Braxton Ogbueze - 2012 PG/SG

Cherry will be gone.

:o , Consider me excited!

Wow, great news. How quickly things change!! Things are looking bright

Granted, I have only seen highlight of Braxton, but this kid could be a player of the year type in CUSA when he is an upperclassman.

:-*

i have seen this kid play in high school. he is very good. this is not a situation where is not good enough to play for florida but florida reloads like few programs can and that can be tough, especially when you are a young point guard. this kid has star written all over him. i am as critical of recruits as anybody and make no bones about it when we get a commitment from a player that i do not think is good enough but this kid can play.

when will he be eligible to play?

[quote=“trickynbc, post:125, topic:23491”]when will he be eligible to play?[/quote]Will have to sit a year unless he can get a waiver.

in all likelihood 2014

I’m glad we are starting to have some good news again.

I’d like at least one more signing - hopefully a big man who can play right away.

Feast your eyes on these beastly stats http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/1Gb2W7x_10SIBXRiiSkHZg/basketball-winter-11-12/stats-braxton-ogbueze.htm

54% from three.

Welcome back home, Braxton. Tickled that you’ll be a Niner.

Since he will be moving back to his home town, is there not some family claim we can make for him to get an exception from the NCAA?

[quote=“Chisox17, post:129, topic:23491”]Feast your eyes on these beastly stats http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/1Gb2W7x_10SIBXRiiSkHZg/basketball-winter-11-12/stats-braxton-ogbueze.htm

54% from three.[/quote]
Def not a 1 trick pony

I don’t think we’re one of the schools who get those. Didn’t Shamari Spears legitimately move here because of a family issue and we couldn’t even get one for him?

[quote=“4ever niner, post:109, topic:23491”][quote=“2k, post:108, topic:23491”][quote=“4ever niner, post:107, topic:23491”]So that WAS Kate Upton I saw driving down my street yesterday.

Before we cream our jeans, let’s see if we can find out why he played a minor role at Florida and why he transferred out. That said, this appears to be a hugh get for AM and staff and one they needed.[/quote]Florida is bringing in a 5 star PG and landed Eli Carter from Rutgers who will probably be able to play immediately.[/quote] That sounds like a good reason. Thanks.[/quote]

For the record, his bro was extremely adament on twitter that braxton wasn’t transferring because of the competition. He was defending him, saying a lot of people didn’t know what was really going on (kind of similar to what 49ershuffler is saying in another thread, except this is actually a credible source). He mentioned that the assistant coach(es?) that originally recruited him was no longer with the program. I think it has more to do with the players being brought in next year, but just throwing that out there.

With that said, this is an awesome player to add to the roster. I love his game from what I’ve seen/heard about him. I hope things work out better here than they did at uf for him. Its great that he has 3 years of eligability left, I think he can be a stud in all 3 years.

I almost prefer him sitting out a year. A year to practice with the team, learn the plays, be with the trainers, etc. also, we already have like 5 players in the sophmore class next year i think that will be graduating at the same time. It also gives another year to fill the pg spot after Henry graduates.

Hope he works hard to show why he was a 4 star recruit out of high school and give the old f u to Florida for not giving him minutes.

After saying all that, transfers sitting out a year can practice with the team right? Maybe I’m just thinking of a player red shirting. Anyway, still doesn’t hurt.

Yes they can practice. So can Sullivan.

Great news. Said before and say again, chasing stud hi d1 transfers who want to be home is a smart MO.

Now 2 things must happen.

1. THIS season must be a success, Sullivan nor this kid allow Major to “wait until these kids are juniors” or kick the can further
  2. KEEP TEAM INTACT

Hilarious you have to post that

Redshirt players and transfers can practice. The only players that can’t practice with the team are ones that don’t qualify academically but are enrolled in school. Lester, Phil Jones, Demon Brown, and Rodney White are players we’ve had that took that route over the years…

Don’t act like we weren’t after this kid the first time around.