Battery powered trimmers and blowers

How long do you take to mow?

It takes me about 45 minutes to mow. I still had plenty of battery left. I also have a blower by them with 2 60 Volt 2Ah batteries.

Oh, and it was also on sale for 399. It it normally 499.

Did you use all the batteries for the 45 minutes of run time.?

Was it the Greenworks Pro 60V?

GW 60V:

Snapper 60V:

I was eyeballing that GW one, but I ended up getting the Snapper 60V, which looks to be a rebrand of the non-self propelled Greenworks 60V. Paid $249 for it w/ 4 AH battery at Walmart. It’s weird coming off a gas mower, but it cuts well. Despite having a steel deck, it’s really light, and yes plenty of juice when I was done. Really liking it so far.

NA. WHO HAS YOU TRAPPED? ARE YOU OK? Asking for a friend.

Nah, I used 1 of my 60 volt 2Ah battery since the one included needed charging.

Yes. I went with Greenworks since I have their blower. Nice to be able to interchange batteries if needed.

I have 1st Gen GW blower and trimmer. Still going strong after 10 years but batteries aren’t interchangeable with new stuff or I would have done same.

I thought the same thing. Seemed to bounce around a little bit especially when I hit a bare spot in my back yard from the dogs.

I noticed that too. Some tradeoffs.

Another one:

If the conversion formula I found is correct, this is the relative power of these mowers:

60 volt-ampere = 0.08046 hp

Yet, there’s no pushback from compression, so that little bit of power is plenty. You feel it though, in your hands. It’s nowhere near as much of a shake / rattle sensation. Which is actually kinda nice, but takes some real getting used to. Feels a bit like a toy TBH, but it works fine.

clt says 4 cycle for life!

All that vibration is actually not good for people over extended periods and may be even worse for diabetics. I think the basic idea is that is can cause nerve damage and is much easier to have that damage in diabetics.

My 10+ year gas mower is starting to show signs of death. It’s been a great mower but I’m considering electric once it finally stops working. Do the electic mowers do well in taller grass?

Get a higher voltage mower for taller grass and buy an extra battery. They will cut tall or dense grass, but they eat the battery at like 2x the normal rate.

Mine continuously adjusts the blade speed based on resistance and you can tell when its running at the 2x rate (its louder).

It takes me around 5 hours to trim everything in our yard that I can’t get with the mower. I can’t feel anything in my hands for about that long afterwards.

Once we move we’ll have a much smaller yard and I’ll be able to sell our gas-powered lawn equipment and get electric stuff, and it can’t happen soon enough.

1 Like

I spend about 20 minutes trimming and just bought a DeWalt air blower that uses the same battery. I can get all of that done on one 9 A*hr charge. It is so nice to not deal with the gas engines now.