the day…this has become a bad trend lately, but this was the worst example…my impression is our guys sometimes let off/relax after getting 2 outs and seem to hope or expect the batters to chase pitches outside of the zone. If they don’t, before you know it, they have a baserunner and the trouble starts. Almost all of our recent instances of this have begun with a walk.

1 Like

Agreed. Our pitching has to be sharper for the conference and NCAA tournaments. We seem to be able to score runs, but have been giving up a lot due to the number of free passes given.

I hope we can get McCabe back healthy too. I assume Pilolli is out for the season.