Bobby Lutz:Is he still on Charlotte's payroll?

Interesting to go back and watch/listen to the presser. Wonder how they feel theyā€™ve done with their selection of Major to this point as far as ā€œachieving stated goalsā€ and the criteria that the Chancellor listed.[/quote]Yep, Dubois made it noted about NCAA credits.

As a matter of tact Iā€™d recommend sending her an email or give her a phone call. Approaching her at a sporting event would be classless.[/quote]

At first I thought this went right over your head AGAIN. Then I realized you have no way of knowing this, so Iā€™ll quickly explain. Judy does not usually attend our baseball games (not saying that is good or bad, itā€™s just a fact). Nice cheap shot though.

And just so youā€™ll know, I personally would never approach Judy about this; but if someone else did take this approach, I would see nothing wrong with it. Shoot, with all your connections, why donā€™t you ask her. ::slight_smile:

Approaching Judy in a public forum is fine but griping about something at a place where she comes to mingle and support our teams is not good etiquette at all. Itā€™s the equivalent to talking to a coworker about an issue you have in the company cafeteria at lunch.

Iā€™d like to know how many people who are griping about the Lutz extension went to Judy when it happened? If you didnā€™t complain about it then, you have no business complaining about it now. If you just came on NNN to complain about it then shame on you.

Iā€™m not a fan of the extension myself but letā€™s focus on what we can change. Complaining on NNN are about the least effective way to make anything happen and amounts to water cooler talk at best.

As a matter of tact Iā€™d recommend sending her an email or give her a phone call. Approaching her at a sporting event would be classless.[/quote]

At first I thought this went right over your head AGAIN. Then I realized you have no way of knowing this, so Iā€™ll quickly explain. Judy does not usually attend our baseball games (not saying that is good or bad, itā€™s just a fact). Nice cheap shot though.

And just so youā€™ll know, I personally would never approach Judy about this; but if someone else did take this approach, I would see nothing wrong with it. Shoot, with all your connections, why donā€™t you ask her. ::)[/quote]

Who ever said I had connections? I knew exactly what you were implying. If I ever had any gripes with Judy I sure as hell wouldnā€™t air them with her at a sporting event.

And just so youā€™ll know, I personally would never approach Judy about this; but if someone else did take this approach, I would see nothing wrong with it. Shoot, with all your connections, why donā€™t you ask her. ::)[/quote]

Who ever said I had connections? I knew exactly what you were implying. If I ever had any gripes with Judy I sure as hell wouldnā€™t air them with her at a sporting event.[/quote]

Mike, keep in mind that some people post here when they are obviously drunk and irrational. :-X

Who ever said I had connections? I knew exactly what you were implying. If I ever had any gripes with Judy I sure as hell wouldnā€™t air them with her at a sporting event.[/quote]

So then when? I mean if you are a $250 donor she sinā€™t going to meet you in her office, you arenā€™t going to see her at a big alumni event because you wonā€™t be invited - so the only time you are going to see her is public events like games and maybe a press conference. So when in your mind is appropriate? For what it is worth I have talked to her at games, press conferences, receptions and she has always been pleasant and answered questions I had to the best of her ability.

So then when? I mean if you are a $250 donor she sinā€™t going to meet you in her office, you arenā€™t going to see her at a big alumni event because you wonā€™t be invited - so the only time you are going to see her is public events like games and maybe a press conference. So when in your mind is appropriate? For what it is worth I have talked to her at games, press conferences, receptions and she has always been pleasant and answered questions I had to the best of her ability.[/quote]

If you are having one on one conversations with her and being diplomatic (as it sounds like you are) then all is good. I want to discourage people from seeking her out at sporting events just for the sake of airing a grievance. Email is a great way to contact her and Iā€™d expect Judy to be open to phone calls as well.

Not a fan of negative energy and I donā€™t mind sticking my neck out to try to move conversations towards proactive and positive change. The Lutz contract extension is long gone, over with, done. We canā€™t change it. If people want Judy gone hereā€™s the Chancellorā€™s email address: [font=georgia]pdubois@uncc.edu[/font] and hereā€™s a link to the online giving page of the 49er Club. http://www.charlotte49ers.com/donor/DonorWelcome.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200.

So then when? I mean if you are a $250 donor she sinā€™t going to meet you in her office, you arenā€™t going to see her at a big alumni event because you wonā€™t be invited - so the only time you are going to see her is public events like games and maybe a press conference. So when in your mind is appropriate? For what it is worth I have talked to her at games, press conferences, receptions and she has always been pleasant and answered questions I had to the best of her ability.[/quote]

If you are having one on one conversations with her and being diplomatic (as it sounds like you are) then all is good. I want to discourage people from seeking her out at sporting events just for the sake of airing a grievance. Email is a great way to contact her and Iā€™d expect Judy to be open to phone calls as well.[/quote]

No one said they were going to air grievances with her, and like I stated, I was not serious when I stated I wanted to ask her at a baseball game. I was only alluding to the fact she does not attend our baseball games (you seem sorta slow in understanding some of this, so I will keep repeating). And before you go putting words in my mouth, I have had quite a few codial conversations with Judy dating all the way back to our CUSA days and no grievances were discussed.

