Be careful on Campus

There are seriously 40 officers? I’ve only seen like 4 or 5 different officers. Hell, they only have 4 cars!

Hell, they only have 4 cars!

one with dubs!

tru, when a youth is raised in a disadvantaged, poverty stricked neighborhood, chances of making it past 21 is only 50%

youth that has gang ties only 22%

22%! thats 1 in 5. Someone should tell those kids that outta the 10 of them who though they were badasses, only 2 of them will make it to the age of the kid they jumped.

But Im all for youth outreach. I think if a kid is guided right, and realizes the dangers of gang affiliation and realizes there is another way out of the ghetto, I think that child can be saved.

But when you have parents who indirectly endorse gang life, by teaching hatred or suspicion towards police, denying and lying to police that your kid does anything wrong, not growing up yourself and taking resposibility, and not working hard and getting out of the ghetto, the kids got no other choice.

Instead they should be told that not having the newest pair of Jordans now is ok, and that when your older and your a Lawyer who defends the disadvataged, you will be able to buy whatever you want. or if you think the police are corrupt, then grow up to be an officer and fix the problems.

And I know someone is gonna say something about how hard it is and how you cant get a job and how discrimmination affects the people living in the ghettos…

… my parents, infact most of my family, came from India with NOTHING. They did not even speak english.

Now all of us live in suburban homes, drive nice cars and all their kids are in college.

There is NO excuse.

It’s all welfare. Blame it on welfare and no programs to get people out of it.

It's all welfare. Blame it on welfare and no programs to get people out of it.

Program to get people out of it:

1. Get Job
  2. Work very hard
  3. Pay bills
Program to get people out of it: 1. Get Job 2. Work very hard 3. Pay bills

People on welfare are lazy. They’re not going to get a job. Why get a job if you have everything for free? There should be penalties.

People on welfare are lazy. They're not going to get a job. Why get a job if you have everything for free? There should be penalties.

Agreed… most people.

Well there should be a limited period of time someone can stay on welfare.

Or

the welfare office should closely monitor how the recepient is applying for jobs. Maybe even apply with the welfare officer, so the officer can see if there is any effort. Of course then we rely on judgement of the officer.

The welfare system can work, just needs to be better handled. For one, I dont know how people get away with no having a job for years at a time…

Dont tell me there arent any jobs in NC. Companies are closing down and leaving because they cant keep employment or cant fulfill all positions, which then the employees leave cause its too hard.

Crap on Mexicans/immigrants as much as you want, but most of them dont care what kinda job they are working, they just work. I cant tell you how many time people quit their jobs at Old Navy, because its too hard, or they dont like the manager. Im not talking students, im talkin adults. With families. Cant make a damn sacrifice, because they think tommorow will be a better day. Go live in Indonesia for a year, see how much better the day gets tommorow.

OLD NAVY Are you serious? I work there on occasion, and have found it to be a welcomed retreat from the rigorous academic challeges.

Well there should be a limited period of time someone can stay on welfare.

there is.

It doesnt explain how people stay on welfare soo long though. Im sure there is some kind of limit, but somehow people are by passing it or something.

Im talking about, a very strict amount of time. Like you will get 6 months of Welfare, no more. As in you use only three, find a job, get fired, you only have 3 left.

Maybe only allowing a person to get on welfare once or twice.

Isnt that why it was made? So a person who loses a job, not gets fired, can stay on there feet till they find another?

Im not saying get rid of Welfare, it is a good system, especially for the lower income bracket, because thats where losing a job for even a couple weeks can mean no food on the table.

I know this will sound, very, very bigbrother style, utopian or maybe even commie, but putting some kind of regulation on making babies or something. It sounds stupid, and probably cant ever be accomplished, but I think if people had to go down to an office to apply for babies, kinda like buying a house, we could make sure no broke asses could be reproducing and putting a drain on our society. I think I saw this mentioned in a movie… Starship troopers maybe, where they had to get special permission to have a baby.

Of couse like I said, its kinda ridcolous, and there are tons of holes in it. Just a thought though. As much as I like freedom, I think I can live with a stripped liberties if it makes my life in general better.

I dunno, thats ramble for you

It doesnt explain how people stay on welfare soo long though. Im sure there is some kind of limit, but somehow people are by passing it or something.

