Bracketology - 2/24 (UPDATED)

The point I am trying to make is that Richmond is still Richmond. We should of never lost. And if Iā€™m not correct hasnā€™t St. Bonnie beat Richmond this year.

We were expected to beat Richmond at HOME.

And we were expected to beat them on the road.

Did we do both of these no.

The point Iā€™m trying to make is it looks bad when you have a loss to the team at the bottom of the conference. Same logic is used for the loss against Wake. It wasnā€™t at home, but we should of won. Losing to a team at the bottom of any conference hurts.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]If we could switch the result from either the Wake Forest or Richmond game and weā€™d be squarely on the bubble. As it stands, weā€™d need to win out and have every conference favorite win their tournament to sniff an at large. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Root hard for Temple to beat Duke, and Charlotte to win the A10 tournament. Thatā€™s the dream scenario where the A10 gets three teams. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Donā€™t we get an automatic if we win the conf. tourney? Maybe we could have coach tell Mitchell the tourneys in Memphis!

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;155869]These SI writers say we are in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/allstar/allstar_reunion.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks over40ā€¦Iā€™ve spent the last 15 minutes going clickā€¦clickā€¦clickā€¦clickā€¦

[QUOTE=NinerLove;155934]Thanks over40ā€¦Iā€™ve spent the last 15 minutes going clickā€¦clickā€¦clickā€¦clickā€¦[/QUOTE]

Yea. Those were some mighty fine articles. :smile:

Since when does a 20 win team in a major conf. not get in?
If we can win the last 4 games - including the away game @ #6 GW- there is no question about it- weā€™re in. UMass & GW will be good road winsā€¦St. Louis & Duquesne are MUST win home games. Even if we drop the game @ GW, weā€™ll be 19-10ā€¦we will have won 5 of 6 down the stretch headeing into the Tourney. Winning 2-3 games in the tourney will then be a must. Itā€™ll be close, but I think we get in. Just trying to stay positive!

we will have over a 20 win season whether before the tourney or while in the A10 tourney.

Since when does a 20 win team in a major conf. not get in? If we can win the last 4 games - including the away game @ #6 GW- there is no question about it- we're in. UMass & GW will be good road wins.....St. Louis & Duquesne are MUST win home games. Even if we drop the game @ GW, we'll be 19-10.....we will have won 5 of 6 down the stretch headeing into the Tourney. Winning 2-3 games in the tourney will then be a must. It'll be close, but I think we get in. Just trying to stay positive!

Just ask Memphis.

Just ask Memphis.

Yeah, if anyone thinks we havenā€™t really beaten anyone, take a look at Memphis that year. They played a terrible schedule, racked up a bunch of wins in doing so and still got denied. I think their fans are still bitter that we got in that year over them. :tongue:

[QUOTE=jcl49er;155949]I think their fans are still bitter that we got in that year over them. :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Oh, how sweet the memory.

After the road win at U Mass our RPI is now #97.

Interesting that we are 2nd in the conference,but we are 7th in the RPI in our conference:

George Washington #31
Saint Josephā€™s #47
Temple #62
Xavier #85
LaSalle #91
St. Louis #92
Charlotte #97

simple answer we lost our key OOC games which cost us RPI, and the fact that the teams that were going to help our RPI fell off also.

Once in a great while a team with an RPI in the 70ā€™s gets in with an at-large bid. Air Force did it two seasons ago. This has never happened to a team with an RPI of 100.

There is good news. We have a good chance of winning the A10 Tourneyā€¦ much better than any of us thought we had back in December.

Still trying to stay positive.

Over40 = Bandwagon leader :tongue:

Just kidding, strange karma is occurring.

[QUOTE=HP49er;156590]Over40 = Bandwagon leader :tongue:

Just kidding, strange karma is occurring.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™ve always been very positive about our chances on the floor.

Now, that local newspaper is another story altogether. :cuss:

I said ā€œkarma,ā€ not ā€œmiracles.ā€

[QUOTE=bhaley29;155938]Since when does a 20 win team in a major conf. not get in?
If we can win the last 4 games - including the away game @ #6 GW- there is no question about it- weā€™re in. UMass & GW will be good road winsā€¦St. Louis & Duquesne are MUST win home games. Even if we drop the game @ GW, weā€™ll be 19-10ā€¦we will have won 5 of 6 down the stretch headeing into the Tourney. Winning 2-3 games in the tourney will then be a must. Itā€™ll be close, but I think we get in. Just trying to stay positive![/QUOTE]

News Flash, A-10 is not a major conference, and this answer is easy. When you have no wins against teams that will get in the tournament, then that looks bad also. OOC schedule sucked for us, and In conference we have a bad loss to Richmond and two home losses to Xavier and St. Joes. We havenā€™t protected our home court losses to Valpo, Miss St., (You get the point). If we win out and donā€™t win the conference tournament this year then we will be OUT. Iā€™m not about to sound stupid and say if we make it to the tournament finals, then we are in. Sorry, but it wonā€™t happen. The NCAA Committee isnā€™t afraid of giving the A-10 one bid, just look @ last year.

News Flash, A-10 is not a major conference, and this answer is easy. When you have no wins against teams that will get in the tournament, then that looks bad also. OOC schedule sucked for us, and In conference we have a bad loss to Richmond and two home losses to Xavier and St. Joes. We haven't protected our home court losses to Valpo, Miss St., (You get the point). If we win out and don't win the conference tournament this year then we will be OUT. I'm not about to sound stupid and say if we make it to the tournament finals, then we are in. Sorry, but it won't happen. The NCAA Committee isn't afraid of giving the A-10 one bid, just look @ last year.

You mean to Xavier and GW.

Just wanted to point out that home losses are less important than road wins to the committee. The committee wants teams that can get the job done in hostile environments. Otherwise teams like Duke would avoid any road games and play just about everybody OOC at home.

...Just wanted to point out that home losses are less important than road wins to the committee. The committee wants teams that can get the job done in hostile environments.

Possibly true, but home or away, the team has to have good wins, and probably more than one against NCAA tourney caliber teams. Getting it done against St. Bon, Georgia State and UNC-Asheville makes no difference whether they are considered hostile enviroments or not. In my opinion, one win against GW, if it were to happen, is not enough at this point.

On the bright side, winning the A-10 tourney makes the above a mute point.