Now, about you having connectionsā€¦ I take it your sarcasm meter was not plugged in. No, of course I do not think you have connections, but I have noticed you sometimes like to PRETEND you do.

Ok, carry on.

I have the same 1st name as her husband. Does that count as a connection? :))

Thereā€™s a tactful way to do it if youā€™re going to do that route. Some have it, others clearly donā€™t.

I have only met her a couple of times at a few events and always found her friendly. I know some think sheā€™s evil control freak and out to destroy our athletic department while others have a hard time seeing any faults in her. Sheā€™s a polarizing figure to many, thatā€™s for sure. I generally have no real beef with her and no I havenā€™t agreed with every decision sheā€™s made.

Whenever I have felt the need to complain about a decision or express a concern, I sent her an email and always got a reply. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s true of everyone and I have no ā€œinsideā€ connections or any of that to know how she is in private.

I donā€™t know Judy. Never met her before. But Iā€™ve had several conversations with her via email over a number of things iā€™ve had questions/concerns with regarding the basketball program (most recently our radio deal).

She has always gone way above and beyond in answering the questions i had in the most thoughtful way possible. It shocked me honestly, especially considering some of the things iā€™ve heard about her and her general attitude towards the base.

I donā€™t know Judy. Never met her before. But Iā€™ve had several conversations with her via email over a number of things iā€™ve had questions/concerns with regarding the basketball program (most recently our radio deal).

She has always gone way above and beyond in answering the questions i had in the most thoughtful way possible. It shocked me honestly, especially considering some of the things iā€™ve heard about her and her general attitude towards the base.[/quote]

Oh no doubt both she and Phil are great via email. My point was if you wanted to talk to her face to face and you arenā€™t a high dollar donor the only way to do it is at a sporting event. So a notion that it is improper to talk to her at these events is insane. She is there and she runs athletics and you are a paying customer. I donā€™t see a single issue with talking about matters in those settings.

She has always gone way above and beyond in answering the questions i had in the most thoughtful way possible. It shocked me honestly, especially considering some of the things iā€™ve heard about her and her general attitude towards the base.[/quote]

Oh no doubt both she and Phil are great via email. My point was if you wanted to talk to her face to face and you arenā€™t a high dollar donor the only way to do it is at a sporting event. So a notion that it is improper to talk to her at these events is insane. She is there and she runs athletics and you are a paying customer. I donā€™t see a single issue with talking about matters in those settings.[/quote]

I have spoken to her a couple of times at Pics after a basketball game and she could not have been nicer. Granted itā€™s not a sporting event, but still she was very cordial.

Oh no doubt both she and Phil are great via email. My point was if you wanted to talk to her face to face and you arenā€™t a high dollar donor the only way to do it is at a sporting event. So a notion that it is improper to talk to her at these events is insane. She is there and she runs athletics and you are a paying customer. I donā€™t see a single issue with talking about matters in those settings.[/quote]

I have spoken to her a couple of times at Pics after a basketball game and she could not have been nicer. Granted itā€™s not a sporting event, but still she was very cordial.[/quote]

Same here. The conversations Iā€™ve had with her have been very cordial.

Itā€™s funny how one little statement I made got so twisted around in one posterā€™s constant attempts to throw cheap shots at me.

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.php/archives/2013/04/09/lutz-interested-in-vacant-fgcu-position/

Lutz wants FGCU

[quote=ā€œdonkeyjaws, post:56, topic:27692ā€]http://www.statefansnation.com/index.php/archives/2013/04/09/lutz-interested-in-vacant-fgcu-position/

Lutz wants FGCU[/quote]

Their fans are hilarious. They s*** on us and Coach Lutz during his whole tenure, but now that heā€™s AHC and theyā€™ve massively underachieved for the past 2 years, State fans are sad if heā€™s leaving. Give me a f***ing break.

Why would Lutz go to FGC if heā€™s still on our payroll? He can try for a comparable head coaching job next year.

ā€¦unless he just wants to get out of Raleigh ASAP.

[quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:58, topic:27692ā€]Why would Lutz go to FGC if heā€™s still on our payroll? He can try for a comparable head coaching job next year.

ā€¦unless he just wants to get out of Raleigh ASAP.[/quote]

I donā€™t know how much assistants at NCSU make, but a HC job at a upper-level mid-major could be greater than his previous combined salary + assistant salary. Letā€™s assume he makes what our top assistant makes (I believe), which is $110k. His previous salary was $250k (I believe).

A head coaching gig could easily be >$360k. Didnā€™t Marshall make $900k at Wichita State this year?

[quote=ā€œeason49, post:59, topic:27692ā€][quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:58, topic:27692ā€]Why would Lutz go to FGC if heā€™s still on our payroll? He can try for a comparable head coaching job next year.

ā€¦unless he just wants to get out of Raleigh ASAP.[/quote]

I donā€™t know how much assistants at NCSU make, but a HC job at a upper-level mid-major could be greater than his previous combined salary + assistant salary. Letā€™s assume he makes what our top assistant makes (I believe), which is $110k. His previous salary was $250k (I believe).

A head coaching gig could easily be >$360k. Didnā€™t Marshall make $900k at Wichita State this year?[/quote]

Marshall made over $1.2M in base salary I think.