Braxton Ogbueze - 2012 PG/SG

Braxton Ogbueze will be visiting Charlotte this week, not sure what other schools are currently involved for his services. Played 1 year at Florida, so he’ll have 3 years remaining. Ogbueze was a consensus top 100 player coming out of HS. Gators have Eli Carter transferring in and Kasey Hill, a 5 star PG coming for the Fall.

Rivals - #78 overall, 4 star

Scout - #5 PG in class, 4 star

ESPN - #50 overall, 4 star

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61589/braxton-ogbueze

Wow, nice. Wasn’t sure we’d be in play here. Kid was super highly recruited and played on the same team as Benk and Roberts-Campbell from ECU.

We’ve already gotten two players (Benk and Ivankovic) from United Faith. Maybe a trend?

I’ll take high-level three year transfers all day every day. Most guys don’t really contribute much their first year anyway, so I don’t mind the three year players. Hopefully Braxton likes what he sees.

Gotta think playing at home would be a huge upside for us. Not to mention he will be virtually guaranteed to be a starter/32+mpg guy all three years of eligibility he has left. Hope he meshes well with the team. We could really use his scoring.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:62, topic:23491”]Wow, nice. Wasn’t sure we’d be in play here. Kid was super highly recruited and played on the same team as Benk and Roberts-Campbell from ECU.

We’ve already gotten two players (Benk and Ivankovic) from United Faith. Maybe a trend?[/quote]

Suddenly that Ivan scholarship doesn’t look so foolish.

[quote=“jfickett, post:64, topic:23491”]Gotta think playing at home would be a huge upside for us. Not to mention he will be virtually guaranteed to be a starter/32+mpg guy all three years of eligibility he has left. Hope he meshes well with the team. We could really use his scoring.[/quote]It’d be great to have this guy here, seems to have loads of potential. Don’t know if he’d be a starter right off, unless Henry improves his shooting enough to play more sg. At his size, Ogbueze definitely sounds like a pg, and doesn’t seem to be an outside shooter (yet). And I think Henry is going to be a big-time player by the time he’s a senior. Whatever the case, it’d be a good problem to have if we could bring in this kind of talent. Hope he likes the visit.

Ogbueze would be a starter from day one. We’d likely go with a backcourt of Henry / Lester / Ogbueze. Man that’d be sick. Throw in Clayton&Sullivan down low, and that five would destroy CUSA…

And there is the Skoddy we all know and love…

And there is the Skoddy we all know and love…[/quote]

lol, I know I’m the conductor of the Hype Train, but let’s be real, Ogbueze was a 4star Top50 recruit. He wouldn’t come here to come off the bench.

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3HT2-mbd4

I sure hope Thorne is at a level to start at center by his junior year. We need a center with height.

But u could just be referring to an in game line up. Thorne prob starts next year I would think

I sure hope Thorne is at a level to start at center by his junior year. We need a center with height.

But u could just be referring to an in game line up. Thorne prob starts next year I would think[/quote]

Yeah, Thorne should be starting at center the next few years. I just was thinking of how much raw talent is in that five.

If we I’ll this kid, the 14-15 team will be nasty.

Would be a huge addition.

Demon Brown anyone?

Looks like more of a slasher, but let’s sign him up please

[quote=“Basden05, post:75, topic:23491”]Demon Brown anyone?

Looks like more of a slasher, but let’s sign him up please[/quote]

I thought the exact same thing.

Are we actually in the discussion? I thought he was ACC or bust.

He visited.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:77, topic:23491”]Are we actually in the discussion? I thought he was ACC or bust.[/quote]Yes, we are in the discussion as of now.

He visited.[/quote]

Oh wow! I missed that. TY!