Welfare, or Work First as it is called in North Carolina, is no longer a federally administered program. in 1994, the federal system evolved to a partially federally funded program administered and governed by states. the state of north carolina then gave counties, with state oversight, authority to administer their own programs. i can’t tell you what meck county stipulates but if you call your county administrator’s office they’ll tell you. for the most part work first requires recipients to sign a contract with the county requiring them to do 40 hours of work or training each week. they usually can’t receive benefits for longer than 6 months. the loophole in most counties is for single parents with children under the age of 5. that is the only way you can receive support for more than a set time limit. these rules breed the phenom known as “welfare mothers” or mothers who intentionally get pregnant so they can continue to receive support. attempts to close those loopholes led to court challenges from the aclu and christian conservative orgs because the aclu saw it as an infringement of one’s privacy and the conservative groups argued that it was gov’t endorsed contraception, would force abortions and that it was a gov’t attempt to limit the # of children born per family.

For the record, Section 8 does not mean “free” housing.

the loophole in most counties is for single parents with children under the age of 5. that is the only way you can receive support for more than a set time limit. these rules breed the phenom known as "welfare mothers" or mothers who intentionally get pregnant so they can continue to receive support.

That whole thing explained alot. That specifically shows how lazy people are… laying on your back…

For the record, Section 8 does not mean "free" housing.

You are correct sir. In fact, section 8 gives a set amount to live with, but you can pay out of your own pocket in addition to section 8

We own lots of houses, and we actually prefer Section 8. If they dont pay, Section takes care of it, by I believe cutting them off, or reducing their amount. But its a win win for us because Section 8 makes their recepients live like humans, not animals. So no more chasing people around in court.

The only downside to Section 8 is that a good majority of the people we have dealt with are low lives, who live pay check to pay check, and arent really trying to make it. Most of these people have these huge tv’s and stereos, mustangs etc
They can afford these things because there working at jobs where alot of their money is not reported, such as tips. Because they sure as hell dont have credit…

I’ve heard of people being bothered on the fringes of campus, but the library is in the middle.
Don’t these Jr. High & High School punks have anything better to do than to join a gang & harass people?

I've heard of people being bothered on the fringes of campus, but the library is in the middle. Don't these Jr. High & High School punks have anything better to do than to join a gang & harass people?

Literally no. Since a lot of people think schools are responsible for raising their kids, when school is out… well, there you go.

And people get upset about racism and descrimination. Where do you think it comes from? Oh boo hoo hoo. My ancestors this, and my ancestors that. Yea well my ancestors were Scots-Irish. Everyone hated the Irish and gave them crap back in the day, but they got jobs and out of the ghetto somehow. The Scottish were raped and attacked over and over by the English. Am I supposed to hold a grudge against the English and ask for money for the wrongs they did to my acestors so many generations ago? Boo hoo hoo, ‘the man’ put crack in the ghetto. Yea, well he didnt make you smoke it did he? Im 16 and can’t feed my 3 kids I had by more than one man out of wedlock. My babies’ daddies won’t help. Ever heard of a freakin condum?

What the fu(k is wrong with these people today? Looking at what those kids did to that man seriously pissed me off. Im just angry. I dont really have any answers. All I know is we need to reform welfair and stuff like it badly.

Oh and for the guy who said it, I really like gangsta rap haha. If these kids’ parents would smack them into line, the gangsta rap would not be blaimed. Same with video games, violent movies, violent tv, etc.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that some people may be offended by what I have said. Well, for the record, I am not racist. Many of my best friends are not the same race as me. Chris Rock has said stuff a lot like what I just said.

I’m more offended by your assault on the english language:biggrin:

That whole thing explained alot. That specifically shows how lazy people are... laying on your back....

it should be noted however that studies show this is an incredibly rare occurance.

49or bust, don’t apologize. If that’s the way you feel, then stick to your guns.
You have the right to freedom of speech.
Too many people get offended these days.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;183217]49or bust, don’t apologize. If that’s the way you feel, then stick to your guns.
You have the right to freedom of speech.
Too many people get offended these days.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

At the very least suspicious people should be questioned about what they are doing on campus, especially if they are in groups. During the summer I see kids playing basketball on the RDH courts and they don’t look like students.

Though that would probably go under profiling these days. :rollseyes: