Battery powered trimmers and blowers

How long do you take to mow?

0 Likes

It takes me about 45 minutes to mow. I still had plenty of battery left. I also have a blower by them with 2 60 Volt 2Ah batteries.

0 Likes

Oh, and it was also on sale for 399. It it normally 499.

0 Likes

Did you use all the batteries for the 45 minutes of run time.?

0 Likes

Was it the Greenworks Pro 60V?

GW 60V:

Snapper 60V:

I was eyeballing that GW one, but I ended up getting the Snapper 60V, which looks to be a rebrand of the non-self propelled Greenworks 60V. Paid $249 for it w/ 4 AH battery at Walmart. It’s weird coming off a gas mower, but it cuts well. Despite having a steel deck, it’s really light, and yes plenty of juice when I was done. Really liking it so far.

0 Likes

NA. WHO HAS YOU TRAPPED? ARE YOU OK? Asking for a friend.

0 Likes

Nah, I used 1 of my 60 volt 2Ah battery since the one included needed charging.

0 Likes

Yes. I went with Greenworks since I have their blower. Nice to be able to interchange batteries if needed.

0 Likes

I have 1st Gen GW blower and trimmer. Still going strong after 10 years but batteries aren’t interchangeable with new stuff or I would have done same.

0 Likes

I thought the same thing. Seemed to bounce around a little bit especially when I hit a bare spot in my back yard from the dogs.

0 Likes

I noticed that too. Some tradeoffs.

Another one:

If the conversion formula I found is correct, this is the relative power of these mowers:

60 volt-ampere = 0.08046 hp

Yet, there’s no pushback from compression, so that little bit of power is plenty. You feel it though, in your hands. It’s nowhere near as much of a shake / rattle sensation. Which is actually kinda nice, but takes some real getting used to. Feels a bit like a toy TBH, but it works fine.

0 Likes

clt says 4 cycle for life!

0 Likes

All that vibration is actually not good for people over extended periods and may be even worse for diabetics. I think the basic idea is that is can cause nerve damage and is much easier to have that damage in diabetics.

0 Likes